[1.1.3] Contract Pack: Historic Missions [V2.3.0] 23/07/2016 - Display Updates and Mars exploration!

Whitecat106

How should the pack be separated? (In addition to the Full Pack)  

236 members have voted

1. 1. How would you like the pack divided?

• Agency Based
    • Chronologically Based
    • Country Based
    • Era Based (1945-1975, 1976-1996, 1997 - 2017)

1 hour ago, Deimos Rast said:

Hey, so I don't know if this is new to this download (the latest one you just released) or if I just never noticed it in the past, but apparently "Kerbin" is being referred to as "Earth" a number of times, if I'm reading my player.log correctly.

This one is for the contract "SoyuzTMA-21" (but there are a few others that I saw); "Earth is not a valid celestial body". I'm assuming this is a contract from HistoricMissions, but it never explicitly states it, but there are others that I'm pretty sure I've done that were listed (V-2), but I could still be wrong, and if so, I apologize. Not sure how it'll affect the contracts in game, if they don't have a correct reference point, or point of origin, it might kill them completely for all I know, I haven't test it, just discovered this now.

Anyway, thought you should know (and I know you're busy).

Cheers.

---edit---

Reverted to previous version and exceptions/errors disappear.

Hello! Thank you for your previous post!

Did you install through CKAN or the SpaceDock?

The issue appears to be that you have installed the RSS version instead of the Stock version, when downloading from SpaceDock this should not be an issue since you can choose and pick the contract packs by following through folders (the main HistoricMissions zip breaks down into the RSS version and the Stock version, from there the subpacks and the full pack are found. I realise that at the moment CKAN might not make that distinction and install the main zip itself... thus players would end up with around 3000 contracts mixed up between RSS (earth) and Stock (kerbin) requirements :confused:

But yes! Check you have just one pack installed! You can currently choose between, RSS or Stock, (RSS not being updated past 1.6.0 until KSP 1.1) and from these you can play from either the full pack (1940 - 2016) or one of three 'era' packs. Just open the subpack folder and copy the 'HistoricMissions' folder from within one of these into the ContractPack folder in your GameData directory! 

I will make changes to this system for 1.8.0!

Whitecat :)

I LOVE THIS MOD!!!! Thank you for all the hard work it has definitely increased my hours of game play.

I am having an issue Gemini contracts that require rendezvous. I have tried switching craft and nothing i can think of allows to complete the missions. I downloaded the mod on CKAN.

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to filter out the contracts unrelated to the launches from NASA and USAF. Essentially, I'd like to recreate the American space program without being asked to complete contracts from the Soviet side.

P.S. I have played through about 2 dozen contracts and find this mod to be extremely fun. Thank you for your effort.

Hello everyone,

I am terribly sorry about this but due to a combination of broken laptops and KerbalStuff going offline I have lost the original version of 1.7.0, the former version to the current.

This contained 35 more missions, the Foton Program, the Poppy program, the Rhyolite program etc... Sadly I have lost these.

If anyone has a copy of 1.7.0, not the updated version currently on the SpacePort, please contact me via PM, this would be greatly appreciated.

So the plan at the moment:

1.8.0 will be released today with the return of RSS compatibility.

1.9.0 will be released asap once I have recovered or remade the lost contracts

2.0.0 will release with KSP 1.1 and will contain more future missions, past missions, balancing and possibly the answer to @gonzo98x's question with further sub packs for the Soviet-Russian missions (including concepts for Mir 2 instead of ISS missions and Buran-Mir instead of STS-Mir missions), and the Nasa-Eurasian missions (Including concepts for Shuttle-Skylab 2 instead of Shuttle-Mir missions and Space Station Freedom instead of ISS missions)

Thanks in advance to anyone who can contact me regarding 1.7.0 and the lost missions! 1.8.0 will be out shortly.

Whitecat106 :)

Hello again everyone,

1.8.0 is out on SpaceDock, RSS compatibility is back, only a few tidying changes to the Stock version. More to come in 1.9.0, again if anyone has a copy of Historic Missions which includes files in the Foton program folder please let me know!

Thanks,

Whitecat106

15 hours ago, tmikesecrist3 said:

is the RSS verson of the contracts, aslo on the down load form cKan?

