Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

On August 2, 2016 at 4:21 PM, kiwi1960 said:

aren't conspiracy theories against the rules? :)

#banthemods #tinfoil #ruleshavebeenbroken #whyhaveifallenintothetrapthatishashtagsandthisisnowunreadabletoanynormalpersonwhatamidoiiiiiiinnnngggg

Edited by legoclone09

3 hours ago, kiwi1960 said:

Has anyone ever been banned totally from the forums?

Yes, but the number of non-spambot people who have been permanently banned is much smaller than one might think (before you ask, I can't give that number). A user must really try to get themselves banned, as we use lesser measures before it comes to that and give a lot of chances to reform. But some people just want to watch the world burn, so it happens.

1 hour ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Yes, but the number of non-spambot people who have been permanently banned is much smaller than one might think (before you ask, I can't give that number). A user must really try to get themselves banned, as we use lesser measures before it comes to that and give a lot of chances to reform. But some people just want to watch the world burn, so it happens.

Oh right, I should have mentioned non spam bots type things... thanks for the answer (and keeping your finger away from the hammer. :) )

How many users have 10 or less posts?

Actually, is there a nice set of specific statistical data like that to see interesting trends in forum use? Like graphs reflecting the effect of the great forum crash on different activities? Of course, it's not to track the patterns of individual users but rather of the entire forum, but still, would something like that be frowned upon?

Edited by cubinator

1 minute ago, Kuzzter said:

I'm betting silent, otherwise it'd certainly be spelled Vanamondé.

Not necessarily... catastrophe and recipe both end in a pronounced "e."

Normally I would agree with you, but English grammar is absurdly fickle, so I'd like to hear Vanamonde's thoughts on the subject.

1 hour ago, Stone Blue said:

So.... Is it just me, that no longer has the "share this post" button on the top right of every post?

I absolutely NEED that feature... :(

The image is there but I can't click on it. I have no idea if it's something that broke recently or not because up until this moment, I've never clicked on it before.

OK.... time to ask that very very hard question....

When I first joined the forums, I started a thread about Kerbal conspiracy theories.... people were having fun with it....

then a Mod locked it saying "any" conspiracy theories were not allowed.... even fun ones involving KSP....

Now... someone else has started a similar thread and ... nothing.... apparently... its not about conspiracies at all... its about who starts the thread.... right?

(yeah.... even after all this time it still bugs the hell out of me.... at the very least, you moderators owe me an apology..... I mean, either its against the rules or not.... )

:(