Is this normal or a glitch

At first I was like 'well, dem wings are heavy' but the CoM stays after removing the wings? That I didn't experience before myself. Might be one of your mods?

The pictures are actually in reverse order. The third picture shows where the center of mass normally is.

Also adding mass shifts the center of lift towards the mass. Is this a FAR thing?

Edited by OddFunction

The COM moving is probably just because wings are fairly heavy, but the COL not moving back with the wing in the rear position doesn't look right. I've seen similar COL shenanigans with FAR recently, If you can produce a decent bug report it might be worth taking it over to the FAR thread.

What do the debug voxels look like? It should be fairly obvious if FAR is mis-voxelising parts (and hence putting the COL/COP in the wrong place)

That said, Ferram has threatened to remove that "confusing" COL marker altogether on several occasions... The real test is: If you build a plane, does it fly as expected?

Ed: Ahh, too slow I am.

Edited by steve_v

The COM moving is probably just because wings are fairly heavy, but the COL not moving back with the wing in the rear position doesn't look right. I've seen similar COL shenanigans with FAR recently, If you can produce a decent bug report it might be worth taking it over to the FAR thread.

That said, Ferram has threatened to remove that marker altogether on several occasions... The real test is: If you build a plane, does it fly as expected?

Ed: Ahh, too slow I am.

I'll try building without it, I'm just absolutely trash at building good planes, so I was trying to use the indicators as a guide.

Oh well.

I heard FAR just disabled the stock CoL because it doesn't mean anything - I'm not using FAR, though.

Well thats much better than it being a glitch.

I've been screwing around with a little jet and delta wings and it seems to fly alright. Just gotta ignore COL from now on I suppose.

I have been seeing some odd shifts in the markers when moving wing parts. It's not consistent enough for me to make sense out of it, nor figure if it's a bug or a display issue or what.

Here's one I got pics of. I'm really not great with planes, but it seems like this move of airfoil parts should not result in that shift in markers.

GLpIKvG.png

KDZLWdU.png

Edited by Vanamonde

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.