[1.1.3] Contract Pack: Historic Missions [V2.3.0] 23/07/2016 - Display Updates and Mars exploration!

Whitecat106

How should the pack be separated? (In addition to the Full Pack)  

236 members have voted

1. 1. How would you like the pack divided?

• Agency Based
    • Chronologically Based
    • Country Based
    • Era Based (1945-1975, 1976-1996, 1997 - 2017)

Awesome. The story missions this game has needed for a long time. Thank u for the work sir

Not sure if this is a bug or if im missing something but on the freedom 7 mission I use a pilot and do a suborbital flight with an apo of 115k(between 40-120) all like it says and they are all checked off until i coast back into the atmosphere and it says im not suborbital anymore and go home never gets checked off. Not sure wat to do, cant figure out a way be suborbital and go home at the same time.Any help?

Awesome. The story missions this game has needed for a long time. Thank u for the work sir

Not sure if this is a bug or if im missing something but on the freedom 7 mission I use a pilot and do a suborbital flight with an apo of 115k(between 40-120) all like it says and they are all checked off until i coast back into the atmosphere and it says im not suborbital anymore and go home never gets checked off. Not sure wat to do, cant figure out a way be suborbital and go home at the same time.Any help?

Sorry about that, I had not noticed, I have uploaded an updated version with a fix now! :) Just reinstall and replace any required files and it should work fine, you may have to cancel the Freedom-7 contract and timewarp for a day or two to reaccept the contract, I have temporarily adjusted the payout funds so that you do not loose funds because of this, let me know if this persists or of any other issues! The irony is that I built such a large contract pack but simply do not have the time to properly test everything! :confused:

Sorry about that, I had not noticed, I have uploaded an updated version with a fix now! :) Just reinstall and replace any required files and it should work fine, you may have to cancel the Freedom-7 contract and timewarp for a day or two to reaccept the contract, I have temporarily adjusted the payout funds so that you do not loose funds because of this, let me know if this persists or of any other issues! The irony is that I built such a large contract pack but simply do not have the time to properly test everything! :confused:

Awesome works great u r the man. Thank you and thank you again.

I had the same problem. Reading this thread now to see if there was an answer and there is. Great great great pack this! It adds a lot of reason for my space program to exist LOL. I had hope on some more between V-2 and Sputnik :) And also Sputniks 2 and 3 :)

Anyone know of a part pack with V-2 parts and redstone etc?

W

In a vain attempt to procrastinate from exams I have decided to update and include afew more missions, the shuttle approach and landing tests, the Vega program and some separate space observation missions. I will soon be producing a flow diagram for the contract pack so that everything with its requirements will be clearly set out for anyone wondering when a certain program is accessible, with this latest update:

- The shuttle ALT missions now need to be complete as well as the Skylab program before the STS missions will become available, the Vega program requires completion of SoyuzT-12, and the JWST, HSO and Kepler contracts require the completion of atleast STS-100.

With some more consideration I have decided to dedicate some time over the next few weeks to splitting the pack into decade eras as well as the complete release, this will allow anyone to play the missions from a given time period without having to have completed 380 contracts formerly - The JWST would require this currently. Just so that people do not get bored of this pack :D. A separation of each space agency or even individual programs may come later too so anyone who wants to just play the Salyut or Mir program missions would be able to.

- - - Updated - - -

I had the same problem. Reading this thread now to see if there was an answer and there is. Great great great pack this! It adds a lot of reason for my space program to exist LOL. I had hope on some more between V-2 and Sputnik :) And also Sputniks 2 and 3 :)

Anyone know of a part pack with V-2 parts and redstone etc?

W

Thanks! :) That is a good idea I will be including some more early unmanned missions in the next update (hopefully), the Tantares pack has a very good set of V-2 parts and is the only one available at the moment I think. The OMSK pack has a very good series of Redstone and Atlas rocket parts which should carry you into the early Gemini missions, beyond that FASA has a great set of parts for the later Gemini and Apollo missions (albeit at the expense of a slightly increased RAM usage). Enjoy!

