[1.1.3] Contract Pack: Historic Missions [V2.3.0] 23/07/2016 - Display Updates and Mars exploration!

Whitecat106

How should the pack be separated? (In addition to the Full Pack)  

236 members have voted

1. 1. How would you like the pack divided?

• Agency Based
    • Chronologically Based
    • Country Based
    • Era Based (1945-1975, 1976-1996, 1997 - 2017)

RSS/RO was released a couple days ago, it's possible to have a prediction for RSS compatibility? These contracts fit like a glove on it :)

Regards!

Brilliant! I have not been keeping up to date with the goings on of the forum this last week but this is good news, I'm going to start work on an RSS version now it will just take a little time to adjust all of the values for orbit parameters to their historically similar orbits (time for another round of skimming through 300 Wikipedia pages :confused:).

So as of now the next update will be an RSS release, with the following update focusing on Russian programs and improvements, maybe even the ISS expeditions.

Brilliant! I have not been keeping up to date with the goings on of the forum this last week but this is good news, I'm going to start work on an RSS version now it will just take a little time to adjust all of the values for orbit parameters to their historically similar orbits (time for another round of skimming through 300 Wikipedia pages :confused:).

So as of now the next update will be an RSS release, with the following update focusing on Russian programs and improvements, maybe even the ISS expeditions.

Oh an RSS support would be great :D

And how do you make so many contracts? In my cp I have like 11 contracts and I'm updating some of them and now I'm stressed lol :P I think I'll never be able to update your amount of contracts :P

Edited by CosmoBro

two other issues come up in the debug log:

a) Mir-Kvant-2: "Required value 'description' is empty"

2) It complains that it can't find CNSA logos; in my install they're the only files that are .PNG; the others are .png.

I managed to recompile contract configurator with my change, and the contracts do indeed show up as green in the contract configurator debugger!

two other issues come up in the debug log:

a) Mir-Kvant-2: "Required value 'description' is empty"

2) It complains that it can't find CNSA logos; in my install they're the only files that are .PNG; the others are .png.

I managed to recompile contract configurator with my change, and the contracts do indeed show up as green in the contract configurator debugger!

For #2 I'm willing to bet that you're on Linux and WhiteCat's on windows - it's easy to make that mistake since the windows build won't care about the case of file names, but Linux/Mac will.

:confused: the most anticipated update ever! Anyway i can help with?

EDIT: By the way, even with wrong settings (orbits, etc), should the the contracts appear with RSS/RO or it's not supposed even to show at all? I see no historical missions to choose after installed the contract pack.

ty and regards!

Edited by RickKermen

For #2 I'm willing to bet that you're on Linux and WhiteCat's on windows

i'm actually on windows, so i was surprised! maybe there's an internal file list stored, and they're indexing into it for performance rather than trying to stat?

-If upgrading to a newer version of this Pack (newer than 1.1.0), delete the following files from your GameData directory after installing the new version:

Module Manager.ConfigCache

Module Manager.Config.SHA

I have no idea why but these can sometimes prevent new contracts from being displayed after an update.

Possibly unrelated, when reloading module manager within the game, i see a few "Parent null for ..." messages.

This ends up being because the files are named "... .cfg" - a space before the .cfg. The two I found were "STS-51-B .cfg" and "Historic Mission Pack .cfg".

Still looking into why contracts sometimes get cancelled for no reason, and why contracts don't get offered when the should.

Also, ContractConfigurator has a "no random contracts" agent mentality; the agents in this pack should probably use that.

Possibly unrelated, when reloading module manager within the game, i see a few "Parent null for ..." messages.

This ends up being because the files are named "... .cfg" - a space before the .cfg. The two I found were "STS-51-B .cfg" and "Historic Mission Pack .cfg".

Still looking into why contracts sometimes get cancelled for no reason, and why contracts don't get offered when the should.

Also, ContractConfigurator has a "no random contracts" agent mentality; the agents in this pack should probably use that.

Thanks Duna! Ive changed some contract names, maybe this might fix the problem finally! Ive also changed the CNSA logo to a .png from .PNG, it looks like the .PNG had added an extra layer of transparency that KSP didn't like :sticktongue: That being said I have not had a chance to test it yet!

I will be adding the No random contracts mentality tomorrow hopefully!

