[1.1.3] Contract Pack: Historic Missions [V2.3.0] 23/07/2016 - Display Updates and Mars exploration!

Whitecat106

How should the pack be separated? (In addition to the Full Pack)  

236 members have voted

1. 1. How would you like the pack divided?

• Agency Based
    • Chronologically Based
    • Country Based
    • Era Based (1945-1975, 1976-1996, 1997 - 2017)

The warnings can be ignored - I really have no intention of removing obsolete functionality (there are way too many contract packs out there to keep track of).  I really just indicates that it's an undocumented feature, and there are now options with more features available.

7 minutes ago, Black-Talon said:

Just in case you're missing out on these contracts due to a misunderstanding I thought you might like to know that it doesn't require or install any parts.

Interesting (!) although...I am incorporating most of all the parts for actual historical models into the contracts !

Cmdr Zeta

3 hours ago, smjjames said:

If I put all of them into the ContractPacks folder at once, will it be fully historical from Sputnik to present? Like, no 80's/90's missions when you're still in 50's/60's?

Hello there,

If you put the contents of the 'Full Pack' into the ContractPacks folder you will have a chronological playthrough of missions with each mission requiring its predecessor before it is unlocked - as historical as I can make it! Although if you chose to play through all of the American side of the pack (Mercury to Apollo) you would have to then 'catch up' with the Russian side (Soyuz & Salyut) to complete the Apollo-Soyuz contract. The 'side' probe missions e.g Mariner, Pioneer, Venera could become slightly out of sync however.

However if you choose to install all of the 'Era' packs at once you will have an.... interesting... mash up of Sputnik, Space Shuttle and New Horizons missions to keep you busy! :D

I am updating the pack to 1.6.4 now to fix the issues with Apollo 1 and some other descriptions!

Enjoy :)

1 hour ago, IntoSpaceAgain said:

Hi @Whitecat106. I know you've only recently fixed the Apollo-1 mission, but could you capitalise the 'trivial' as Linux doesn't like that lower-case T and it was giving me issues until I changed it ;-).

Thanks for a great contract pack. Really enjoying the progression.

I had to capitalize it too actually when I forgot to. The difference though is that I use Windows 8.1 and CC was still giving an exception over it.

@Whitecat106 I'm having a problem with the Korabi-Sputnik 3 mission. It says that I have to crash the vessel into Kerbin, and I've done that twice already, but yet the mission isn't being completed. I had Contract Window open and I saw that the instant the 'vessel destroyed' part got completed, the part saying that I need a crewable command pod went red. These two seem mutually exclusive because if the pod is still there, the vessel isn't destroyed and if the vessel is destroyed, there is no pod.

I'll try to do it while unfocused from the craft and see if that works, I'll also disable stagerecovery temporarily to keep it from potentially messing it up. Edit: Nope, I guess the craft has to be focused on. Since the two states are mutually exclusive, I'm going to alt+12 complete it.

Also, the missions are extremely overpowered with the rep given. If done completely by itself and you're doing ONLY those missions, it's probably fine, but when mixed with other stuff and things like Strategia, it's very OP.

Edited by smjjames

For the Salyut stuff and especially Salyut 1 because I just did that, is this bit below supposed to appear when I 'complete' the initial part?

//PARAMETER
//{
//	name = Duration
//	type = Duration
//	duration = 175d
//        preWaitText = Operate the station for 175 days.
//        waitingText = Performing station objectives.
//        completionText = Useful service life complete, perform deorbit burn (note Soyuz 10 and 11 must be complete before deorbiting).
//}
}

StrategiaCareer_screenshot_2016-01-24--1

I'm asking because that text didn't appear after I had completed it and I was origionally planning on deorbiting after finishing the mission. So, had I not looked at the config, I would have broken the Soyuz 10 and 11 missions because there wouldn't be a Salyut 1 in orbit.

edit: The Lunokhod mission is REALLY buggy, when I initially landed, the next waypoint didn't show up until I went to KSC and back, and, I guess I'll explain in the screenshots. Edit: Decided to alt12 complete it because it's incompleteable in it's current state

How do I complete the DOPS-1 (Salyut-2) mission? It says deorbit the salyut2, but there is no currently active salyut2 and I tried launching and deorbiting something and that didn't work.

edit: Uh, theres a problem with this contract, the docking time exceeds the deadline.... I changed the deadline number to something higher.

StrategiaCareer_screenshot_2016-01-26--0

Theres some others that exceed or come close to that 70 day deadline Soyuz 37, soyuz 36, soyuz 34, soyuz 32, soyuz 29 (the Russians had lots of long duration missions), soyuz 27. I'm sure theres lots more. You probably need to give all of them (manned station habitation missions especially) a pass and check the deadlines vs the length given.

Edited by smjjames

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the bug reports, comments and downloads (having now reached 40,000 downloads!).

