[1.10.1+] Contract Pack: Field Research [v1.2.2] [2020-09-20]

nightingale

12 minutes ago, Kelvin090 said:

Sry but thats not the reason. Have check it.

If you splash down in the water, the part of the order is coplete. If you splash down on Grasland, the part "splash down" ist complete. You can´t compleshed this mission. 

Screenshots and a save file please.

23 hours ago, Kelvin090 said:
4 hours ago, monksu said:

4 hours ago, monksu said:

Hello!

I have a similar problem as Kelvin090 has: You simply can't be landed in Kerbin's Water. It's always splashed down. Even with a floating rover. :)13051633_10153839067719457_4005460027825

You can - the contract even gives you three possible locations via waypoints.

4 hours ago, nightingale said:

You can - the contract even gives you three possible locations via waypoints.

Oh. I see them now as opened the waypoint manager. :) I'd like to suggest that the contract would list those locations as many other science contracts do.

A quick question that may perhaps sound odd, but has relevance for my next planned career run...

If there is a location which yields 0 science on experiments performed there, but no science experiments have actually been performed at that location yet, will there be contracts generated to go do science there?

Reasoning: I plan for Kerbin's surface to have a zeroed out science multiplier. It never made sense to me to grind science at KSC, or do studies as a space program that Kerbalkind should have been doing for decades before flight ever became a thing for them. But I'm not sure how Field Research would react if I installed it in that situation. Sadly, KSP 1.1 has this unfortunate contract weight mechanic, where if I reject or ignore a lot of Kerbin surface science contracts, I migtht never see the later contracts from your mod pop up.

10 hours ago, Streetwind said:

A quick question that may perhaps sound odd, but has relevance for my next planned career run...

If there is a location which yields 0 science on experiments performed there, but no science experiments have actually been performed at that location yet, will there be contracts generated to go do science there?

Reasoning: I plan for Kerbin's surface to have a zeroed out science multiplier. It never made sense to me to grind science at KSC, or do studies as a space program that Kerbalkind should have been doing for decades before flight ever became a thing for them. But I'm not sure how Field Research would react if I installed it in that situation. Sadly, KSP 1.1 has this unfortunate contract weight mechanic, where if I reject or ignore a lot of Kerbin surface science contracts, I migtht never see the later contracts from your mod pop up.

All of them should be keyed to need a certain minimum amount of remaining science to offer an experiment.  So if you set modifiers to zero it out, it should prevent those contracts from showing up for that particular body/situation/experiment.

Also, rejecting contracts has no affect on the likelihood of future contracts showing up for Contract Configurator.  I may implement a stockalike functionality for this at a later time, but for the moment it just like it was in 1.0.x for Contract Configurator based contracts.

On 6/3/2015 at 11:14 PM, nightingale said:

KSP's gibberish text generator has trained you away from reading the contract flavor text - read the text in the screen shot you posted and it will make more sense.

I was going to post this as a bug but I knew it couldn't be with your mod, nightingale, so I searched the topic and voila. :)

Note to self: Don't TL;DR so much.

Is there a way to exclude certain experiment types from showing up in certain or all contracts, maybe by using Module Manager? For example, I'd like DMagic's bathymetry experiment to not show up in the HardScience contract where you have to 'gather rare science results from @biome'. I was thinking maybe I can edit the HardScience.cfg, but after looking through it a couple of times, I realized, this is beyond me.

I also tried to get rid of the experiment by deleting the bathymetry part and the experiment_definition entry from DMagic's ScienceDefs.cfg but the contract with that particular experiment keeps showing up and I really don't wanna deploy a submarine at Kerbin's ice caps. And it's always the damn ice caps :huh:

@Honeybadga - you need to change GameData/ContractConfigurator/science/DMagicOrbitalScience.cfg.  The module manager config would look something like this:

@CC_EXPERIMENT_DEFINITIONS[DMagicOrbitalScience]
{
    @EXPERIMENT[dmbathymetryscan]
    {
        ignored = true
    }
}

And it's always the ice caps because the RNG is programmed to be evil. :0.0:

I don't know if my problem is due to Field Research or Dmagic, i'll try to post here before. I can't complete a contract named "Field Research: Sigint scan experiments on the moon". I'm in low orbit above Mun's highland but when trasmit experiment the contract event doesn't triggers. Maybe i've forgot something or i don't know how use this "oversized signals intelligence satellite". Can you help me?

This is a screen of my situation.