PARAM

{

name = ReachState

id = ReachState

state = Incomplete

disableOnStateChange = False

values = 0,0,0,0,0

ContractIdentifier = V-2

title = Reach a suborbital situation

notes =

allowStateReset = False

targetBody = Kerbin

biome =

situation = SUB_ORBITAL

minAltitude = 30000

maxAltitude = 120000

minTerrainAltitude = 0

minSpeed = 150

Can't get this to complete, once I got the 150 m/s completion when doing way faster, but most of my tries at suborbital result in neither 150 m/s completion or suborbital.

Unmanned and destroying the V-2 get's completed.

PARAM

{

name = ReachState

id = ReachState

state = Incomplete

disableOnStateChange = False

values = 0,0,0,0,0

ContractIdentifier = V-2

title = Reach a suborbital situation

notes =

allowStateReset = False

targetBody = Kerbin

biome =

situation = SUB_ORBITAL

minAltitude = 30000

maxAltitude = 120000

minTerrainAltitude = 0

minSpeed = 150

Can't get this to complete, once I got the 150 m/s completion when doing way faster, but most of my tries at suborbital result in neither 150 m/s completion or suborbital.

Unmanned and destroying the V-2 get's completed.

Sorry about that, I assume you are using the Tantares V-2 rocket replica? I have rebalanced this contract in the latest update so that it is not so difficult and/or annoying to complete.

A note on the latest update:

I have included some early unmanned flights such as Sputnik 2 & 3 and some V-2 tests, I have also included a series of missions based on the X-15 (only the flights that broke Mach records rather than the 194 (I think) others... :confused:).

Exams are easing off now so I will have more time to add more content and improve the pack in general. The next update will focus on another overhaul of the Russian side of the pack, including some more Russian/USSR programs such as Zond, Foton and the enormous Luna series. I hope to also experiment with some tweaks to the MIR and Salyut expedition missions (a prelude to the ISS expeditions) just so that the station is not left unoccupied for gaps between missions.

I will also begin focusing on separating the pack into modular packs for more freedom of choice for the user!

Enjoy!

:)

Really excited about these contracts; reminds me of going through all the campaigns on the wiki when i first started playing KSP.

I'm running into two problems with early missions like V-2. One is that sometimes the contract just disappears - not listed in the archive as failed. I get a log in the debug console from contract configurator: "Removed contract V-2, as it no longer meets the requirements." This seems to happen mostly when transitioning to the launch scene, but might also happen when time warping at max speed.

The other is that ditching the V-2 in water doesn't complete the contract (or is that intentional?)

Thanks!

Really excited about these contracts; reminds me of going through all the campaigns on the wiki when i first started playing KSP.

I'm running into two problems with early missions like V-2. One is that sometimes the contract just disappears - not listed in the archive as failed. I get a log in the debug console from contract configurator: "Removed contract V-2, as it no longer meets the requirements." This seems to happen mostly when transitioning to the launch scene, but might also happen when time warping at max speed.

The other is that ditching the V-2 in water doesn't complete the contract (or is that intentional?)

Thanks!

I'm having the same issue, and not only with the V-2 contract. The Vostok-1 contract disappeared when I was about to complete it, and appeared again as an available contract days later.

Hi everyone, exams are over and now I can focus far more time into this pack. First of all I want to say thanks for all of the great comments and support, especially for being featured on Modding Mondays! :)

dunadirect and Parkaboy, is your Contract Configurator the latest version? if so then could you send me a copy of your output_log files in a message so I can have a look? This is strange but I will look into it. If anyone else has this problem please post below and let me know! As for the V-2 ditching in water... hmm.. I honestly have no idea, the V-2 1944 and V-2 No.20 contracts require the V-2 to be destroyed but the R-1V requires the rocket to be recovered, as long as the V-2 was completely destroyed (no remaining parts bobbing around in the sea (or command parts.. maybe?) then the contract should complete :huh: I will experiment and see what I can come up with!

