[1.1.3] Contract Pack: Historic Missions [V2.3.0] 23/07/2016 - Display Updates and Mars exploration!

Whitecat106

How should the pack be separated? (In addition to the Full Pack)  

236 members have voted

1. 1. How would you like the pack divided?

• Agency Based
    • Chronologically Based
    • Country Based
    • Era Based (1945-1975, 1976-1996, 1997 - 2017)

Hi is there anyway we can find out which parts pack we need for each mission pack? Like now i've just started and i need to test the A-3 rocket for the N azi's but after spending over half an hour now trying to locate this part i am stuck and its the very 1st mission :(. I downloaded Fasa and Tantares and had a look in the folder to see if i can spot the part i need, but they dont seem to have them listed.

Edited by Gooner

13 hours ago, New Horizons said:

The contract for Pioneer-3 expired. Somehow I didn't see the 70d deadline - or it was not shown - don't know.

Will this contract appear again? Now I can not proceed, because Pioneer-4 won't start. 

This contract will reappear after a few days, you can try to force the contract to reappear by declining contracts in the Mission Control building as this also sometimes will work. :)

Working on 2.2.0 this week, I will hopefully have a release by this time next week, this fixes some massive bugs with duration requirements and adds some new content along with further re-balancing and historic detail. The 2.2.0 also will have fixes for RP-0.

In the meantime the incomplete 2.2.0 can be downloaded from the source at the Github ! this incomplete version currently has fixes for duration requirements and RP-0.

Whitecat106 :)

On 1/14/2016 at 11:28 AM, smjjames said:

@Whitecat106 I'm having a problem with the Korabi-Sputnik 3 mission. It says that I have to crash the vessel into Kerbin, and I've done that twice already, but yet the mission isn't being completed. I had Contract Window open and I saw that the instant the 'vessel destroyed' part got completed, the part saying that I need a crewable command pod went red. These two seem mutually exclusive because if the pod is still there, the vessel isn't destroyed and if the vessel is destroyed, there is no pod.

I'll try to do it while unfocused from the craft and see if that works, I'll also disable stagerecovery temporarily to keep it from potentially messing it up. Edit: Nope, I guess the craft has to be focused on. Since the two states are mutually exclusive, I'm going to alt+12 complete it.

Also, the missions are extremely overpowered with the rep given. If done completely by itself and you're doing ONLY those missions, it's probably fine, but when mixed with other stuff and things like Strategia, it's very OP.

Just quoting to say that this contract is still bugged.

10 hours ago, the grue said:

Just quoting to say that this contract is still bugged.

Cheer @the grue, I've added this to the Github issues list for 2.2.0, must be specific to just one pack as I did not experience this playing through the RSS Full pack. Fix will be included in the next release. In the meantime you could just alt - f12 and complete the contract, you could however delve into the Korabl-Sputnik 3 mission .cfg file. The issue is due to the DestroyVessel parameter being within the VesselParameter group for Korabl-Sputnik -3. Basically, change the contract from this:

PARAMETER
		{
			name = VesselDestroyed
			type = VesselDestroyed
		}
	}

to this:

}
		PARAMETER
		{
			name = VesselDestroyed
			type = VesselDestroyed
		}

At the end of the Korabl-Sputnik-3 .cfg file. Then cancel this contract in the Mission Control center, restart the game and the issue should be fixed! Sorry about this one,

Basically this is a nice pack... but honestly.. i dont like the Swastika Faction here... In the light of current developments in germany as well as the well known history i'd like not to see this inside the game/modpack.

Hello everyone,

I have just updated the pack to 2.2.0 for the latest version of KSP. This version includes a multitude of fixes and changes:

* Added Bion Program (12 Contracts)
* Added Soyuz TMA-15M to Soyuz TMA-20M (5 Contracts)
* Added Lunar Orbiter Program (5 Contracts)
* Renamed TargetBody = Earth to TargetBody = HomeWorld() for RO - RP-0 support
* Fixed Duration parameters across all contracts
* Added Luna 6-9 (4 Contracts)
* Replaced offensive logo
* Multiple minor fixes
* Total contract count = c.672

For 2.3.0 I will include the AVC for update notifications, more contracts (lets get to 700!), completion text for every contract and more detail to the existing pack, along with some fixes to Shuttle missions (post STS-45).

For now, enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

The contract for the meteorological satellite - ~11000km satellite, 90 degree inclination orbit, requires a level of precision in the orbital specifics that seems too high.  I was at 89.996 inclination, apogee and perigee at there right points and within 15km of the correct height, and it still did not read as a proper orbit.

Hello everyone,

2.3.0 is out, this release includes a major update for Contract Configurator 1.15.3, some additions to the Mars/Duna missions and some general bug fixing and reworking.