Hello there,

I would currently not recommend a ckan download, it should be on there but I would recommend a manual install. 

This is because the download contains both the RSS version and the Stock version, as well as the four sub packs, since you only want either Rss or stock and only one subpack; a manual install may be easier.

Right now I am not sure if ckan differentiates the different parts of the pack for a download, if not then you might accidentally end up with around 2000 contracts, half of which would not work due to stock-rss changes. 

So until I can investigate, stick with a manual download from SpaceDock.

Just a general note on installing the mod: 

Step 1: Download the latest version from SpaceDock. 

Step 2: Within this download there are two folders, Rss version and Stock version along with the release notes and credits. Choose the desired folder, and open.

Step 3: Pick a subpack from the four folders, either the full pack (option 4) or a specific era (dates are shown on the packs).

Within each subpack folder is a folder called 'ContractPacks', copy this into your GameData folder within your KSP directory.

I hope this is useful for anyone having trouble, I will get to the bottom of ckan for 1.9.0. 

Again a quick reminder incase anyone has a version prior to 1.7.0 to get in touch please! 

Edited by Whitecat106

53 minutes ago, gonzo98x said:

Just a heads up. 1.8.0 doesn't load up in RSS.

Tested with contract configurator. 1.7.1 loads up A-OK though.

What does the output log say? Which pack are you using? Which version of contract configurator and Realism Overhaul are you running?

I have tested this on my end using a slightly outdated install (early 1.0.5) with RSS and everything works fine :S

13 minutes ago, gonzo98x said:

RO was updated to 10.9.6

CC was updated to 1.9.10

CC log was showing me error loading it using alt+F10 menu

Can you copy and paste an instance of the error? I need specifics to fix the problem 

http://imgur.com/zVQ56yB

This is the best I could get for you.

My mod list:

KSP: 1.0.5 (Win32) - Unity: 4.6.4f1 - OS: Windows 8.1  (6.3.10586) 64bit
Filter Extensions - 2.4.1.3
Advanced Jet Engine - 2.6.1
Community Resource Pack - 0.4.9
Contract Configurator - 1.9.10
CustomBarnKit - 1.1.4
Deadly Reentry - 7.3.1
CapCom Mission Control On The Go - 1.0.2
Contracts Window Plus - 1.0.6.1
DraggableMenu - 1.1
DraggableMenu - 1.1
Ferram Aerospace Research - 0.15.5.7
Firespitter - 7.1.5
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.0.19.4
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.1.4
HyperEdit - 1.4.2
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.5
Infernal Robots - 0.21.4
ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.1.2
NavHud - 1.2.1
Procedural Parts - 1.1.11
RCS Build Aid - 0.7.7
RealChute - 1.3.2.7
RealismOverhaul - 10.9.6
Real Scale Boosters - 0.9
RealSolarSystem - 10.6.2
SCANsat - 1.1.4.9
ShipManifest - 5.0.1
SolverEngines - 1.15
TextureReplacer - 2.4.12
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.5
Transfer Window Planner - 1.4
TweakScale - 2.2.6
VenStockRevamp - 1.9

Edited by gonzo98x

6 hours ago, gonzo98x said:

http://imgur.com/zVQ56yB

This is the best I could get for you.

My mod list:

KSP: 1.0.5 (Win32) - Unity: 4.6.4f1 - OS: Windows 8.1  (6.3.10586) 64bit
Filter Extensions - 2.4.1.3
Advanced Jet Engine - 2.6.1
Community Resource Pack - 0.4.9
Contract Configurator - 1.9.10
CustomBarnKit - 1.1.4
Deadly Reentry - 7.3.1
CapCom Mission Control On The Go - 1.0.2
Contracts Window Plus - 1.0.6.1
DraggableMenu - 1.1
DraggableMenu - 1.1
Ferram Aerospace Research - 0.15.5.7
Firespitter - 7.1.5
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.0.19.4
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.1.4
HyperEdit - 1.4.2
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.5
Infernal Robots - 0.21.4
ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.1.2
NavHud - 1.2.1
Procedural Parts - 1.1.11
RCS Build Aid - 0.7.7
RealChute - 1.3.2.7
RealismOverhaul - 10.9.6
Real Scale Boosters - 0.9
RealSolarSystem - 10.6.2
SCANsat - 1.1.4.9
ShipManifest - 5.0.1
SolverEngines - 1.15
TextureReplacer - 2.4.12
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.5
Transfer Window Planner - 1.4
TweakScale - 2.2.6
VenStockRevamp - 1.9

