Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

13 hours ago, Dman979 said:

It's actually an unborking- signatures were never supposed to be scrollable, but we were able to restore their previous functionality in this round of updates.

On 7/14/2021 at 2:56 AM, Deddly said:

If you need to scroll to see a signature, the signature is too big.

RIP lorge signatures :(

Edited by Souptime
oh hey llok new page

On 7/15/2021 at 12:32 AM, Ben J. Kerman said:

Wait, signatures are unscrollable now?! NOOOOO!!!!!! SO MUCH STUFF IN MINE IS GONE! Well actually, only a bit of stuff, not exactly "so much".

Just wanted to make sure you've seen this excellent how-to by @adsii1970, just a few posts after you posted this:

The TL;DR is that if you want to have a large amount of stuff "about you" that people can see, you have an alternative.  Instead of trying to cram it all into a signature-- where it may get cut off, and also can get in people's way since it's repeated on every post-- you have the option of creating your own "about me" page in a status update, where you can put as much stuff as you like, and then just link to it from your signature.  Would that address your concern?

Im going to frame my question around the Dont Click This thread.

Lets say you are actively replying to the thread because it is unlocked (yay), but while you are finishing your reply the thread gets locked. Can your reply still be posted (since it was technically written prior to the lock, just the submit was not hit prior to lock)? What about if the submit is hit at the same instant it is locked?

Edited by AlamoVampire

27 minutes ago, AlamoVampire said:

Im going to frame my question around the Dont Click This thread.

Lets say you are actively replying to the thread because it is unlocked (yay), but while you are finishing your reply the thread gets locked. Can your reply still be posted (since it was technically written prior to the lock, just the submit was not hit prior to lock)? What about if the submit is hit at the same instant it is locked?

Let's find out.  I unlocked it, compose a post, then I can lock it, and you can try posting.

edit: Quick test shows that no, it cannot.

Edited by Geonovast

I'm not sure exactly who was the first moderator (though I can see some of the earliest ones). Some of them are still around. I'm not pinging them for their own privacy, but if they want to chime in they're welcome to.

Edited by Dman979
Added clarity.

On 7/15/2021 at 12:22 AM, Dman979 said:

The ranks were the cause of the rockets on people's profiles. Ranks have been a part of this forum for as far back as I can remember, but it was a choice between keeping the ranks or removing the rocket pictures. Given the feedback we got, we chose the latter option.

I'm hopeful that we'll find a way to re-add the ranks in a future update without the rockets.

24 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

I just got another forum rules popup. Has anything changed? I couldn't see anything major in a quick scroll through.

Didn't have a copy of the (new/old) one and didn't have it memorized. I am wondering the change as well.