Okay so in this update:

I have released the RSS version along with the Regular version in the Kerbal Stuff Download link (might separate these out later for ease of use).

I have also included fixes for most of the bugs mentioned in the last few posts to this thread so thanks Nightingale and Duna for your help!

Next update:

Russian overhaul (Foton, Soyuz details and Soyuz-TMA (ISS) missions).

Enjoy! :)

So if I install this and contract config update it will not break an existing savegame?

It should not do any damage no, If you want to be safe then I would recommend making a copy of your save folder! If you had a previous version of this installed (above version 1.1.0) then you should be fine, if the version was earlier then there may be some need to cancel an existing Historic Missions contract. However I think that the worst that could happen would be one or two contracts being cancelled. But like I said, I don't want to break any ones saves so I would recommend making a backup!

As for contract configurator I don't believe any updates could cause savegame issues (unless you are updating from say contract configurator v0.0.1 or something like that :sticktongue:)

Downloading now! :D Feedback soon...

- - - Updated - - -

:( no contracts appear at all, not on my savegame or starting a new game, any ideas what could be?

Seems to be related to planet names, log example:

"[ERR 22:22:09.172] ContractConfigurator.OrbitFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'Apollo-XI', PARAMETER 'OrbitB' of type 'Orbit': Error parsing targetBody

[EXC 22:22:09.173] ArgumentException: 'Mun' is not a valid CelestialBody.

ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseCelestialBodyValue (System.String celestialName)

ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.CelestialBodyParser.ParseIdentifier (ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.Token token)

ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[T].ParseVarOrIdentifier (ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.Token token)

ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[CelestialBody].ParseSimpleStatement[CelestialBody] ()

Rethrow as Exception: Error parsing statement.

Error occurred near '*':

Mun

...* <-- HERE"

My full log file here: http://www.filedropper.com/ksp_1

I hope it helps.

Downloading now! :D Feedback soon...

- - - Updated - - -

:( no contracts appear at all, not on my savegame or starting a new game, any ideas what could be?

Seems to be related to planet names, log example:

"[ERR 22:22:09.172] ContractConfigurator.OrbitFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'Apollo-XI', PARAMETER 'OrbitB' of type 'Orbit': Error parsing targetBody

[EXC 22:22:09.173] ArgumentException: 'Mun' is not a valid CelestialBody.

ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseCelestialBodyValue (System.String celestialName)

ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.CelestialBodyParser.ParseIdentifier (ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.Token token)

ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[T].ParseVarOrIdentifier (ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.Token token)

ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[CelestialBody].ParseSimpleStatement[CelestialBody] ()

Rethrow as Exception: Error parsing statement.

Error occurred near '*':

Mun

...* <-- HERE"

My full log file here: http://www.filedropper.com/ksp_1

I hope it helps.

It would appear I forgot that the planets in RSS have been renamed! :blush: Okay well in that case I will repair this tomorrow and release an RSS version then! Sorry for the trouble!

It would appear I forgot that the planets in RSS have been renamed! :blush: Okay well in that case I will repair this tomorrow and release an RSS version then! Sorry for the trouble!

oh not a problem of course, glad i can help, it's the least i can do to thank you the great missions pack :)

Seems to work. Am happy for that. As I am on the brink of launching my first ever KSP flight to another planet (after playing since .18 :P ). For a passing of Duna (I hope). I shot many probes away blindly before (all the way past Jool), but never managed to accidentally hit another planets orbit before. This time I am all geared up. With tons of delta v. Mass batteries and solar panels. And dishes for remote tech with 50gm range.

After this I have already planned some more munar and minmus landing attempts. Also never managed to do. But will succeed this time!

W

Request or Thoughts anyway...

Gotta say I'm loving this so far. Had a thought / suggestion - have you reached out or maybe thought about reaching out to the Cacteye Telescope mod team and seeing about integrating optional Hubble missions? From deployment of to servicing of , I think you'd just need Cacteye and KAS/KIS . Just a thought.

Request or Thoughts anyway...

Gotta say I'm loving this so far. Had a thought / suggestion - have you reached out or maybe thought about reaching out to the Cacteye Telescope mod team and seeing about integrating optional Hubble missions? From deployment of to servicing of , I think you'd just need Cacteye and KAS/KIS . Just a thought.

