Jump to content

Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

Why do the @Jebediah Kerman @Bill Kerman @Bob Kerman @Gene Kerman @Wernher von Kerman test accounts have such high rep? Also why do they have high user numbers despite being created before @aLeXmOrA's account (which appears to be the first legit account)

Some of those accounts had artificially inflated post counts and reputation so that, e.g., Jebediah Kerman wasn't called a "newbie" or whatever the forum called brand new members in the beginning.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Stormpilot said:

Are moderators payed?

No. We offer our time, service, and talents to the forum community for free. We are regular forum members, just like you. We have accepted a layer of responsibility to provide gentle nudges to keep the forum running smoothly. :) 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

is there a thread where you can ask for something and you get redirected to another thread?

Like what? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vanamonde said:

Like what? 

like you say for example:''is there a thread about writing configs?'' and then the owner or others link a thread with that topic

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Starhelperdude said:

like you say for example:''is there a thread about writing configs?'' and then the owner or others link a thread with that topic

We have the search function in the upper right of the screen?

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Waitaminute.....

Was the order of stuff on the home page changed around??

Yes.... apparently it was.... We'll fix that.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't expect community to be above technical support and mods here... Has the forum grown large enough to be a thing of it's own ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2021 at 1:43 AM, Stormpilot said:

Are moderators payed?

They gain better karma.

On 4/3/2021 at 5:56 PM, OrdinaryKerman said:

Why do the @Jebediah Kerman @Bill Kerman @Bob Kerman @Gene Kerman @Wernher von Kerman test accounts have such high rep? Also why do they have high user numbers despite being created before @aLeXmOrA's account (which appears to be the first legit account)

They are Kerbals. They should.

On 4/17/2021 at 1:33 AM, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Was the order of stuff on the home page changed around??

First Order has gone.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did the forum layout change? I could of swore the community tab was near the bottom of the forum, now its near the top?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

4 hours ago, Dfthu said:

Did the forum layout change? I could of swore the community tab was near the bottom of the forum, now its near the top?

Look, just because the community tab is near the top even though it used to be at the bottom doesn't mean that the forum layout has changed. Capice?

Edited by Dman979
Grammer ;-)
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

just because the community tab is near the top even though it used to be at the bottom doesn't mean that the forum layout has changed

but isn't that the definition of a change

Link to post
Share on other sites

So it turns out that there was a minor reorganization. Same subs and all, just in a different order. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2021 at 3:33 PM, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Waitaminute.....

Was the order of stuff on the home page changed around??

Yes, the Community section has been moved up a bit to give it better visibility. We are currently testing this new placement. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Weak Player said:

I have a question after reading the page : How do you become a moderator?

Sometimes we invite applications, and sometimes we just invite someone we think would make a good moderator. We look for people who are helpful on the forum and good written communicators. We're not looking to add to the team right now, though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...