Aero display : light blue lines

When Aero diplay is toggled :

- Dark blue : lift force

- Red : drag force

- Yellow : lift from control surfaces

- light blue : ?

What those light blue lines stand for ? They only appear on heavy turn

da9729ff-323a-46ed-9635-f8b093dc45fa.jpg

Further more on my plane, I have this light blue line on the right side only. I don't understand where it come from as my plane is symmetric.

dbb4f356-11d2-4d64-bb5f-ada3725d4525.jpg

(click to enlarge)

Edited by Warzouz

I believe light blue is body lift. E.g. lift generated by structural pieces instead of wings.

All light blue lines in the first image are pretty much symmetrical. In the second there is a very tiny line on the right hand side probably caused by side-slip and your high angle of attack.

I do'nt think so. Look at the picture, each MK2 part has a deep blue line which is lift.

I think it's related to air intakes. Those light blue lines seems to go from the intakes to the front of the plane.

Tex_NL is correct. The light blue lines are from body lift. You are getting lines off the FL-T800s as well as the intakes. The intakes are producing body lift because of the way occlusion works

Also, I think that your second picture is also as Tex says, and it turns out the left side line simply isn't long enough to come out of the tank. The base of the line actually starts inside the parts (at the origin).

Cheers,

-Claw

But why those lines goes to the front of the ship ?

They do not. It only looks like they're pointing to the front due to your viewing angle. Next launch try looking to your ship from the side and you'll notice they are pointing up.

They seems orthogonal to the drag

a09c9bf3-33ea-4123-830e-b016f2188df1.jpg

Why aren't in the same orientation as the regular lift ? and why does that only appear on harsh maneuvers ? (I noticed it when I botched an AoA change.

EDIT :

and I don't understant why the indicator only shows on the right side of my plane :/

3c63ae5e-b5e3-409e-85f8-83816a722501.jpg

Edited by Warzouz

I'm no aerodynamics expert, but shouldn't body lift also be perpendicular to the part, just like the lift vector is perpendicular to the wings?

Not if the induced drag component is included in the red drag vector. Yes otherwise.

Drag seems to be always independant. Look at the right booster, during the hard pitch up maneuver : the drag increase is significant and comes from the tank. which seems to create alos a light blue line which is orthgonal to the tank drag.

Anyway, this blue line aren't that a problem because they are rarely visible : you don't want to pitch like that with a space plane becaus you loose a lot of speed.

If you put your hand out your window while driving, you will feel the same force that it is showing. As you angle your hand more in the airflow, you feel more and more force trying to raise or lower your hand depending on the angle presented. You also feel the drag increase along with it as your hand is pushed back.

If you put your head out the window, you won't experience nearly as much lift due to shape of your head. You will however, experience a strong desire to hang your tongue out and bark at the other motorists.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.