[DOWNLOAD] deHavilland DH.100 Vampire FB.5

DOWNLOAD BOTTOM OF THIS POST

I feel like there isn't enough oldie replicas about, and hardly any British aircraft. Therefore, I've decided the best thing to do is start making my own replicas again, starting from the earliest jets. I've seen a few meteors, but never have I seen any deHavillands.

And so it is my pleasure to present to you the deHavilland DH.100 Vampire FB.5!!!

HI72lDE.png

DSpwPct.png

CdC0xdu.png

t74dvhS.png

53YQ9f1.png

CIKGC5e.png

0MD834e.png

NFmXR9c.png

pN6LwAZ.png

hGJvNg4.png

Javascript is disabled. View full album

-->DOWNLOAD HERE!<--

Edited by Shaun
Download Available

I don't know about you but I don't think this is a WIP craft, I think it's a full fledged amazing plane.

Why thank you! It's a WIP because it has major drag issues! As a result, it has 3 engines clipped into each-other to get it close to the max speed of the real aircraft. Also, I'm assigning action groups :)

Thanks Kerbonauts!

She looks gorgeous, just like the real thing. I imagine with the wing area she's fairly responsive too, although I'm guessing that taking off is a gentle process. :wink:

Oh she doesn't need much to get off the ground, in-fact she takes off by herself :) Landing speed is between 30 and 40 m/s. Any higher and it's a nosewheel landing haha! The flaps were the problem; they wanted to make the aircraft pitch down, so to counteract I added flaps to the elevator, only now if you use the flaps higher than 70m/s, well you're not landing any time soon...

Well, it looks very much like the Vampire, but with tanks on the wings. Very similar to...

The DeHavilland Venom!

Correct sir! More precisely the Sea Venom with the elongated nose and tail hook housed above the engine :)

Is the Sea Venom going to be capable of landing on aircraft carriers or short runways?

It's early in testing, but has a slightly higher landing speed than the Vampire due to swept wings, less wing area etc. Nonetheless, it has more power and takes of very quick. The tailhook does work, but you need a speed low enough for it to touch the ground. Edit: I've also upped the brake torque from 5 to 8 on the Venom so it stops quick :)

Progress update: Updated position of nose-wheel, flaps fixed using hidden control surface; flaps no longer pull nose up vertical over 50m/s. Off to bed now; I should have a download available tomorrow :)

Here's a list of future projects. Comment if there's anything you want to see done;

DH Vampire

DH Sea Venom

Hawker Seahawk

Supermarine Attacker

DH Sea Vixen

Edit: English Electric Canberra

Gloster Javelin

Supermarine Swift

Hawker Hunter

DH Swallow

Fairey Delta 2.

Edited by Shaun

British only for now. There's so many American and Russian replicas everywhere!

Darn. I have yet to see a good replica of the Panther or the Cougar.

Well, the Electric Canberra sounds like a cool plane, and an American plane was developed from it (I think the B-76?).

darn. I have yet to see a good replica of the panther or the cougar.

Well, the electric canberra sounds like a cool plane, and an american plane was developed from it (i think the b-76?).

b-57 :)

That's it, the Martin B-57

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ef/Martin_B-57A_USAF_52-1418.jpg

Well, the Electric Canberra and the Martin one are quite similar, it seems. It will be cool to see. :)

Same plane, except Martin licence built the aircraft. The changed the RR Avons in place of P&Ws I think. Also the cockpit is different.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.