OX-STAT causing physics freakout

Does anyone know what mods might be turning on the physics for the OX-STAT panels? I thought it should be physicsless, but adding any to my rocket makes it freak out after staging the SRBs. Witness: (1:30)

If I just remove the OX-STAT, the whole thing flies great. Doesn't matter where they are attached or how many, a single panel anywhere and after the second stage it flips around and insists on going backwards.

I may have too many mods for this to be fixable. The main ones:

Active Texture management

EVE

DMagic orbital science

FAR

KCT

KJR

KW Rocketry

MechJeb

Procedural Fairings/Parts

RealCute

SCAN sat

TAC lifesupport

Tweakable Everything

Tweakscale

Plus a bunch more minor things.

Even worse, I have deleted a lot of parts from the mods and have deleted all of the fuel tanks from the Squad folder, so it's a molested-modded-install.

So yeah, any thoughts are welcome, though I don't have high hopes...

Edited by ShakeNBake
Fixed :)

TweakableEverything 1.11 had a problem with the OX-STAT unhinging reality, maybe you should update that (the latest is 1.11.5). But without an output log from you, no-one can know for definite.

Also, 1.0 physicsless parts transfer their drag and mass to their parent part. They are physicsless still, but physicslessness is handled differently in 1.0. So, no. EDIT: I see you're using FAR - in that case, drag is applied to the solar panel as the voxels see it, but the mass is transferred to its parent. No, this isn't fixable and no, this isn't the cause of your problem.

Also, why does your pod have winglets?

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

"Unhinging reality" indeed. It was as though the CoM was suddenly about 10m behind the rocket...

And now I feel like an idiot. I didn't bother to check for updated mods since I just put this together last week. You guys are really on top of things here. Sorry about the waste of a thread.

In the final version, the panels will be offset in so they're just barely exposed. Hopefully FAR will barely even notice them. The winglets are because my REV is quite long with the Mat bay and the service bay being recovered, and I was having a hell of a time keeping it butt-first. It's only 66kg for the 3 of them, out of a 1763kg REV, so it's not a huge loss. 50% scale is still quite excessive, but 10% is insufficient. And now I have enough lift and control that I can just aim for 40km from anywhere up to SOI boundary and just glide along with a 0 vertical velocity bleeding off speed ad infinitum.

Thanks a ton. Love your sig, that's my policy as well...

No worries, glad I could help. Certainly not a waste of a thread, you had a support question and tbh, it's a pretty niche bug that not many people are likely to know about. I only encountered it once where my skycrane would be flung off the launchpad like a catapult.. funny, but annoying.

Is there a specific reason you're recovering those parts? Because you can take science out of experiments and store them in the pod, that'd cut down a big amount of height, probably enough for you to not need the winglets.

And thanks, I made the right hand side, katateochi made the left :)

Oh, and don't forget to mark this thread as Solved - go to edit your OP and there should be an option to change the flair. Might need to go advanced.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.