Thanks smjjames for that comprehensive bug report! It was very helpful! Especially the rover screenshots! :)

I have updated the pack to fix all duration related issues causing problems to the Salyut, Mir, Soyuz and late STS missions. I have also fixed the issues with the Russian rovers, however the issues with Korabi-Sputnik 3 still trouble me since I cannot actually find the contract file - Gerishnakov who wrote this mission must have saved it within the file of another contract (I simply do not have time to find it right now!) So for the mean-time: Alt-F12 until 1.6.6 on this one!

Real life is still pretty busy so sadly I cannot update much, hopefully with KSP 1.1 I can release 1.7.0 with some new content!

Whitecat106 :)

Cool thanks @Whitecat106

Also, reposting from the Contract Configurator thread:

While doing the Soyuz-Salyut 'dock with station and wait a period of time to do experiments' missions, I'm noticing problems with the docking contract, namely that when the two crafts dock, the Docked: <shipname > and <shipname> become the name of the station, essentially turning the contract to a 'dock with self' contract and it makes it impossible to actually complete the contract. Undocking and redocking did work a few times, but generally it doesn't.

Since they are unable to complete correctly, I'm forced to complete them via alt12. I am doing the actual docking though, so, it really isn't cheating, just fixing a broken contract.

I don't know if it's a stock problem, a problem with the historical contract pack, or something with Contract Configurator.

additional note not in the CC thread: I wonder if the hitchhiker part I put on the station is confusing it or something. It's also happened with the Skylab missions and other 'dock with craft' missions.

Ran into another bug, I had both the soyuz 25 mission and the 'launch salyut 6' missions active at the same time and somehow the 'craft besides salyut 6' part chose the station for the vessel. Edit: And when I docked with Salyut-6, both names turned into the name of the soyuz vessel. Edit: It might have been because I set the salyut 6 station into a ship in an attempt to fix.

StrategiaCareer_screenshot_2016-01-28--0

Edited by smjjames

On 27/01/2016 at 3:52 PM, Whitecat106 said:

I have updated the pack to fix all duration related issues causing problems to the Salyut, Mir, Soyuz and late STS missions. I have also fixed the issues with the Russian rovers, however the issues with Korabi-Sputnik 3 still trouble me since I cannot actually find the contract file - Gerishnakov who wrote this mission must have saved it within the file of another contract (I simply do not have time to find it right now!) So for the mean-time: Alt-F12 until 1.6.6 on this one!

Real life is still pretty busy so sadly I cannot update much, hopefully with KSP 1.1 I can release 1.7.0 with some new content!

On 28/01/2016 at 6:06 PM, MormorBella said:

The korabl-sputnik-3 Mission is located in the VostokMissions directory. :)

It's possible that all Korabl-Sputnik 3 needs is a 'disableOnStateChange = true' added to the re-entry parameter, so that when the vessel is destroyed it doesn't 'uncomplete'. @Whitecat106 The Korabl-Sputnik missions are all saved in the VostokMissions folder, as Korabl-Sputnik was part of that real-life programme.

On 30/01/2016 at 11:22 PM, smjjames said:

Is anybody else having problems getting SoyuzT-6 to show up? It's required for a whole string of Soyuz missions to appear.

Hello, I am currently working on fixing this (simple fix, found a relic bit of code from when the pack was just Soyuz, Mir, Salyut and STS), I am also trying to fix the issues with dockings across all docking related contracts, this is a strange one since docking with Gemini missions seems to have worked fine.... Looking into it now though! Also working on RSS compatibility fixes! Thanks Gerishnakov, I have fixed the mission now!

Update 21:06

Okay docking issues are being fixed now (only present on Soyuz up to TM-01), but I will check out STS missions just incase, RSS will be prioritized with this release and this will be 1.7.0, with 1.8.0 now becoming the KSP 1.1 version.... 

Edited by Whitecat106
More Info

Hello everyone!

Okay 1.7.0 is out, I have fixed all the issues mentioned above and included the Nimbus, Poppy and Foton programs. With 1.8.0 I shall re-release RSS compatibility and include more new content, however I may have time in the coming days to fix any issues and release a 1.7.1!

Thanks for the bug reports and enjoy the new missions! Now up to 506 Contracts!

@Whitecat106

I have a question. When the Salyut-1 is already in orbit, it's supposed that you have to perform Soyuz 10 & 11 mission, docking with the Salyut-1, I'm right? If so, why is the soyuz 10 not showing up?

I've looked up in the contract configurator, and the Soyuz 10 mission has a REQUIREMENT: Complete Salyut-1 (DOS-1) Contract. But i need to deorbit the Salyut-1 to complete the contract, and if I do so, there won't be Salyut-1 in orbit to complete Soyuz 10 & 11 contract.

Can anyone tell me if I'm wrong or it's a contract mistake?

Thanks

Edited by Alexisroldan97

Hello everyone, 

I am currently very busy irl, (on a train in London darting around the country as I type this), but hopefully this weekend I will release 1.7.1 to fix some bugs (leave anything you would like fixed/changed below). I may also include some balancing with this update since nightingales strategia has been released (which plays with reputation gains with strategies). 