As for news on CKAN and KerbalStuff: Should be put up within the next week!

Enjoy everyone! Next update will be soon, but I will hotfix if I can find a solution for disappearing contracts!

Whitecat - I was meaning to follow up on the disappearing contracts, but haven't had a chance yet. If you're able to reproduce it (or if anyone else wants to give it a shot), please turn DEBUG on first so I can get additional info as to why the contract is being auto-cancelled. You can post the logs either here or on the Contract Configurator thread - I'll see it either way.

Oh, and I'll accept either KSP.log or output_log.txt... but despite what others may say KSP.log is far easier to read and contains all the information I need and so is preferred.

Sure thing Nightingale Ill see if I can reproduce the problem this evening, if anyone else has any more information on the problem that would be great!

Just a quick update, the Kerbal Stuff page is up... I have no idea what CKAN really does (Im old fashioned) but I ticked the checkbox so it might exist somewhere doing something... Enjoy!

''NASA and its Russian counterparts''

That sentence should be the other way around, RSA and it's american counterparts, we all know where Appollo 11 took place, in sillicon valley :P, seriously tho... ULA still launches stuff using Tsiolkovsky's rocket equations.

This is a delicious pack but as I know my luck with contract configurator, 391 missions is 391 chances of major bugs :cool:.

No but honestly it might take some time before anybody notices any bug, if we ever get to them! I'm disappointed you have not included all of ULA launches since the end of the STS program k_tongue2.gif. Just jokes, I feel like part of the fun in your missions pack will be to test them all.

I was wondering if you had included the tragedy missions such as the Salyut 1 return, the death of Gagarin, Appollo 13, STS 107 (officially 113, NASA and the number 13...), STS 51-L...

It would be great to succeed those missions in honor of the fallen astronauts.

Edited by Comatorium420

That sentence should be the other way around, RSA and it's american counterparts, we all know where Appollo 11 took place, in sillicon valley :P,

Really I don't know that. Tell me.

That sentence should be the other way around, RSA and it's american counterparts, we all know where Appollo 11 took place, in sillicon valley :P, seriously tho... ULA still launches stuff using Tsiolkovsky's rocket equations.

This is a delicious pack but as I know my luck with contract configurator, 391 missions is 391 chances of major bugs :cool:.

No but honestly it might take some time before anybody notices any bug, if we ever get to them! I'm disappointed you have not included all of ULA launches since the end of the STS program http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/images/smilies/k_tongue2.gif. Just jokes, I feel like part of the fun in your missions pack will be to test them all.

I was wondering if you had included the tragedy missions such as the Salyut 1 return, the death of Gagarin, Appollo 13, STS 107 (officially 113, NASA and the number 13...), STS 51-L...

It would be great to succeed those missions in honor of the fallen astronauts.

I have a musical mind so for the past 5 minutes I have been pondering over "Tchaikovsky's rocket equations" rather than "Tsiolkovsky's rocket equations" :P That's completely true! I hope to one day finally find the time to play through everything that I have made, I will be bug testing every new feature I add in thoroughly from now on but there could be issues every now and then with some of the contracts I first wrote (I began with the STS and Mir missions) so these are the most likely suspects!

As for the tragedy missions I decided to include them however they play out as the mission would have completed (out of respect to the astronauts), I am actually hoping to include memorial objects (such as a miniature golden shuttle model for STS-51-L and STS-107 or a miniature golden Soyuz capsule for Soyuz-1 and Soyuz-11) to be flown on these missions however my modelling skills are pretty much non existent, but if anyone would like to offer their help just pop me a PM :)

dunadirect: Wow! Nice find! I hope that everything can get sorted out from that! :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.