[Showcase] Mini Crafts

I've recently reworked my Stackable Ion Probe:

tMBhJAw.png

Unfortunately, due to the probe core rebalance that came in 0.90 (I think), it's stuck using the fat OKTO rather than the OKTO2, with which I could have made it smaller than a Kerbal. At present, it's the diameter of a Kerbal and the height of a Mk1 pod.

Why so many sensors? It's designed to enter orbit around a planet or moon and strip mine all biomes as best as can be done from space; there is an antenna for transmissions, but sponging up the remaining Science requires recovering at least two temperature scans and three gravioli scans per biome, so I've included twelve to enable full scans of up to four biomes per flight.

Edited by parameciumkid

hmmm.. I did have a tiny yard-flea shunter in an earlier save.. but 3701 being an industrial type branch line locomotive would qualify.. shes much smaller than any mainline train.. as are her wagons :) still doesnt quite fit in a car space though

E7xEZ4K.jpg

hmmm.. I did have a tiny yard-flea shunter in an earlier save.. but 3701 being an industrial type branch line locomotive would qualify.. shes much smaller than any mainline train.. as are her wagons :) still doesnt quite fit in a car space though

http://i.imgur.com/E7xEZ4K.jpg

I assume the wheels are done via kerbpaint, but how do you do the numbers on the side?

The flag is a custom alpha texture that I overwrote one of the ugly stock flags with.. so that all that show are the numbers themselves and no background..

happily when planting a flag externally KSP automaticly puts a white background

the mod im using is called flag decals

http://www.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/222813-flag-decals-v2-3

it lets you place the mission flag in an assortment of ways on craft using its own 3d modeled paper thin part.. more like a sticker..

they come in curved, straight.. large, small etc.. a very useful mod to have :)

the painted rover wheels are a seperate custom mod from the stock ones I created.. but you can just as simply repaint the existing stock ones, I used GIMP on linux with the DDS plugin to invert the colour, change to black.. enhance it a little.. and in the case of the locomotive drive wheels on the center 4 of 3701 I highlighted a few sections and turned their respective colours white.. the effect is rather nice..

Just make sure you save with the DX whatever it is 1 compression when saving..

Kerbpaint, never heard of it but I think i'll have to look into it, thanks

I might be using linux now but I used windows before. the procedure is the same with no difference.. have fun :)

Edited by Overland

• 1 month later...

Good news everyone!

Can't afford a landing craft with all the amenities, such as, a capsule, lights, oxidizer? Well have we got the craft for you!

The Farnsworth design team found some old lawn chairs and left over fuel cans, and whala! The Farnsworth Bumblebee!

Testing is still being performed on the craft, err, eva chair, um, fueled lawn chair. so far most of the pilots have survived.

iL53fRp.png

L6GICLf.png

Javascript is disabled. View full album

The Bumblebee can be found on KerbalX through my sig.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.