So.... what happened to Big Wings?

RocketBlam

I thought we were getting big wings to go with the big spaceplane parts. I haven't been paying attention, but clearly there are no new wings. I have to build my wings out of many of these small parts, and besides looking funny, they come apart at pretty low angles of attack.

Assuming you have v1.0 installed and that you didn't just 'not notice' the parts, try re downloading the game.

I had this on an earlier version where several engines were missing (I blamed Klepto Kerman), a fresh download fixed it, though IIRC I had blank icons where they should have been.

^ Somewhere, out there, some aspiring genius of KSP aerodynamics is going to make the "Untitled Space Craft" fly with that funky wing design :D

Stranger things have happened here:

0034-DC-two-and-a-half.jpg

Broken DC-3? Only have a DC-2 wing available to replace it with? No problem!

Stranger things have happened here:

http://gregcrouch.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/0034-DC-two-and-a-half.jpg

Broken DC-3? Only have a DC-2 wing available to replace it with? No problem!

Lol! That's amazing. Check out the size of the DC-3's aileron though :)

I wonder if anyone had successfully done a "Flight of the Phoenix" before, crashing a twin engine aircraft and flying away with the remaining half, with some modifications.

Well, I verified my game cache, it said two files needed to be updated. Relaunched, and I still don't have the Big-S wing, even though I researched where it is supposed to be (Aerospace Tech). I guess I have to reinstall.

Lol! That's amazing. Check out the size of the DC-3's aileron though :)

I wonder if anyone had successfully done a "Flight of the Phoenix" before, crashing a twin engine aircraft and flying away with the remaining half, with some modifications.

Of course, there's the odd Blohm & Voss BV 141, which was actually designed asymmetrically...

Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-1980-117-01%2C_Aufkl%C3%A4rungsflugzeug_Blohm_-_Vo%C3%9F_BV_141.jpg

Of course, there's the odd Blohm & Voss BV 141, which was actually designed asymmetrically...

I saw this in a book of WW2 aircraft when I was very young and always wondered the all important question:

Why? lol!

I just noticed it has only one horizontal stabilizer. What does that do for pitch control? Guess I need to make KSP replica to "Test the Aerodynamics" as usual :D

Why? lol!

That was a surveillance aircraft. They wanted to see 360 degrees around, so everything that can obstruct the view fromm cabin was removed, including right part of horizontal stabilizer.

Cabin was fully made of glass, providing ability for pilot to look literally everywhere.

So, answer is - they wanted to see MOAR! Given the possibility they would have made it totally out of glass. ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.