I have checked on my end using the most up to date RSS/RO and Contract Configurator and all 541 contracts from my pack load for me (the 40 odd contracts from the RO/RP download however do not). So I can not find an issue here :S Maybe a CapCom compatibility issue? But I doubt this.

If anyone else can verify this error please do post in this thread so I can address this. I would recommend reinstalling the pack and/or your contract configurator folder, even maybe RSS and RO itself. Without a error log I cannot debug further, and since I cannot replicate this problem there is not much I can do... Are you sure you have installed Historic Missions correctly?

I am releasing 1.9.0 now, this includes 50 more contracts (some salvaged from the lost 1.7.0), including GeoScience missions and Military Contracts (Poppy, Nimbus missions). This is for both RSS and Stock.

Enjoy!

Hello everyone,

The download link was removed and readded last night (inorder to allow for the mod to be found easier on Ckan) this means that the previous download link and SpaceDock page have been replaced by another version, if you have subscribed to Historic Missions on SpaceDock I would recommend subscribing again to the new page to get updates!

I am ready for the 2.0.0 release, just waiting on KSP 1.1 right now, however if anyone finds any issues with the pack I will put up a fix 1.9.1.

• 3 weeks later...

hi whitecat! thx for your efforts, really looking forward to play your mission pack (the stock one is totally pointless in my eyes).

however, as someone else mentioned before, it is not working with RSS atm... i tried it with the full pack... none are shown in the contract configurator ingame option menu... in the log file in ContractConfigurator/log/HistoricMissions/ it says:

Output log:
[INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Loading CONTRACT_TYPE: 'A-3'
[ERROR] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: CONTRACT_TYPE 'A-3': Error parsing targetBody
[EXCEPTION] System.ArgumentException: 'Kerbin' is not a valid CelestialBody.
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseCelestialBodyValue (System.String celestialName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.CelestialBodyParser.ParseIdentifier (ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.Token token) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[T].ParseVarOrIdentifier (ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.Token token) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[CelestialBody].ParseSimpleStatement[CelestialBody] () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Rethrow as System.Exception: Error parsing statement.
Error occurred near '*':
Kerbin
......* <-- HERE
  at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[T].ParseExpression (System.String key, System.String expression, ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.DataNode dataNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseSingleValue[CelestialBody] (System.String key, System.String stringValue, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[CelestialBody] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[CelestialBody] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, System.Action`1 setter, IContractConfiguratorFactory obj, .CelestialBody defaultValue, System.Func`2 validation) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[WARNING] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Errors encountered while trying to load CONTRACT_TYPE 'A-3'

i'm using:

- ksp 1.0.5

- RSS 10.6.2 with textures 10.4

- Contract Configurator 1.9.11

Cheers

Sero

is there an easy way to ensure that every contract is offered sequentially?

looking in HistoricMissions/Missions/EarlyMissions i see that the sequence is:

A3 -> V2 -> R1V -> R2A -> sputnik1 -> sputnik2 -. sputnik3
           |
          V2N20 -> vanguard1 -> vanguard2 -> vanguard3
           |
          explorer1 -> probe missions

on competing V2 the tree splits and i'm offered R1V and V2N20. i took both, and on completion i was offered vanguard1 and explorer1 but *not* R2A. currently i'm seeing:

SmnFYrq.png

if i wait around, will the R2A contract eventually be offered (RNGeezus willing), thus leading to sputnik1? or am i out of luck?

