BURAN Shuttle - Release

DECQ

So, I am with you again. I have given the Buran and Energia Dragon, he is engaged in cfg file, converts Buran in birdie. A new foto.

9089144_m.png 9089145_m.png 9089146_m.png 9089147_m.png

Buran will have several versions,at the moment it has only two. You can offer their own versions of the title, I'll translate them into Russian and make a new version of the Shuttle. :)

Edited by DECQ

The 2 unfinished shuttles have been sitting in a rotting hanger since the late 80's i do not think they would ever fly.

93b24d9b04cf36b10688e10614930c21.jpg

The one working shuttle that flew once was destroyed when the hanger collapsed.

buran-damaged.jpg

Kudos to you decq. The NASA shuttle was a open project everyone saw and could learn about. The USSR was not so forthcoming with their "military" aircraft. The original plans where even lost during the fall of the USSR so i really commend you on your work in getting such great accuracy and detail on a very secretive (and historical) orbiter. Im looking forward to using your mod when its released.

Such a shame that the new Russian Republic(or whatever they're called) decided not to resurrect the Buran Program!

"Russian Republic(or whatever they're called)" please,show me this the country on the map......

Edited by DECQ

"Russian Republic" please,show me the country on the map...

I think he was referring to the Russian Federation to distinguish the difference between it and the USSR. Far as i understand the Russian Federation never took ownership of the Buran it died when the USSR dissolved.

The 2 unfinished shuttles have been sitting in a rotting hanger since the late 80's i do not think they would ever fly.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/93/b2/4d/93b24d9b04cf36b10688e10614930c21.jpg

The one working shuttle that flew once was destroyed when the hanger collapsed.

http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question/spacecraft/buran/buran-damaged.jpg

Kudos to you decq. The NASA shuttle was a open project everyone saw and could learn about. The USSR was not so forthcoming with their "military" aircraft. The original plans where even lost during the fall of the USSR so i really commend you on your work in getting such great accuracy and detail on a very secretive (and historical) orbiter. Im looking forward to using your mod when its released.

Space Shuttle same "military" as the Buran. ;)

Space Shuttle same "military" as the Buran. ;)

Please don't misunderstand my comment as insensitive i highly respect the Russian space program and feel it has definitely made its name. My point is that early on the Buran was not as public as NASA put their shuttle out to be in the beginning. It also only flew once which is a shame.

The Russian Buran was known to exceed nearly every spec of the NASA shuttle which is an amazing task. It could haul more, it could handle higher temperatures, it could fly itself and eventually it was planned to have atmospheric engines to allow it to land nearly anywhere in the world or transport itself back to its home base (removing the need for the Antonov 225) and finally to top it off it used LFO instead of solid fuel on energia which was more efficient and safe. What an amazing spacecraft and if Russia was able to continue the project i feel it would have paved the way for the next generation of space shuttles.

Please don't misunderstand my comment as insensitive i highly respect the Russian space program and feel it has definitely made its name. My point is that early on the Buran was not as public as NASA put their shuttle out to be in the beginning. It also only flew once which is a shame.

The Russian Buran was known to exceed nearly every spec of the NASA shuttle which is an amazing task. It could haul more, it could handle higher temperatures, it could fly itself and eventually it was planned to have atmospheric engines to allow it to land nearly anywhere in the world or transport itself back to its home base (removing the need for the Antonov 225) and finally to top it off it used LFO instead of solid fuel on energia which was more efficient and safe. What an amazing spacecraft and if Russia was able to continue the project i feel it would have paved the way for the next generation of space shuttles.

I understand you correctly, do not worry. Although the exterior was taken from the Space Shuttle NASA (plagiarism), although these were very different machines, despite the appearance. But do not worry, we will renew the program "Energy-Buran", at least in the KSP. :D

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed, thats a pretty addition to the orbiter collection. :) But decq's energija will kill the RAM again :D

Not as much as before.Buran is little lag, but not fatal as it was before.)

Yes, but now the problem again, the parachute does not want to disclose :)

- - - Updated - - -

But the payload, and the first docking!!!.

9113888_m.png 9113889_m.png

True when returning Buran flies like a brick with wings. I look forward to working Dragon01, even a little help,in configuring a complete aerodynamics I do not understand nothing.

I've converted all textures to DDS now, Decq.

I must say that while having some atmospheric flight problems Buran is excellent nonetheless!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

The only problem I ran into was with the docking module. MechJeb and the stock targeting system don't understand where the port is and are 90 degrees off of where they should be. This means that you have to dock your stations to Buran and not the other way around.

Also excellent job with the hatch!

I've converted all textures to DDS now, Decq.

I must say that while having some atmospheric flight problems Buran is excellent nonetheless!

http://imgur.com/a/XNkLb

The only problem I ran into was with the docking module. MechJeb and the stock targeting system don't understand where the port is and are 90 degrees off of where they should be. This means that you have to dock your stations to Buran and not the other way around.

Also excellent job with the hatch!

Cool !!! thanks for the help !!! The docking station does not work properly, it is necessary to fix it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.