What is your "complete game" installation?

ezequielandrush

Hi all

I am still playing my first career mode, which is very challenging and stimulating. I really LOVE this game, it's by far the best game I ever played

I am still discovering it and I found that the better thing in this game is modding. Modders complete and enhance the vanilla game far beyond it's original design.

I am playing with Engineering Redux, but I am planning to install Kethane and Inventory System in order to make thinhs more realistic and colorful...

What are the mods tath make the game "complete" to you?

Salut

Zeke

PD: Forgive my english

Lets see, Ferram aerospace research, Deadly re entry, Kerbal attachment system, Kerbal inventory system,Kerbal joint reinforcement, Universal storage, Distant object enhancement, almost every mod that enhances spaceplanes excluding B9, Kerbal aircraft expansion, Planetshine and lastly Environmental visual enhancements

Edited by Feradose
wanted to fit in one glorious mod

ATM, B9, Collision FX, Camera tools, Custom Asteroids, DMagic orbital science, Distant object enhancement, EVE (+ configs, my favourite is AV pack Interstellar - I use slightly modified version by me :D ), Chatterer, Rasterprop monitor, KAS, Kerbal construction time, KJR, KW, Infernal robotics, Mechjeb, something from Near future stuff, HotRockets, Docking alignment indicator, Planetshine, Procedural wings, Procedural fairings, RealChute, Scansat, Stage recovery, Tac fuel balancer, Tac life support, Kerbal alarm clock, Tweakscale, MKS/OKS, Universal Storage, Vessel view, VNG parachute systems and KSP Interstellar

Edited by Thomassino

Well, seeing as I typically go from stockalike to realistic to futuristic depending on my mood, I'll just list the common denominators.

EVE

Texture Replacer (EVE and TR using my personal kitbash of KSPRC and Astronaut's Interstellar)

Dmagic

KIS/KAS

VOID

Near Future Solar

RPM

Kerbal Alarm Clock

TweakScale

Tweakable Everything

Parts from KW Rocketry (Namely the fairings and the ullage motors)

Collision FX

ScanSAT

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement

RealChute

Toolbar

I go for as many realism enhancing mods as I can possibly install before KSP just dies. That is, Real Solar System, Realism Overhaul, RSS Visual Enhancements, all manner of realistic engines available (KW, soviet engines, CMES, KOCMOC), TAC LS, Remotetech, Deadly Reentry, FASA, procedural parts, FAR, Mechjeb (provides more and more accurate info than KER), engine igniter, RPM + VV, and any other well known realism-enhancing mod out there.

KIS/KAS, Kerbal Alarm Clock, KW Rocketry, Kerbal Joint Reinforcement, and Infernal Robotics. I hope some of these become stock one day. :D

EDIT: Oh, can't forget Extraplanetary Launchpads!

Edited by yorshee

Thanks for the feedback!

I go for as many realism enhancing mods as I can possibly install before KSP just dies. That is, Real Solar System, Realism Overhaul, RSS Visual Enhancements, all manner of realistic engines available (KW, soviet engines, CMES, KOCMOC), TAC LS, Remotetech, Deadly Reentry, FASA, procedural parts, FAR, Mechjeb (provides more and more accurate info than KER), engine igniter, RPM + VV, and any other well known realism-enhancing mod out there.

I think I'll try some of this. Specially the physics ones...

I am thinking of trying life support too, but I'm afraid that it makes the game impractical due to mission times.

My nerdy friends... Is there anything better to do on an austral cold and cloudly saturday afternoon than trying new KSP mods??? OK... don't answer that....

Salut

Zeke

CKAN, Module Manager then Stock Bug Fix Modules (this is a must)

Tools and Parts, KER, MechJeb 2, KAX, Thrust Controlled Avionics

Visual, EVE and Astronomers Pack for Eve - tried scatterer but it does weird things on OpenGL Linux.

Once they're all released, here are the mods I hope to use in my fully modded install:

Achievements*

Active Texture Management

Alcubierre Warp Drive

Asteroid Recycling Technologies

Banana for Scale*

Coherent Contracts*

Color Coded Canisters

Community Tech Tree

Cryogenic Engines

DMagic Orbital Science

Docking Port Alignment Indicator*

Enhanced Navball*

Filter Extentions

Freight Transport Technologies

Fuel Tanks Plus

Improved Chase Camera*

Karbonite

Karbonite Plus

Kerbal Alarm Clock*

Kerbal Attachment System

Kerbal Inventory System

Mk4 Spaceplane System

Modular Rocket Systems

Module Manager*

Near Future Construction

Near Future Electrical

Near Future Propulsion

Near Future Solar

Near Future Spacecraft Parts

RealChute

SCANsat

Sounding Rockets

SpaceY Heavy Lifters

Station Science

Stockalike Station Parts

Stock BugFix Modules*

Stock Plus*

Taurus HCV

Toolbar*

Transfer Window Planner*

USI Exploration Pack

USI Kolonisation Systems

USI Life Support

USI Survivability Pack

VOID*

Waypoint Manager*

I'll also have some Module Manager configs to improve the interactivity between some of these mods.

Mods marked with an asterisk are the ones I'm currently using in what I like to call my stock-ish install, in which I only use informational/utility mods (plus the Banana). (My pattern of what mods I use when a new version of KSP is released is as follows: completely stock while I get used to the new features of the release, then stock-ish once all my utility mods of choice are available, then fully modded once all the parts packs I want to use are all available.)

BD Armory, KerbinSide, Destruction FX, and Burn Together. That's not really my complete game, but it's my main install, since I'm in a BDA-based company. BurnTogether for activating a lot of craft at once, and KerbinSide because it's nice to be able to stage battles somewhere other than directly over the KSC. Used to have Scatterer but it pooped out in space and, for some reason, turned the loading thing, the G-force arrow, the altimeter, the stage indicator, and the Recover Vessel and Space Center buttons into blocks of bright purple.

NearFuture Solar and Electrical, Kerbal Alarm Clock, Outer Planets Mod, TweakScale, Kerbal Engineer Redux, ScanSat, BahaSP (The mod with the critter crawler), Station Parts Expansion, Better Time Warp, Hyperedit, KerbinSide, BetterTimeWarp, DMagic.

I think I listed all the mods I use.

Must-have, "should be stock" mods:

Kerbal Engineer

KIS/KAS

Kerbal Alarm Clock

Waypoint Manager

Almost "have to have" mods:

MechJeb

Action Group Manager

Kerbal Flight Data

SCANSat

Ambient Light Adjustment

Fun mods that enhance the game for me:

Final Frontier

Pretty much the entire Umbra Space Industries catalog but specifically, MKS/OKS, WarpDrive, Survivability and Explorer packs.

TAC-LS tho I might switch to USI's life support

Infernal Robotics

DMagic Orbital Science

Universal Storage

Most Semi-Real-But-Still-Fun-To-Play Install

-Near Future-

Electrical

Construction

Propulsion

Spacecraft

Solar

-Remote Tech-

-TAC LS-

-TAC Fuel Balancer-

-KSPRC-

Endraxials Planet Textures

-USI MKS/OKS-

-KW Rocketry-

-HGR-

-Kerbal Engineer Redux-

-KAS/KIS-

-FAR-

-Deadly Reentry-

-HotRockets-

-RasterPropMonitor-

-DMagic Orbital Science-

-US TAC/DMOS-

-CrowdSourcedScienceBlurbs-

-Atomic Age-

-Porkjets Habs-

-[X]Science!-

-Ven's Stock Revamp-

-Chatterer-

-Toolbar-

-NavyFish's Docking Indicator-

-KJR-

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.