Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

Hey wait a minute, I just noticed something. I was performing arcane necromancy rituals posting in an old thread of mine when I noticed that that my post was tagged with "author" beside the "three-dot-menu." I never noticed that before. When did that become a thing? Or did it become a thing when the "three-dot-menu." became a thing and I never noticed that particular thing?

9 minutes ago, Harald Kerbal said:

Hi guis, can anyone help me how to orbit??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????:sticktongue::lol:

Reveal hidden contents

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hi Harald :)

There is a whole subforum dedicated to tutorials on things like getting to orbit and maybe even going to the Mun :o

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/50-tutorials/

there are also some good Wiki articles on how to start playing. If you look through some of these, it will probably help you learn some of the basics.

https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Tutorials

If you look up "KSP orbit tutorial" on YouTube, you should be able to find some good guides on how to go to orbit :D

I hope this helps : )

3 hours ago, Harald Kerbal said:

Hi guis, can anyone help me how to orbit??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????:sticktongue::lol:

Hide contents

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hey, @Harald Kerbal! Welcome aboard!

So I'm not sure how much you know about orbital mechanics, but the first thing you need to know about orbits is that you're not going up: You're going sideways.

I noticed that you posted a thread about this in the Gameplay Questions & Tutorials subforum. I suggest checking the answers there, because some of the posters have given you pretty good advice. (Also, this isn't really a thread about KSP so much as it's about the KSP Forum and assorted subforums.)

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/200960-getting-to-orbit/

Hope this helps!

Just now, OrdinaryKerman said:

Is there any sort of 'average tenure' for a moderator? If so, how long is it?

I believe @Vanamondehas been a moderator for about 18 years here on the forum, the rest of us last about 6 months before he spits us back out into the wild. 

3 hours ago, Starhelperdude said:

is there a way to lower the volume of the forum notifications? I'm watching a ksp stream that is really quiet, and everytime I get a notification my ears explode, like from writing this word here right now

Unfortunately not, but you might see about your sound settings on your PC or device.  

On 3/13/2021 at 4:44 PM, Gargamel said:

I believe @Vanamondehas been a moderator for about 18 years here on the forum, the rest of us last about 6 months before he spits us back out into the wild. 

Hol up... how old is this forum? Did it actually start before ksp or did I accidentally walk into a spacetime rift and end up nearly 10 years in the future?

also I just looked and he’s been here for8 years. Ok

also who was the first ever forum user and first ever post?

Edited by JcoolTheShipbuilder