KSP Re-Score? Coding new music into the game?

-ctn-

So I know there's a mod that's like a soundtrack selector that lets you pick custom songs to play...

But I was wondering... For my ongoing project of re-scoring KSP (which got posted on the Facebook page a few months ago), I was wondering if there was a way to build a plugin for it that triggers a different song for different circumstances.

My idea is that a particular song would play as soon as you launch (maybe it recognizes that the launch clamps have been released?) and have different songs for each sphere of influence. So when you're in Kerbin orbit, it plays a specific song but when you go heliocentric, it plays another song. Then if you get to Duna/whatever planets SoI, the song changes to a planet specific song. And once again if you land on the planet, a different song would be triggered.

I I am NOT a coder so I would need considerable help with this, but is this kind of thing even possible with the current engine? I imagine songs could be triggered by altitude, such as when you reach below 50km above Duna, the song changes to the Duna surface song.

Thanks in in advance for any tips or ideas!

I'm sure this is possible with the given system. IIRC (at least in previous versions) once you hit about 60km or so, the "space" music would start playing in the background. This leads me to believe there have to be programmable 'triggers' that you can set to go off when specific circumstances are met.

As for how to do that, well, someone will know! I might be able to dig into the code a little bit after work, but no promises. It's been a while since I've done serious programming :)

That would be awesome!

I figured it might be done with something like "if...then" statements. There could even be a separate song for docking, if you have a craft selected as target and the active vessel is within 1km.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.