KSP-gaming friendly food? (IRL)

TimePeriod

I've just ordered a pizza.

I'm a bad person, I should make it myself but then again, what is life without a little vice eh?

This gets me thinking, what type of food could be the best option for gaming with KSP in mind.

The way I am setup currently involves heavy use of the numpad/keyboard and not as much the mouse, so I could potentially eat dinner with one hand only.

Another thought springs to mind "Do not eat near your keyboard, it is very dirty." Yeah I pretty much scrub down my keyboard with 82% alcohol every week, so no worry there.

What about you guys, what kind of food do you think is the best/efficient option while playing KSP?

Particularly when I am starting a new career: https://bigrockbeer.com/beer/dead-reckoning

but in terms of solid food, as opposed bread in a mug, I suggest tortilla chips and salsa verde, dim sum dumplings, nuts, sour wine gums as they all seem to qualify to me as the sort of snacks I envisage being referred to on the IVA sticky notes and storage lockers.

I never eat while gaming. Apart from the fact, that the most time I'm playing, I'm recording Let's plays, and therefore have to have my mouth free to talk, I find it distracting and it's really easy to get your peripherals of choice (Mouse, Keyboard, Controller) dirty. I only drink, while playing. Mostly Iced Tea (homemade without sugar) or water.

For me its Mccain frozen meals - they look and taste enough like microwaved airliner/train food to keep in the spirit of driving over kerbin.. all adding to the experience of the elcano challenge via train

dr.pepper (sugar version!) when I can find it has also become the official KSP Overland train driving drink.. its distinctive taste and smell helps me be one with the world of kerbin.. much like how a sight, smell or sound can bring ones mind back to a moment in time..

oddly I experience this alot with bourbon.. the smell of it reminds me of an S-2 tracker ASW plane I climbed in 3/4 drunk in a museum camping at an airshow many years back.. it was the drink of choice before I undertook that adventure :)

For me its Mccain frozen meals - they look and taste enough like microwaved airliner/train food to keep in the spirit of driving over kerbin.. all adding to the experience of the elcano challenge via train

dr.pepper (sugar version!) when I can find it has also become the official KSP Overland train driving drink.. its distinctive taste and smell helps me be one with the world of kerbin.. much like how a sight, smell or sound can bring ones mind back to a moment in time..

oddly I experience this alot with bourbon.. the smell of it reminds me of an S-2 tracker ASW plane I climbed in 3/4 drunk in a museum camping at an airshow many years back.. it was the drink of choice before I undertook that adventure :)

*Reading forum drinking good old english dr pepper*

Another thought springs to mind "Do not eat near your keyboard, it is very dirty." Yeah I pretty much scrub down my keyboard with 82% alcohol every week, so no worry there.

Wait... you're saying I should stop using my keyboard as a plate?

Most commonly KSP snacks for me are chips, sometimes hummus and pita.

Gaming and food is a dangerous mix. If you take your gaming seriously, you should be calorie counting and that means set meals, not pigging out while you do other things. Multitasking can be efficient, but you don't want efficiency in terms of damaging your health.

Is this one of those new "Hardcore Gamer" things?

Clearly a "stock only" purist.

I just use mechchub. It tells me when the pressure on my buttons is approaching critical.

Edited by Randazzo

I know you said food.. but for me the best thing to consume during game time is homebrewed Kombucha. Its a heavy drink, a fermented tea, 1% alcohol, tangy and absolutely delicious. Its certainly not a meal but it fills you up and there's none of the mess usually associated with food.

yall need more of this in your lives:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/48/Kombucha_Mature.jpg

In the spirit of space travel, I would have to say any food that comes in a squeezable pouch is good, and it keeps your keyboard clean too. Of course, the hard part is actually finding food like that, so I just stick to food that doesn't get your hands greasy or oily.

In the spirit of space travel, I would have to say any food that comes in a squeezable pouch is good, and it keeps your keyboard clean too. Of course, the hard part is actually finding food like that, so I just stick to food that doesn't get your hands greasy or oily.

My one year old son likes these smoothie-like fruit-based foods that comes in a small squeezable packets. I think I need to buy some for myself as well.

smafolk-paere_banan_jordbaer.jpg

ellas-kitchen-food.jpg

In the spirit of space travel, I would have to say any food that comes in a squeezable pouch is good, and it keeps your keyboard clean too.

That's old-style. For the modern space traveler, any sort of food is appropriate.

Just freeze-dry and reconstitute it first.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.