Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

5 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

Worse than that. Kensucky.

ohhh man. And, I thought wayne was bad.

1 hour ago, AtomicTech said:

Clean words.

Cleaning words too, like scrub, wash, and clear.

Well, thats scrubbin bullwash

@AtomicTechWho does your art for your profile picture?

@Dunas Only Moon - Dagnabbit! Now look at what you've gone and made me do, share a link with some family friendly replacement words, gee willikers! :blush:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/life/entertainment/12th/2019/07/19/50-curse-words-alternatives/1673915001/#:~:text=Shake up conversations%2C expand your vocabulary and elevate,cow! 8 Poo on a stick! More items

Actually, pay me no mind, I am just trying to be funny. It's been a long time since I've not had a migraine in a 24 hour period, so I am feeling a little :confused:

It's a pity that the forum doesn't support the image links from "wikia", and even the manually shortened ones are displayed as thumbnails. :(

Spoiler

Fo3_Megaton_Armory_Ext.png

https ://static.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/f/f1/Fo3_Megaton_Armory_Ext.png

Edited by kerbiloid

On 3/31/2023 at 6:17 PM, The Aziz said:

I wanted to ask how to access most of the editor tools like quotes, code box, lists, alignment etc, on mobile, because swiping definitely doesn't work.

Reasking this because it got lost in chaos.

15 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Reasking this because it got lost in chaos.

I don’t know, but I too await an answer.   Because on mobile I really need code blocks more than I need spoilers.  :s

On 5/4/2023 at 8:27 AM, kerbiloid said:

It's a pity that the forum doesn't support the image links from "wikia", and even the manually shortened ones are displayed as thumbnails. :(

Reveal hidden contents

Fo3_Megaton_Armory_Ext.png

https ://static.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/f/f1/Fo3_Megaton_Armory_Ext.png

I'm not a moderator (and this isn't a question) but my gut's telling me wikia is doing that to save on bandwidth. I can't imagine the KSP forums software is deciding to shrink down just wikia images.

Just now, Superfluous J said:

I'm not a moderator (and this isn't a question) but my gut's telling me wikia is doing that to save on bandwidth. I can't imagine the KSP forums software is deciding to shrink down just wikia images.

wikia adds additional info in the URL, after the file extension, like https://........picture.jpg:blah-blah-resolution-etc

If remove that additional part, the picture is pictured in the KSP post.

Though, I've noticed that while previously a large picture was opened on click from the KSP post, now a thumbnail gets opened.
Though 2: Maybe that's for some images, not for every one.

Alright, got another question.  Not exactly mod based, but I need to know. KSP Blueprints, right, like the pictures? How are they made? I want to make them so bad! Are they drawn? Is there software? WHAT ARE THE SECRETS!?!

2 hours ago, Jacob Kerman said:

Alright, got another question.  Not exactly mod based, but I need to know. KSP Blueprints, right, like the pictures? How are they made? I want to make them so bad! Are they drawn? Is there software? WHAT ARE THE SECRETS!?!

Probably best to ask the people that post them.  

2 hours ago, Jacob Kerman said:

You might find this thread helpful. :wink:

13 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

In what way? 

Well, the front page doesn't display posts in KSP[1] Expansions, and the KSP[1] Mods Discussions and KSP[1] Mod Development subsubforums are missing. It's not the case when you click on Kerbal Space Program [1] and you arrive on a page where there's only the KSP1 subforums, in which case it's displayed normally. (see picture above)

On 5/14/2023 at 12:55 PM, Vanamonde said:

The CMs have been tinkering a bit with forum organization. Is that what you mean? 

I imagine that's what they mean, and I will say that for me, I come to the forums pretty much to go straight to KSP1 Mod Releases and Mod Development, and I liked being able to middle click those two so I could go in and find the threads I want quickly, now I have to go down an extra layer of the forums. I do miss that old quickness to access the spots I want to go.

• Community Manager
On 5/15/2023 at 7:47 PM, Krakatoa said:

I imagine that's what they mean, and I will say that for me, I come to the forums pretty much to go straight to KSP1 Mod Releases and Mod Development, and I liked being able to middle click those two so I could go in and find the threads I want quickly, now I have to go down an extra layer of the forums. I do miss that old quickness to access the spots I want to go.

Will fix.