Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

[quote name='Mad Rocket Scientist']What is this? [URL]http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/114591-Kerbal-Military-Engineering-BD-Armory[/URL] And why do all the links say file not found? Thanks![/QUOTE]

You should talk to the owner of the thread/post if their are issues with thread links.

A wild thread owner appears!
Go, MRS!
MRS used confusion!
Thread owner is confused!

Ok, let´s get serious....wich links are broken? I tried the release post links, the download links and the partnership links, and they all worked. If you´re asking why it´s closed, I asked a mod to do it.

[quote name='Mad Rocket Scientist']Alright: Will it be against the rules after the 27th to take craft requests with a group of collaborative builders in a thread in the spacecraft exchange? Thank you![/QUOTE]

Kasper the Friendly Mod answered this in the migration post, in the update section of the OP.

[COLOR=#333333][I][quote name='Kasper']We love to see people work together to build craft and such, and as long as the roleplay element is remove from the Rocket Builder company threads there's nothing stopping you from posting these collaborative threads in the new Spacecraft Exchange forum.[/QUOTE]

[/I]I interpret that as "the only problem is the RP", and you can collaborate on crafts. Though it makes no mention of "requests", I imagine those are allowed too.[/COLOR]

[quote name='sjwt']You should talk to the owner of the thread/post if their are issues with thread links.[/QUOTE]
Note to self: Make sure you've used the right link when posting.
I'm very sorry, I posted the wrong link. :rolleyes: Here the right one: [URL]http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/archive/index.php[/URL]

Questions:

*How Do I delete forum-lag induced double-posts?

*How do I prevent "steve_v likes this" from appearing on posts when giving rep? (I will give no rep if this persists)

*Does "rep" actually mean anything now? "likes" (whatever they are) are cheap.

*Why are line breaks so ridiculously huge?

*Why does the colour scheme hurt my eyes?

*Why does every post I make hang on "saving" forever/until I refresh? (see deleting double posts)

*When are you going to sort out the 502 errors?

And most importantly, why does this "upgrade" feel like a gargantuan step backwards, in appearance, performance, and functionality?

2 hours ago, steve_v said:

Questions:

These two I can address. Rep means exactly as much as it meant before, the cost for repping a post is the same.

Line breaks are, by default, double spaced. Shift-enter gives a single line break.

2 hours ago, steve_v said:

Questions:

*How Do I delete forum-lag induced double-posts?

*How do I prevent "steve_v likes this" from appearing on posts when giving rep? (I will give no rep if this persists)

*Why does the colour scheme hurt my eyes?

*Why does every post I make hang on "saving" forever/until I refresh? (see deleting double posts)

*When are you going to sort out the 502 errors?

And most importantly, why does this "upgrade" feel like a gargantuan step backwards, in appearance, performance, and functionality?

Except for 5 and 6, I totally agree with you. And I like your post :) .

Edited by Kerdinand

47 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

These two I can address. Rep means exactly as much as it meant before, the cost for repping a post is the same.

Line breaks are, by default, double spaced. Shift-enter gives a single line break.

Why would a default be double-spaced, are the guys who wrote this forum software completely unversed in standards of typography?

8 minutes ago, tater said:

Why would a default be double-spaced, are the guys who wrote this forum software completely unversed in standards of typography?

We don't live in the age of the typewriter anymore, single line breaks have been dying for a while (see MS Word defaults and those of other word processors). Just something to get used to, I guess. Personally I used double line breaks in my posts on the old software far more often than singles, for paragraph spacing, but of course YMMV.

What are the grey dots above people's avatars? I see rep below, do they mean the same thing?
Why are the BBcodes broken?
Why is the avatar thing screwing with my picture?
Why is my sigpic broken?
Why can we rep posts in the forum games?

And most importantly, why are we allowed to unlike something? Doesn't this mean that we can take rep away?

Edited by Dman979

10 hours ago, Dman979 said:

What are the grey dots above people's avatars? I see rep below, do they mean the same thing?
Why are the BBcodes broken?
Why is the avatar thing screwing with my picture?
Why is my sigpic broken?

And most importantly, why are we allowed to unlike something? Doesn't this mean that we can take rep away?

1. No idea, still figuring stuff out on this end.
2. BBCode is not directly supported by the new software. Some tags have been converted, others may be converted in the future.
3. It's trying to change its aspect ratio. Crop it to a square and it should be fine.
4. Not sure, what was it before?
5. You can only unlike things you've liked, it's an "undo" feature if you accidentally like something you didn't mean to.

Edited by Vanamonde

9 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

1. No idea, still figuring stuff out on this end.
4. Not sure, what was it before?
5. You can only unlike things you've liked, it's an "undo" feature if you accidentally like something you didn't mean to.

4. It was a picture of the Philmont arrowhead patch. Right now, it's just showing [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC].

5. Ok, I understand this. But if I REP something that you posted, your count goes up. If I unrep it later (say, a week later), does your count go down?
7. What about posts in the forum games?
8. How hard are you working now? It must be exhausting to wade through all the issues.

Edited by Dman979

40 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

Grey dots are linked to the number of posts, but they don't seem to be linked to reputation. I've seen people with 5 dots, hundreds of posts, but very few rep. Still needs investigating though, or an explanation by someone who has experience with IPS.

Ok, I understand this. But if I REP something that you posted, your count goes up. If I unrep it later (say, a week later), does your count go down? 

Just tried with your post (sorry for possible notifications spam): liking gives 1 rep, unliking takes that rep away.

Also, is there a way to properly rep a post, but not liking, ie: add more than 1 point to a user ?

And is there a way to quote someone properly without starting a new post ? Using the quote function does not link to a post or user.

Edited by Gaarst

9 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

4. It was a picture of the Philmont arrowhead patch. Right now, it's just showing [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC].

5. Ok, I understand this. But if I REP something that you posted, your count goes up. If I unrep it later (say, a week later), does your count go down?
7. What about posts in the forum games?
8. How hard are you working now? It must be exhausting to wade through all the issues.

4. Looks like it got misparsed by the conversion script. You might have to put a new embed in there, sorry.
5. I believe it does, yes. Not sure if the ability to unlike something expires or not.
7. Seems like it is enabled in Forum Games for now, I'll pass that along and see if it can be fixed.
8. Kinda? I don't have the ability to make any real changes to the software, so I'm just finding and reporting issues for the admins to look at.