I will also be providing a new download location since unfortunately kerbalstuff is no more.. (my thoughts on this later). 

However I refuse outright to host on curse (no matter how endorsed by squad); it is simply a poor overly complex service that to be honest is just ugly to use.

Therefore I am looking for alternatives, if anyone has any suggestions please let me know below. Also if anyone can help me out with setting up a github repo, (a useful YouTube video or something)  it would be greatly appreciated since I really do want this to become a more communal effort! 

So now for the moan; please read past this if you are of a sensitive disposition. 

Squad get your game together, (no pun intended), anyone informed will understand this, Kerbalstuff was without a doubt the most efficient, smooth and 'stockalike' hosting site since the space port went down. At this point, for me, stock KSP is barely enjoyable, done to death, and I can say honestly I have never landed and returned from eeloo... But I have still played every aspect of the game. 

Mods are, let's be honest, the biggest aspects of the game for people who have played for a period of time without it becoming monotonous,  KSP is now and after 1.1 will be kept alive by mods... So why is there so little support? This isn't a moan from a disgruntled programmer... I hate computers...  But a concern. 

Anyone remember fengists boat parts? The mod that actually gave interest into kerbins oceans again after a long time since the big 0.24 boatparts mod... Well squad without a doubt noticed that, decided to add buoyancy and water physics randomly... This late in the game(again no pun)? No. They noticed popularity; and as a result of poor code referencing and an abysmal changelog that mod went under (these puns just flying out!) as did a good deal of work I had done on a boat navigation plugin and a maritime contract pack. 

This is not a general stab at squad but a statement of realisation, this stagnant lul in mod development until 1.1 will only continue and increase after 1.1 without better support and care for the mod makers; thus interest in KSP will diminish as it certainly has with me.... One thing to say is I'm glad I can make mods to keep myself entertained... 

Wow long post... Almost in Newcastle now!.... 

Whitecat106 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Just to let you all know I have released 1.7.1 on the new SpaceDock. So a download link is available, also back on CKAN too!

Note about 1.7.1:

- Fixed the issue raised by Alexisroldan97 regarding Soyuz-10 and Salyut-1 (it was possible to destroy the station before the mission) Although this may still be an issue for Mir, and Salyut-2 to Salyut-7, a note is included in the contract parameter for missions requiring the Soyuz missions to be complete before deorbiting.

ooo la la; going to download, I appreciate all the work you've done, these really add a lot of spirit to the game, thanks.

One minor complaint, is the pacing seems a bit off. I have kerballed landers on both moons and it's still telling me to do LKO unmanned missions and I've been churning those out like mad (even using the cheat screen at times:sticktongue:). I guess it's to be expected with so many missions, but that's the only detailed feedback I can provide besides "it's awesome."

Cheers.

Hey, so I don't know if this is new to this download (the latest one you just released) or if I just never noticed it in the past, but apparently "Kerbin" is being referred to as "Earth" a number of times, if I'm reading my player.log correctly.

This one is for the contract "SoyuzTMA-21" (but there are a few others that I saw); "Earth is not a valid celestial body". I'm assuming this is a contract from HistoricMissions, but it never explicitly states it, but there are others that I'm pretty sure I've done that were listed (V-2), but I could still be wrong, and if so, I apologize. Not sure how it'll affect the contracts in game, if they don't have a correct reference point, or point of origin, it might kill them completely for all I know, I haven't test it, just discovered this now.

Anyway, thought you should know (and I know you're busy).

Cheers.

---edit---

Reverted to previous version and exceptions/errors disappear.

ContractConfigurator.ContractType: CONTRACT_TYPE 'SoyuzTMA-21': Error parsing targetBody

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

ArgumentException: 'Earth' is not a valid CelestialBody.
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseCelestialBodyValue (System.String celestialName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.CelestialBodyParser.ParseIdentifier (ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.Token token) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[T].ParseVarOrIdentifier (ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.Token token) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[CelestialBody].ParseSimpleStatement[CelestialBody] () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
Rethrow as Exception: Error parsing statement.
Error occurred near '*':
Earth
.....* <-- HERE
  at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[T].ParseExpression (System.String key, System.String expression, ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.DataNode dataNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseSingleValue[CelestialBody] (System.String key, System.String stringValue, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[CelestialBody] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[CelestialBody] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, System.Action`1 setter, IContractConfiguratorFactory obj, .CelestialBody defaultValue, System.Func`2 validation) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.Debug:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
ContractConfigurator.LoggingUtil:LogException(Exception)
ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil:ParseValue(ConfigNode, String, Action`1, IContractConfiguratorFactory, CelestialBody, Func`2)
ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil:ParseValue(ConfigNode, String, Action`1, IContractConfiguratorFactory, CelestialBody)
ContractConfigurator.ContractType:Load(ConfigNode)
ContractConfigurator.<LoadContractConfig>d__1e:MoveNext()
ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator:Update()

(Filename:  Line: 4294967295)

Edited by Deimos Rast
update

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.