Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

3 hours ago, Abel Military Services said:

What will happen if i got too more restriction points? 

In most cases, points expire over time.

If you accumulate too many points at one time, you can earn:

• A temporary queuing where all of your posts for a predetermined time must be approved by moderation staff. If your point-earning continues...
  • A temporary banning from the forum where you are not permitted to log into the forum to post for a predetermined time. If you set up a second forum account to skirt this temporary banning...
  • Even more bad things can happen, such as a permanent ban from the forum.

Believe me, no moderator enjoys awarding warning points to forum members, especially when the points can add up to the most serious consequences. And it's no secret as we've shared this insight on this thread plenty of times - we moderate as a team. Nearly all moderation actions are done in conversation with the team. And none of us enjoy the most extreme moderation measures we are forced to take.

We always urge all forum users to become familiar with the forum guidelines when they sign up for the forum. This will prevent the moderation team from having to enforce the guidelines and the point system.

29 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

In most cases, points expire over time.

If you accumulate too many points at one time, you can earn:

• A temporary queuing where all of your posts for a predetermined time must be approved by moderation staff. If your point-earning continues...
  • A temporary banning from the forum where you are not permitted to log into the forum to post for a predetermined time. If you set up a second forum account to skirt this temporary banning...
  • Even more bad things can happen, such as a permanent ban from the forum.

Believe me, no moderator enjoys awarding warning points to forum members, especially when the points can add up to the most serious consequences. And it's no secret as we've shared this insight on this thread plenty of times - we moderate as a team. Nearly all moderation actions are done in conversation with the team. And none of us enjoy the most extreme moderation measures we are forced to take.

We always urge all forum users to become familiar with the forum guidelines when they sign up for the forum. This will prevent the moderation team from having to enforce the guidelines and the point system.

Thanks. BTW I like your previous Avatar better. 

The American corporation who owns these forums is refusing to grant my request under the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation and erase my data. Therefore I am being forced to do this myself by editing.

The American corporation who owns these forums is refusing to grant my request under the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation and erase my data. Therefore I am being forced to do this myself by editing.

The link you were provided previously is all that is required of the forums.   You may enter your data and delete your account.  Nobody will hold your hand or do it for you.  I’m sure Take Two’s legal department made sure they were in compliance of the law, even if it doesn’t apply to the vast majority of our members. 

Be aware though, if you delete your account, you are forbidden from rejoining the forums. From our Community Guidelines:

4.2 One user per account, one account per user

Only one person may use an account, and you may only create one account on the forums.

3.6 Evading restrictions

Members who try to evade a ban or restriction will be permanently banned from any or all of the services Take-Two provides.

Edited by Vanamonde

I’ve seen post like this elsewhere. I dont think it’s the same person posting it because I got the impression they were not on this one at all because it’s KSP and is not Fallout nor Skyrim and there not thrilled about Starfield because it’s not Tes or Fallout. The other was a Minecraft mod forum.

just odd. I wonder what started this  since it seems to have popped up all at once.

5 hours ago, Drakenred65 said:

I’ve seen post like this elsewhere. I dont think it’s the same person posting it because I got the impression they were not on this one at all because it’s KSP and is not Fallout nor Skyrim and there not thrilled about Starfield because it’s not Tes or Fallout. The other was a Minecraft mod forum.

just odd. I wonder what started this  since it seems to have popped up all at once.

Posts like what?

6 minutes ago, Drakenred65 said:

And apparently it’s a law or regulation that changes next year Europe. The way it reads it’s mostly unenforceable feel good legislation outside the Most of The EU. Kind of like how Californias emissions laws are not exactly enforceable outside of California.

While it is a discussion for another thread, we can Split it off if we’d like to talk more, being a top ten global economic power forces companies to simplify manufacturing standards and comply with the most restrictive laws.   Same with a website.   But for this case, that’s a question for Take Two’s legal department, which we have no direct interaction.

8 hours ago, Drakenred65 said:

just odd. I wonder what started this  since it seems to have popped up all at once

Occasionally, we get upset members who gone on a tirade and remove all their posted content in an effort to teach…. Somebody.. a lesson.  Little do they realize the only people they are hurting are their fellow forum members.  

On 12/21/2022 at 11:54 PM, Dman979 said:

o sorry to hear that @adsii1970 doesn't use the internet anymore. Rest in peace king, you will be missed. ;.;

Huh? Yeah, I still use the Internet. Just been really rough with some real-life stuff preparing for my liver transplant sometime this year (2023) in addition to other stressful things.

