[1.1.3] Contract Pack: Historic Missions [V2.3.0] 23/07/2016 - Display Updates and Mars exploration!

Whitecat106

How should the pack be separated? (In addition to the Full Pack)  

236 members have voted

1. 1. How would you like the pack divided?

• Agency Based
    • Chronologically Based
    • Country Based
    • Era Based (1945-1975, 1976-1996, 1997 - 2017)

4 hours ago, speedwaystar said:

many thanks.

since i accepted the  R-1V and V-2N20 at the same time, would this have anything to do with it?

CONTRACT_FINISHED
{
guid = 56bbe9a4-8bd1-4ad6-976c-e5106022de69
<snip>
  subtype = R-1V
  title = R-1V
  <snip>
    REQUIREMENT
    <snip>
      PARAM
      {
      <snip>
        PARAM
        {
          name = IsNotVessel
          id = IsNotVessel
          state = Complete
          disableOnStateChange = False
          values = ,,,,
          ContractIdentifier = HistoricMissions.R-1V
          title = Must be a new vessel upon accepting this contract.
          notes = 
          completedMessage = 
          fakeFailures = True
          allowStateReset = True
          failWhenUnmet = True
          vesselKey = V-2N20  // <---- was active at the same time, or possibly before, because i also accepted the blossom-1 mission
          <snip>

persistent.sls is here.

I have just sent you a PM but after looking at this I think I should get @nightingale's opinion.

I reckon that the offending line in the contract may be:

PARAMETER
{
    name = IsNotVessel
    type = IsNotVessel
    vessel = V-2N20
}

Within the R-1V contract. This was not written by myself as far as I recall... Probably part of the community contributed 1.6.0 contract way way back.... could this have remained undiscovered until now though? 

10 minutes ago, Whitecat106 said:

PARAMETER
{
    name = IsNotVessel
    type = IsNotVessel
    vessel = V-2N20
}

i thought that line looked suspicious. i've sent you a PM with the dropbox link.

I am fairly new to KSP. I have not played long enough to detect subtle changes in contracts from one career to the next, although I am nearly certain that the variables for completion of a contract change slightly with each career. I also sense that there are hidden prerequisites to trigger the introduction of a new contract. I started a new career and soon received the "Haul a Thumper.." contract. It is usually after completing that contract that I have enough science points to buy two or three of the nodes in the 4th level of the science tree.

I am playing KSP 1.1 and I have installed Historic Mission 2.0.0 via CKAN. I see the first historic contract in my contract list upon starting a new career. I did not attempt a historic contract. Instead, I intended to play through to my "Haul a Thumper.." point in the game before starting a historic contract. However, I did not receive the Thumper contract. I started a new career and played through but again did not get the Thumper contract. Does Historic Contracts change the vanilla contract system in some way? If not, perhaps there are hidden triggers that reveal new contracts that I am unaware of. I am fairly new to KSP.

Another problem has cropped up. I am playing KSP 1.1 with Historic Missions 2.0.0 installed through CKAN. I see the first historic mission contract in Mission Control when I begin a new career just fine.

However, I do not see any historic mission contracts in a career that has already been started. I tried deleting the "Module Manager.ConfigCache" and "Module Manager.Config.SHA" as suggested in the first post of this thread but no success. I then tried deleting Historic Missions and then reinstalling it but no success. I can see the "Contract Configurator 1.10.4 Settings" icon in the bottom right of the screen and I can click it. In its window I see that HistoricMissions is enabled but I have no historic contracts at Mission Control. Should I be able to see historic missions contracts in a career that has already begun or do those contracts appear only upon starting a new career? I am early game in my career but I would love to begin a historic missions contract at this point in my career. I am open to suggestions and I thank you for the courtesy.

The Contract Configurator screenshot -

Spoiler

at55gWI.jpg

The Mission Control screenshot -

Spoiler

2sUaCPi.jpg

Edited by Six6igma

4 hours ago, Whitecat106 said:

I have just sent you a PM but after looking at this I think I should get @nightingale's opinion.

PARAMETER
{
    name = IsNotVessel
    type = IsNotVessel
    vessel = V-2N20
}

Within the R-1V contract. This was not written by myself as far as I recall... Probably part of the community contributed 1.6.0 contract way way back.... could this have remained undiscovered until now though? 

That seems pretty questionable - especially considering there's a NewVessel parameter that does the same thing without having to refer to a specific past vessel.

Hello everyone,

I have updated to version 2.0.1 which fixes the R-1V contract and subsequently fixes Soviet Missions - sorry about this one! I will soon put out 2.1.0, hopefully I can add the NewVessel parameter to each contract.

I am currently looking for a program to allow me to do this in bulk; otherwise I will have to manually copy and paste the parameter into all contracts in each pack (about 2000.cfg files! :(), if anyone has any suggestions please let me know!

Whitecat106 :)

Excellent pack (BTW I'm surprised you got the bad person Swastika through any censorship!)

Is there anyway to have just the Historic Mission appear at Mission Control?  I'm just finding

it all mixed up with all the Kerbal(stock) stuff.

Thanks and Cheers!