I had thought about this, however as much as I would love to include and connect these two I don't want to constrict people into having to have a certain mod installed (mostly because of the idea that all of the contracts in this pack can be played with or without mods) I thought that instead I might (...I will eventually get round to...) just make a list of recommended mods with their links for each Program in the contract pack. That way people can decide how they want to play out missions like the Hubble deployment and servicing (for instance, some people may prefer Tarsier Space Technologies Telescope parts to Cacteye) and not force them to use a certain mod for the contract (especially problematic with Windows RAM cap). The idea of optional integration seems like a great idea though! In fact this could be easily done and so I may include this in a future update.

KAS and KIS may at some point become dependencies since their potential for this pack is pretty impressive (Not only recreating the Historic missions but what about the mission specific EVA's too!? *Cue Inception music*)

I am soon (by 7pm GMT) to release a fixed version onto KerbalStuff (this fixes the name bugs from the RSS version (thanks RickKermen!)). I have also removed the requirement to destroy the V-2 rockets (this was causing some issues).

EDIT:

The RSS version is now up!

Edited by Whitecat106

I had thought about this, however as much as I would love to include and connect these two I don't want to constrict people into having to have a certain mod installed (mostly because of the idea that all of the contracts in this pack can be played with or without mods) I thought that instead I might (...I will eventually get round to...) just make a list of recommended mods with their links for each Program in the contract pack. That way people can decide how they want to play out missions like the Hubble deployment and servicing (for instance, some people may prefer Tarsier Space Technologies Telescope parts to Cacteye) and not force them to use a certain mod for the contract (especially problematic with Windows RAM cap). The idea of optional integration seems like a great idea though! In fact this could be easily done and so I may include this in a future update.

KAS and KIS may at some point become dependencies since their potential for this pack is pretty impressive (Not only recreating the Historic missions but what about the mission specific EVA's too!? *Cue Inception music*)

I am soon (by 7pm GMT) to release a fixed version onto KerbalStuff (this fixes the name bugs from the RSS version (thanks RickKermen!)). I have also removed the requirement to destroy the V-2 rockets (this was causing some issues).

EDIT:

The RSS version is now up!

Best mission pack ever! RSS must have :)

Sputnik 1 Mission

It seems that there is some bug, the last mission parameters fail to get accomplished, 1st the V-2 rocket destroyed wasn't recognized, now this:

http://i.imgur.com/gjJcgNC.png

maybe some code glitch in the last mission parameter?

Edit: Probably it has to do with periapsis altitude, it's under 215km... Maybe giving min apoapsis and periapsis would be easier to understand the contract, just a minor improvement suggestion :)

Edited by RickKermen

Sputnik 1 Mission

It seems that there is some bug, the last mission parameters fail to get accomplished, 1st the V-2 rocket destroyed wasn't recognized, now this:

Edit: Probably it has to do with periapsis altitude, it's under 215km... Maybe giving min apoapsis and periapsis would be easier to understand the contract, just a minor improvement suggestion :)

Ahh I see what you mean yes, I had assumed that since the vessel reached an orbit around Earth (thus satisfying the first two requirements) that the altitude would only be relevant for any given instance and would be fulfilled once the vessel reached the altitude; rather than the periapsis height having to be that value. Okay this should be pretty easy to fix, Ill see what I can do this evening! :) I will change this for the Regular version as well to avoid confusion.

Sputnik 1 Mission

Indeed, orbital "altitude above x" means periapsis must be above x. It's really only useful when combined with "altitude below x" which means apoapsis must be below x. Otherwise is exactly equivalent to "periapsis above x", which is usually more clear to the player.

Im playing this since a few days, now i going for my first mission to eve, great pack.

I saw it is on its way to ckan, but for some reason you stopped it?! Im just curious; is it something you can fix or will we have to wait for ckan a bit longer?

Im playing this since a few days, now i going for my first mission to eve, great pack.

I saw it is on its way to ckan, but for some reason you stopped it?! Im just curious; is it something you can fix or will we have to wait for ckan a bit longer?

Ahh well I am just learning CKAN (never used it before) so I am just getting my head around the installation process, hopefully a CKAN release will be included with the next update V 1.2.4 either tomorrow or Thursday (probably tomorrow). So hopefully not much longer! Enjoy your trip to Eve! May it be the first of many.. :sticktongue:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.