[1.1.3] Contract Pack: Historic Missions [V2.3.0] 23/07/2016 - Display Updates and Mars exploration!

Whitecat106

How should the pack be separated? (In addition to the Full Pack)  

236 members have voted

1. 1. How would you like the pack divided?

• Agency Based
    • Chronologically Based
    • Country Based
    • Era Based (1945-1975, 1976-1996, 1997 - 2017)

• 3 weeks later...

Hallo!

Thanks for the great misson pack!!

I need help.

I like to play only the Gemini Mission pack, so I deleted all others in the mission folder. It did not offer me a contract from the gemini misson because I did not finish Gemini I. Gemini I is not available.

How do I install only a part of the misson pack?

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry if this is an epic n00b question, but I read the original post and searched this topic page for "vostok" and haven't found an answer:

I've just unlocked the "korabl-sputnik 1" mission and it prompts me to use "an unmanned vostok-style command pod". I've tried using the stayputnik and prodobodyne octo probe cores; the contract says "[checkmark] crew: unmanned" but "[x-mark] Include an unmanned Vostok-style command pod".

What am I missing here? I know there are several recommended parts mods, but it doesn't sound like they're required. I'm playing with several dozen mods, and it's possible that I've deleted a parts mod that was enabled when I started this career mode, but I haven't changed my modlist very much.

Thanks very much for you answer, and for this amazingly comprehensive contract pack. Greatly enjoying the play-through.

6 hours ago, Pugachev's Apprentice said:

Sorry if this is an epic n00b question, but I read the original post and searched this topic page for "vostok" and haven't found an answer:

I've just unlocked the "korabl-sputnik 1" mission and it prompts me to use "an unmanned vostok-style command pod". I've tried using the stayputnik and prodobodyne octo probe cores; the contract says "[checkmark] crew: unmanned" but "[x-mark] Include an unmanned Vostok-style command pod".

What am I missing here? I know there are several recommended parts mods, but it doesn't sound like they're required. I'm playing with several dozen mods, and it's possible that I've deleted a parts mod that was enabled when I started this career mode, but I haven't changed my modlist very much.

Thanks very much for you answer, and for this amazingly comprehensive contract pack. Greatly enjoying the play-through.

It wants an unmanned probe core attached to a manned pod with no crew in it, as if it's a test mission (which it was)

Also, any word on support for this in 1.2? Not trying to pester, I just haven't heard anything from the mod dev in a while and kinda wanted an update on this. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I installed Historic Missions RSS and i can see two errors in KSP.log :

• ProbeMissions/LunaMissions/Luna-9cfg : target = Kerbin instead of target = Homeworld()
  • SoyuzMissions/SoyuzT-6cfg :This code seems to be incorrect but i don't know why, it doesn't existe in SoyuzT-7.cfg for example :
REQUIREMENT
{
	name = CheckSoyuzMission
	type = Expression
	expression = HM_DOS6_Ready == 1
}

[LOG 14:19:44.792] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Loading CONTRACT_TYPE: 'SoyuzT-6'
[ERR 14:19:44.801] ContractConfigurator.ExpressionRequirement: CONTRACT_TYPE 'SoyuzT-6', REQUIREMENT 'CheckSoyuzMission' of type 'Expression': missing required attribute 'title'.

[WRN 14:19:44.802] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Errors encountered while trying to load CONTRACT_TYPE 'SoyuzT-6'

Thank you so much for this awesome mod.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I seem to be stuck on the Ranger-4 mission where you're meant to impact the mun. I complete the contract when the vessel hits the mun but it doesn't go green and when I go back to the space centre it says the contract hasn't been completed. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

• 2 weeks later...

You can now decide which Era of missions you want to play (Space Race, Shuttle, Present) see the download for installation instructions!

This feature does not work with Contract Configurator, and there are no instructions in the download folder.

Desktop%2002.22.2017%20-%2013.11.45.01.p

Desktop%2002.22.2017%20-%2013.13.44.02.p

Desktop%2002.22.2017%20-%2013.14.42.03.p

Desktop%2002.22.2017%20-%2013.14.47.04.p

None of the alternative configurations appear in-game, or can be selected with Contract Configurator. I can only enable and disable the contract pack as a whole.

Help?

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 18. 6. 2017 at 4:19 PM, PmThay said:

Its a shame if no one picks this one up...
:( 

it works in 1.3 and there is enough content for a loooong time, i´m using it with ett and kerbalism, but with ett there is one problem: it´s called vanguard-1,it requires you to get an openable sol. panel, but in that tech tree it takes 125 or so science to do so, so you are comming to theese contracts with far superior tech

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if this has been reported before or not but I've noticed a small bug.  I'm playing KSP 1.2.2 with RO/RSS/RP-0 and all their required mods (plus FASA and a few other parts mods).  I'm in the Apollo era and am just finishing the Apollo 8 contract, though I had the same exact problem with the Apollo 4 contract.  If you use the FASA Apollo parts, the docking probe on the Apollo CSM attaches to the "Apollo Command Module Forward Heat Shield" which is jettisoned prior to splashdown so that the parachutes are exposed.  The problem is all the Apollo contracts have a requirement of having a docking port.  As soon as you jettison that forward heat shield, you lose the docking port which means you're missing one requirement to complete the contract.  This can be fixed by adding "disableOnStateChange = true" to the DockingPort portion of each Apollo contract.

On a side note, this is the first time I've ever played with the historical missions contract pack and I have to say I've really enjoyed it.  But I'd definitely like to see some additional Mercury, Gemini and Soyuz missions added to the pack.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm finding a few missions that just don't seem to want to show up for me.  For instance, I've got the Mariner 10 and Viking 2 missions currently underway, I've completed all the Apollo missions (including the ASTP), and I've completed the first four Space Shuttle Missions.  But I've yet to be offered missions line Pioneer 10 & 11 or Voyager 1 & 2.  As far as I can tell, I meet the requirements for these missions, but they don't come up as options.  Anyone have any ideas?

• 3 months later...
On 21-3-2018 at 4:18 PM, Crewlink said:

Hi Guys,

Im going to revive this Mod. If u have any ideas for improvements, just let me know.

Regards

Thumbs up for that; I think this mod beats RP-0 when it comes to value of the contracts. It actually teaches something about space history while playing!

On 21-3-2018 at 4:18 PM, Crewlink said:

Hi Guys,

Im going to revive this Mod. If u have any ideas for improvements, just let me know.

Regards

A better fleshing out of the Soviet space program would be nice, like including the Zond and Energia programs. I would also swap out the "recommended mods" for the mods that are more updated, like Tantares, Bluedog Design Bureau, Cormorant Aeronology and Alcentar's LCA and RealEngines.

Oh, and pleeaaase make it compatible with 1.3.1 :)

Good evening,

Thx for the first ideas. I’m slowly working thru the contracts. The intension is not only to make it ready for 1.4, but to make them more historically accurate and more fitting for a variety of mods. Every contract testing requires a game restart, so it takes time. 

Please be patient and come forward with more ideas.

Greetings

Hi guys. I have been working on a replacement version for this mod for the RSS series for several months. It started as an expansion pack for this mod but became a full re-write after Whitecat quit modding. It aims to completely re-write and majorly expand this entire mod from beginning to end. First for RSS and then for stock. The beta of 622 contracts is available for testing over in this thread [Wip] History of Spaceflight - Contract Pack for RSS/RO/RP-0

Edited by Fryloespi

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.