* Adjusted contract structure
* Reduced resdistribute size
* KSP 1.1.3 release version
* Fixed multiple bugs
* Added Phobos Program
* Overhauled Mars Program; added Mars 3-7
* Added Viking 1 & Viking 2

For the moment the pack is not being released in subpacks (simply too much work to make sure every contract across four subpacks for both RSS and Stock are the same, to counter this I am working on a settings contract for the pack, this will enable the options to:

- Play the full pack

- Play an era, Early (1945-1975), Mid(1976-1996) and Late(1996 - 2026)

- Play either Soviet or American missions only

This however is not ready for the 2.3.0 release sadly, but I will be releasing a 2.3.1 as soon as possible to re-enable this feature, but now with the CC 1.15.1 update all contracts are visible and more suitably grouped with their requirements, as a result one should be able to auto complete any missions they do not want to play etc etc.

I would recommend backing up your persistence file before updating as this version may be incompatible with former save games - sorry! 

Enjoy,

Whitecat106

I got a question - I have been using the mod since 1.1 and so far, taking the trip down the historical lane has been fun and educational.  Thank you for that.

I just updated to the latest version , I do understand that some contracts were changed and updated, but perhaps I am updating the mod incorrectly as I am getting repeats and in fact, the Apollo' were out of order.

thank you for the mod.

23 hours ago, gamerscircle said:

I got a question - I have been using the mod since 1.1 and so far, taking the trip down the historical lane has been fun and educational.  Thank you for that.

I just updated to the latest version , I do understand that some contracts were changed and updated, but perhaps I am updating the mod incorrectly as I am getting repeats and in fact, the Apollo' were out of order.

thank you for the mod.

Hello there,

Im sorry to hear you are having trouble with the pack, I have also noticed this on my own RSS career save, pretty much had to reaccept and auto complete every contract up until my most recent one. This, I believe, is due to either the adjustments to the contract grouping system or some unforseen issue with the new Contract Configurator update, however Nightingale has just released a new version of CC which may fix some issues if you re download it. Apart from that I would try downgrading to an early version of CC and the 2.2.0 version of this pack, along with reloading from an earlier (hopefully backed up save). This issue does not seem to be just with my pack and seems to be effecting many others :S I would definitely stay tuned with the Contract Configurator thread and check there for updates, sadly there doesnt seem to be much I can do on my end :(

Whitecat106

1 hour ago, Whitecat106 said:

Hello there,

Im sorry to hear you are having trouble with the pack, I have also noticed this on my own RSS career save, pretty much had to reaccept and auto complete every contract up until my most recent one. This, I believe, is due to either the adjustments to the contract grouping system or some unforseen issue with the new Contract Configurator update, however Nightingale has just released a new version of CC which may fix some issues if you re download it. Apart from that I would try downgrading to an early version of CC and the 2.2.0 version of this pack, along with reloading from an earlier (hopefully backed up save). This issue does not seem to be just with my pack and seems to be effecting many others :S I would definitely stay tuned with the Contract Configurator thread and check there for updates, sadly there doesnt seem to be much I can do on my end :(

Whitecat106

Okay... thank you for the reply, I just thought I had done something wrong or missed a instructions on how to update.  Not a problem.

35 minutes ago, gamerscircle said:

Okay... thank you for the reply, I just thought I had done something wrong or missed a instructions on how to update.  Not a problem.

Might be worth checking also if you have any duplicates of .cfg files in the HistoricMissions/Missions folder, a reinstall would fix this :) Please let me know if you get everything running smoothly again! :)

On 7/26/2016 at 10:38 AM, Whitecat106 said:

Might be worth checking also if you have any duplicates of .cfg files in the HistoricMissions/Missions folder, a reinstall would fix this :) Please let me know if you get everything running smoothly again! :)

I deleted the whole folder and added the new one.

I have another question.  In this career of mine, is there something that I check that might let me know when the next contract is going to be available?  I just did a timewarp for a rocket to get to Duna and nothing historical has shown up.

I'm playing the RSS version. Noticed after a couple V2 launches, Sputnik shows up right away and no more V2, always the Sputnik mission. There are still sub orbital contracts I haven't gotten yet, like the V2-mk20, b UT I'm stuck on sputnik. Feels like that should come a little later as it takes time to get the parts researched and tested. Wouldn't be so bad but the Sputnik contract only has a two month window to complete before you fail and get hit with -75000 funds and -150 rep. Harsh. If my engine suffers a failure I'm pretty screwed.

I'm guessing Faith-7 and Alouette aren't supposed to be repeatable, right?

EDIT: The Soyuz-4/5 contract seems like it's broken as well as being kind of unclear. Do you need to wait in orbit for seven days before or after the docking? It's a moot point anyway because the countdown never starts even with all the requirements filled.

Wait...CKAN says it's only on v2.2 not 2.3 - is upgrading liable to fix this sort of stuff?

EDIT2: Actually it looks like this might be a contract configurator issue or something? Contracts from Historic Progression are repeating when they shouldn't as well

Edited by baldamundo

Hi all -

I am curious what I might have not done as the hist. missions / contracts are no longer appearing.  With the recent update to the mod , I did get the batch of MIR [which by the way was really cool and fun] , but I haven't seen anything past Soyuz TM-18

Is there trigger that might need to occur or perhaps a contract that I didn't complete or something?  How can I check and how can I kickstart this again?

btw - ; The mod/contract hasn't been detecting the docking, transferring of crew and durations spent in space. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.