Anyhow, for those of you wondering, the TOTM will be dropping today. I would have had it posted last night but we had severe weather in our area and with the storm sirens going off, lots of lightening, and all that entailed, I decided to avoid running the risk of creating ozone!

• 2 weeks later...

I know this question might be weird, but...

Can a thread have anything as its subject? I guess no. But can a thread have general discussion, or even more general things (maybe not chat however), as its subject? Like its subject is to allow people to discuss about anything, with respect to the forum rules, or to share whatever they want to share with other forum users (with respect to the forum rules).

P.S: Also do the forums support oembed?

38 minutes ago, Nazalassa said:

Can a thread have anything as its subject? I guess no. But can a thread have general discussion, or even more general things (maybe not chat however), as its subject? Like its subject is to allow people to discuss about anything, with respect to the forum rules, or to share whatever they want to share with other forum users (with respect to the forum rules).

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Can you be more specific? (It could also be that you explained it just fine and that I'm really tired...)

29 minutes ago, Nazalassa said:

P.S: Also do the forums support oembed?

Yes, they do. I guess it depends on what sites the forum recognizes (blindly embedding everything it sees doesn't seem to be a very good idea I think). The forums work just fine with YouTube and Twitter links. No asciinema for you however.

I don't think the mods can answer this question, which might be why it was ignored the last time you asked that. I don't think I can answer it either but I tried.

Please take this comment with a tiny grain of salt, it is written at 10PM and it's based on about 10 minutes of looking around the forum software's website and its own forums

15 minutes ago, Deddly said:

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Can you be more specific? (It could also be that you explained it just fine and that I'm really tired...)

Let's say I have a thread. Its topic (or its purpose if you want) is to be a place where all forum users can tell the other what they want to tell them, with respect for the forum rules. Would such a thread authorized?

1 hour ago, Nazalassa said:

Let's say I have a thread. Its topic (or its purpose if you want) is to be a place where all forum users can tell the other what they want to tell them, with respect for the forum rules. Would such a thread authorized?

What do you mean by "with respect for the forum rules"? 

I ask because there is more than one way to understand that sentence.

Are you asking if it's OK to start a thread for discussing the forum rules? 

Edited by Deddly
Clarification

8 hours ago, Nazalassa said:

While still waiting for clarification on @Deddly’s question, I’ll preemptively answer one form of your question.  

Threads need a specific topic.  We do not allow general chat threads.   Yes, we do have some threads that have very broad topics, and some off topic wandering is to be expected as long as it returns to the main topic soon enough.   We also have very narrow topics that we keep to that topic fairly rigorously, ex we try to keep SpaceX separate from Starlink.  

If you’re looking to start a non focused thread without an over riding topic, that’s what we have the IRC for.  

11 hours ago, Gargamel said:

While still waiting for clarification on @Deddly’s question, I’ll preemptively answer one form of your question.  

Threads need a specific topic.  We do not allow general chat threads.   Yes, we do have some threads that have very broad topics, and some off topic wandering is to be expected as long as it returns to the main topic soon enough.   We also have very narrow topics that we keep to that topic fairly rigorously, ex we try to keep SpaceX separate from Starlink.  

If you’re looking to start a non focused thread without an over riding topic, that’s what we have the IRC for.  

I got my answer :)

I feel like I'm encountering a weird bug every now and then on mobile (hadn't used desktop to post anything in a while)

I post something in a thread and it's all nice, but sometimes when I return to it, and want to write a new one, the text box still has my previous input remembered as if I hadn't posted it. It's not always though, hard to track it. Was there a software update recently or something?

1 hour ago, The Aziz said:

I feel like I'm encountering a weird bug every now and then on mobile (hadn't used desktop to post anything in a while)

I post something in a thread and it's all nice, but sometimes when I return to it, and want to write a new one, the text box still has my previous input remembered as if I hadn't posted it. It's not always though, hard to track it. Was there a software update recently or something?

That’s been around for quite a while, but it wasn’t always supported in all browsers.    I think it’s been a year or so, maybe longer that I’ve been seeing it on mobile.    It’s been on my desktop for a long time, and I’ve come to semi rely on it at times.    

But that said, it can be flaky at times, only remembering partial posts, or posts from weeks ago that you never posted.   Or as you say, it’ll remember the post you just actually posted, and you’ll have to clear it. 

TLDR: it’s not new, but does act odd at times.  

Edited by Gargamel