Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

Not a question, but a notice.

1. You are editing your post. So the text editor subwindow is opened.

2. Without closing editor you like some another post (so, the focus leaves the text window and gets on the Like button).

3. You press Ctrl-Enter because there is nothing more to quote, so you have nothing to add in your post.

4. Instead of submitting your post, you get removed like on the post just liked, because the Like button is still focused.

Idk, if the Like button really needs to be focusable.

Weird thing happened today. I suddenly got IP-banned for an hour from both the forum and the wiki by CloudFlare rate limiting after having opened the past seven or so major version announcement threads looking for something in the changelogs. Is that normal?

Edited by Fraktal

...okay, I just got IP-banned again after having spent the past half hour editing a wiki article.

The error message, in case it helps:

Error 1015

Ray ID: 6450c6778ee6d42f • 2021-04-24 16:40:46 UTC

You are being rate limited

What happened?

The owner of this website (forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com) has banned you temporarily from accessing this website.

Cloudflare Ray ID: 6450c6778ee6d42f  Your IP: 176.63.145.136  Performance & security by Cloudflare

UPDATE: and now I'm getting a CAPTCHA too!

Edited by Fraktal

10 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

Moderators are recruited from among forum members. Sometimes we invite people to apply, and other times we approach individuals we think would make good moderators. 

I was recruited as a means to force me to behave. :wink:

20 hours ago, Ben J. Kerman said:

How did you come to be moderators? I don't really want to be one, I am just wondering. Did you help in the creation of the forum or something?

I was pressganged into it when @Vanamonde showed up at my house with a cudgel.

8 minutes ago, Souptime said:

yeah, but the probs wont remember a random thread/forum game from like may

10 minutes ago, Souptime said:

ooh i found a loophole i remember commenting on it so if i dont find in on my profile then it got deleted!

31 minutes ago, Souptime said:

oh and it was before this year and it was before autumn

i SWEAR that was i thinggg argh

im afraid to ping gargamel cuz i dont want the thread to be ban't

maybe that thread was deleted???

35 minutes ago, Souptime said:

oh i was hunting for a forum game i THINK was made by gargamel or some other moderator where you would post multiples of something and i think whoever made the thread said whoever posts like the first thing in the 100 thousands they would get a free copy of KSP/KSP 2 and im trying to find it so i can get free stuff

44 minutes ago, Souptime said:

OOH OOH I FOUND ANOTHER DETAIL IT WAS AFTER MY ACC GOT CREATED

I remember it being probably around.... june to august i think? i know it was before my birthday (July 21st)... or was it? idk i remember it being AFTER my acc creation

1 hour ago, Souptime said:

did yall find anything else or was it just a feverdream

internet history doesnt go that far backf or me too

2 hours ago, Souptime said:

definetly last year, somewhere after the KSP2 announcment but not a lot i think, i know it was after... no wait

it was defo before 1.10... or 1.9... the memory is pretty hazy but the only reason i remember is "free stuff"

2 hours ago, Souptime said:

hold on wait i just remembered a thing about like a game where you comment multiples of something and i swear to kraken it was started by gargamel and im pretty sure whoever started it said if someoen comments like the first multiple in the 10 thousands the guy who started it will buy the guy who commented a free copy of KSP/KSP2

and i remember really wanting KSP2 so i had to whip out the calculator but now i cant remember or find the thread and im not sure if it was started by gargamel or not

if someone finds it for me i'll give em a free art coupon availible for one (1) free art, music or drawing of choice

the hunt is on

i have been going NUTS trying to find an old thread, i swear there was this forum game that you posted multiples on, and the author (Who i think is gargamel for some reason) would give out a free copy of KSP/KSP2 to whoever posted like a digit with 6 numbers in it. i posted on it multiple times but for the life of me i cant find the thread. not in my history, not in the lounge/forum games section. not even in my chrome archive. maybe it was just a feverdream idk. Please i just need some closure on wether i can still get free stuff or not :cry:

I dont really expect any of you just instantly find it or tell me it was deleted but i just NEED to know what happened to it

It was a little after my acc got created, and before august 2020 i remember that

if you need more details PM me. this might not be a question related to the threads topic but hey, i didnt see any rules on what you can/cant ask :wink:

How would you delete your account? There doesn’t seem to be an option in the account settings, would you have to request from a moderator? (Purely out of interest, not a request!).

Also, whilst searching around for the answer, I came upon the main rules and am intrigued by this one:

J. Roleplay, e.g. acting as a Kerbal, 

Has anyone ever pretended to be a Kerbal and did it cause all matter of forum unrest when they did hence the (on face value) strange rule?!

33 minutes ago, FruitGoose said:

How would you delete your account? There doesn’t seem to be an option in the account settings, would you have to request from a moderator? (Purely out of interest, not a request!).

If you would like to delete your account you need to fill out the web form here.

11 minutes ago, FruitGoose said:

Has anyone ever pretended to be a Kerbal and did it cause all matter of forum unrest when they did hence the (on face value) strange rule?!

A while ago some members used to roleplay and it did cause lost of unrest making the forum an unfriendly place.

2 minutes ago, James Kerman said:

If you would like to delete your account you need to fill out the web form here.

A while ago some members used to roleplay and it did cause lost of unrest making the forum an unfriendly place.

Thank you for the reply. How surreal.

11 hours ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

What does Error code: 2F173/1 mean?

9 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Means there has been an error. 

And after a little googling..... it seems that you have tried to access something, a thread or the like, you're not allowed to access.   

11 hours ago, Souptime said:

i have been going NUTS trying to find an old thread, i swear there was this forum game that you posted multiples on, and the author (Who i think is gargamel for some reason) would give out a free copy of KSP/KSP2 to whoever posted like a digit with 6 numbers in it. i posted on it multiple times but for the life of me i cant find the thread. not in my history, not in the lounge/forum games section. not even in my chrome archive. maybe it was just a feverdream idk. Please i just need some closure on wether i can still get free stuff or not :cry:

I dont really expect any of you just instantly find it or tell me it was deleted but i just NEED to know what happened to it

It was a little after my acc got created, and before august 2020 i remember that

if you need more details PM me. this might not be a question related to the threads topic but hey, i didnt see any rules on what you can/cant ask :wink:

The difference between a six digit prime and the current number is 96140 so don't expect to get there anytime soon:D

Edited by Kerminator K-100