Edited by speedwaystar

On 18/04/2016 at 7:19 PM, Serotonindude said:

hi whitecat! thx for your efforts, really looking forward to play your mission pack (the stock one is totally pointless in my eyes).

however, as someone else mentioned before, it is not working with RSS atm... i tried it with the full pack... none are shown in the contract configurator ingame option menu... in the log file in ContractConfigurator/log/HistoricMissions/ it says:

Output log:
[INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Loading CONTRACT_TYPE: 'A-3'
[ERROR] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: CONTRACT_TYPE 'A-3': Error parsing targetBody
[EXCEPTION] System.ArgumentException: 'Kerbin' is not a valid CelestialBody.
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseCelestialBodyValue (System.String celestialName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.CelestialBodyParser.ParseIdentifier (ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.Token token) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[T].ParseVarOrIdentifier (ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.Token token) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[CelestialBody].ParseSimpleStatement[CelestialBody] () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Rethrow as System.Exception: Error parsing statement.
Error occurred near '*':
Kerbin
......* <-- HERE
  at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[T].ParseExpression (System.String key, System.String expression, ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.DataNode dataNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseSingleValue[CelestialBody] (System.String key, System.String stringValue, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[CelestialBody] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[CelestialBody] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, System.Action`1 setter, IContractConfiguratorFactory obj, .CelestialBody defaultValue, System.Func`2 validation) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[WARNING] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Errors encountered while trying to load CONTRACT_TYPE 'A-3'

i'm using:

- ksp 1.0.5

- RSS 10.6.2 with textures 10.4

- Contract Configurator 1.9.11

Cheers

Sero

Thanks for this Sero! That report was very helpful and I believe everything is now fixed in this new release!

Version 2.0.0

- Added SpaceX contracts (24 in total)

- Added Alternate History Missions (Moonbase Project Horizon and Space Shuttle Missions)

- Bugfixed RSS version

- Balanced contracts across the pack

This will be the last release for a little while for this pack, I must focus on my other mods for KSP 1.1. However if there are any other issues I will patch asap!

Thank you to everyone who has downloaded and left feedback on this mod, I hope to continue with version 2.1.0 as soon as the new version of KSP is finalized and released!

2 hours ago, Sobas said:

This looks AWESOME! downloading right now :)

Question time:

If I fail or forget to accept a mission, will spawn the next mission? this mission is lost forever?

Thank you!

The mission will reappear eventually (give it 30 in game days or so!) However if you really do not want to complete a certain mission you can use the KSP Alt -F12 menu to complete the contract! So don't worry, failing or forgetting will not break the game!

@Whitecat106: sorry to pester but further to my sequential missions question above, i'm now all the way up to the early Pioneer Program and have been offered only US missions in a steady stream, one after another. the Soviet mission tree is stalled at R-1V (which I completed), never offering me R-2A or later.

is this expected behaviour?

5 hours ago, speedwaystar said:

@Whitecat106: sorry to pester but further to my sequential missions question above, i'm now all the way up to the early Pioneer Program and have been offered only US missions in a steady stream, one after another. the Soviet mission tree is stalled at R-1V (which I completed), never offering me R-2A or later.

is this expected behaviour?

Hello there,

I am sorry to hear you are having issues and I am sorry for taking so long to address this, it sounds like a small corruption with your Contract Configurator save file, if you would like I can have a look at the issue if you send me your Persistence file in a personal message (preferably via uploading it to Dropbox).

I have checked over the files on my end and I cannot see any inconsistencies, I will double check though.

many thanks.

since i accepted the  R-1V and V-2N20 at the same time, would this have anything to do with it?

CONTRACT_FINISHED
{
guid = 56bbe9a4-8bd1-4ad6-976c-e5106022de69
<snip>
  subtype = R-1V
  title = R-1V
  <snip>
    REQUIREMENT
    <snip>
      PARAM
      {
      <snip>
        PARAM
        {
          name = IsNotVessel
          id = IsNotVessel
          state = Complete
          disableOnStateChange = False
          values = ,,,,
          ContractIdentifier = HistoricMissions.R-1V
          title = Must be a new vessel upon accepting this contract.
          notes = 
          completedMessage = 
          fakeFailures = True
          allowStateReset = True
          failWhenUnmet = True
          vesselKey = V-2N20  // <---- was active at the same time, or possibly before, because i also accepted the blossom-1 mission
          <snip>

persistent.sls is here.

Edited by speedwaystar

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.