4 hours ago, jbarry39 said:

Excellent pack (BTW I'm surprised you got the bad person Swastika through any censorship!)

Is there anyway to have just the Historic Mission appear at Mission Control?  I'm just finding

it all mixed up with all the Kerbal(stock) stuff.

Thanks and Cheers!

If you use the contract configurator menu (Alt - F10) you can toggle the type of contracts you want to see!

As for censorship; my thoughts: Its historical, it happened and without it the 'birth' of rocketry just wouldn't have happened, a different image could have been used but why should it be when that was history? When it comes down to it the Challenger (STS-51-L) or Columbia (STS-107) disasters or the Soyuz-11 accident could have been removed from the pack; but since these effected the course of history and spaceflight - it wouldn't be a very Historical Contract Pack and more of an 'edited' contract pack! 

I am glad you are enjoying the pack! :)

Hello, I love the pack. I keep having an issue where I get the Explorer and Vanguard missions right after V2, but I'm not getting anything Russian. Seeing as I'm going about playing chronologically, sputnik is fairly important in the history of space travel, I would say.

Has this already been addressed?

Thank you! Great work on everything!

6 hours ago, TheAceOfHearts said:

Hello, I love the pack. I keep having an issue where I get the Explorer and Vanguard missions right after V2, but I'm not getting anything Russian. Seeing as I'm going about playing chronologically, sputnik is fairly important in the history of space travel, I would say.

Has this already been addressed?

Thank you! Great work on everything!

Hello there,

This issue has been fixed in version 2.0.1 and 2.1.0, if you download the new version 2.1.0 everything should play through properly and Russian missions should start to appear!

Hi, 

i have a problem since last update, i don't see any missions after i completed Gemini-IV and Nimbus -5

Spoiler

YkQ3DlY.png

Spoiler

Mm1pfi3.png

I tried to completely reinstall the mod without results
and
I created a new career, it works until the mission venera-13 

22 minutes ago, Crocn said:

Hi, 

i have a problem since last update, i don't see any missions after i completed Gemini-IV and Nimbus -5

Hide contents

YkQ3DlY.png

Hide contents

Mm1pfi3.png

I tried to completely reinstall the mod without results
and
I created a new career, it works until the mission venera-13 

Post KSP.log please.

@Crocn - I didn't see anything in the log that would cause your issue.  I suspect it's due to disabling all the stock contract types though - I've seen times where doing that causes the stock contract system to just give up and stop generating contracts at all.  Try re-enabling one or two of those.

thank you for this attention acorder me

I tried this too but without result 

and the strangest thing is that it works well up to a point (venera-13 with a new career, I used alt-f12 and cheat for try)

I'll try to reinstall the entire game , will see 

31 minutes ago, Crocn said:

thank you for this attention acorder me

I tried this too but without result 

and the strangest thing is that it works well up to a point (venera-13 with a new career, I used alt-f12 and cheat for try)

I'll try to reinstall the entire game , will see 

If you still get it, try another long that includes when you have venera-13 and complete it.

Sorry everyone, been abit tied up with Orbital Decay at the moment!

Thanks @nightingale for helping @Crocn, I hope everything is fixed now, I did look through everything on my end but as far as I can see the continuity of the pack is not broken around Venera-13 but I will check anyway!

Working on 2.2.0 now, this will include many more contracts (hopefully getting to that 700 mark... I'll stop soon I promise...), and some more balancing for the pack and also making sure no RSS contracts have a max orbit level too close to the atmosphere of the planet.

I solved my problem!

actually my problem was not the mod but that I was not sufficiently advanced in my Career

quests are unlocked gradually now

thank you for all these quests, it motivates to learn more about our space history

I am back to using this mod with 1.1.2, I do have the latest version and I am curious if you have list of the contracts?  I think, I am getting them , but not in a chronological order?

For example, I did a few Pioneer and Discoverer missions before Sputnik 1.  I thought perhaps if there was a list, I might be able to report back on any out of order/sequence contracts that I get?

Thanks

22 hours ago, gamerscircle said:

I am back to using this mod with 1.1.2, I do have the latest version and I am curious if you have list of the contracts?  I think, I am getting them , but not in a chronological order?

For example, I did a few Pioneer and Discoverer missions before Sputnik 1.  I thought perhaps if there was a list, I might be able to report back on any out of order/sequence contracts that I get?

Thanks

This is due to these missions having no 'cool down' period, an issue I will fix for 2.2.0, if you were to accelerate time for 10 days or so the Sputnik missions would appear and the chronological order would be restored!

Hi

I've run into an annoying thing. The Historic Mission in my current game stopped spawning after the first one, some german V2 thing (never had this problem before). It's not because of exceptions or nothing, I just think something went wrong. Does anybody know how to force the contracts to restart or something?

Savegame editing is fine by me, if that is what it takes.

Fingers crossed that I'm not the first, and a solution have been found :)

PS: Great mission pack. I love it!

23 hours ago, Whitecat106 said:

This is due to these missions having no 'cool down' period, an issue I will fix for 2.2.0, if you were to accelerate time for 10 days or so the Sputnik missions would appear and the chronological order would be restored!

Will do, not a problem at all.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.