Ok, deleted my comment. I thought this picture was asking for a BioDrill scan,

But Pathfinder also has a core sample experiment, that confused me. Found it out only by inspecting the CONTRACTS node in my savegame. @Angel-125, maybe you should include a patch which disallows this experiment in contracts? And the Gold Digger Drill is not in the science category. (patches 4 posts above)

dWuNtU6.jpg

Edited by Enceos

6 hours ago, Enceos said:

Ok, deleted my comment. I thought this picture was asking for a BioDrill scan,

But Pathfinder also has a core sample experiment, that confused me. Found it out only by inspecting the CONTRACTS node in my savegame. @Angel-125, maybe you should include a patch which disallows this experiment in contracts? And the Gold Digger Drill is not in the science category. (patches 4 posts above)

dWuNtU6.jpg

I don't use Contract Configurator and wouldn't know where to begin to have it exclude the Gold Digger and its core sample experiment. If you can show me how to do that I'll be happy to. :)

45 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

I don't use Contract Configurator and wouldn't know where to begin to have it exclude the Gold Digger and its core sample experiment. If you can show me how to do that I'll be happy to. :)

A simple MM_ContractConfigurator.cfg file in your patches folder with the following code should do the trick:

CC_EXPERIMENT_DEFINITIONS
{
    name = WBIPathfinder

EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBICoreSampleAnalysis
        ignored = true
    }

EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBIBiomeAnalysis
        ignored = true
    }
}

2 minutes ago, Enceos said:

A simple MM_ContractConfigurator.cfg file in your patches folder with the following code should do the trick:

<snip>

Thanks! :) I'll have that for the next release of Pathfinder and credit you for the fix. Thanks again. :)

On 5/4/2016 at 2:56 PM, Honeybadga said:

Uhm, so I edited DMagicOrbitalScience.cfg like so:

EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = dmbathymetryscan
        ignored = true
    }

I also added the MM.cfg that you've suggested but in both cases this bad boy keeps showing up :(

What am I missing?

Sorry, forgot to respond on this one.  Most likely it was a cached contract that came up.  If you cancel a bunch of contracts does it keep coming up still?

On 5/4/2016 at 5:28 PM, Cpt13 said:

I don't know if my problem is due to Field Research or Dmagic, i'll try to post here before. I can't complete a contract named "Field Research: Sigint scan experiments on the moon". I'm in low orbit above Mun's highland but when trasmit experiment the contract event doesn't triggers. Maybe i've forgot something or i don't know how use this "oversized signals intelligence satellite". Can you help me?

This is a screen of my situation.

@DMagic - I don't know anything about this SIGINT scan.  I'm assuming it does something special with biomes, since "Northern Hemisphere" isn't a real KSP biome.  That about right?

If so, I'll just disable those experiments from showing up for Field Research.  Or if you like I can send you the config I have for Contract Configurator / DMOS and you can put it in your mod (although that would mean that I need to properly document the structure in the wiki).  Thoughts?

11 minutes ago, nightingale said:

Sorry, forgot to respond on this one.  Most likely it was a cached contract that came up.  If you cancel a bunch of contracts does it keep coming up still?

Nope, haven't seen it in a while. Also, it's the first time I hear about a cached contract mechanic. But now that you mention it, it was always this exact contract (same experiments and rewards) that kept showing up until it didn't.

When a contract is cached, does it mean there is an increased likelihood for it to show up the next time there is a free contract slot?

Edited by Honeybadga

2 minutes ago, Honeybadga said:

Nope, haven't seen it in a while. Also, it's the first time I hear about a cached contract mechanic. But now that you mention it, it was always this exact contract (same experiments and rewards) that kept showing up until it didn't.

When a contract is cached, does it mean there is an increased likelihood for it to show up the next time there is a free contract slot?

There's a contract pre-loader in Contract Configurator for performance reasons (so it can generate contracts over multiple frames, rather than having to execute all the expensive expressions immediately when the contract system asks us to generate a contract).  The cache is persistent, so it could be generated before you made the change, and then just sat in there for a bit.  I'm going to be doing some work in that area soon to improve the expiry mechanism.

2 minutes ago, nightingale said:

There's a contract pre-loader in Contract Configurator for performance reasons (so it can generate contracts over multiple frames, rather than having to execute all the expensive expressions immediately when the contract system asks us to generate a contract).  The cache is persistent, so it could be generated before you made the change, and then just sat in there for a bit.  I'm going to be doing some work in that area soon to improve the expiry mechanism.

Wow, interesting. Does Contract Configurator override stock contract generating mechanics like the weighted contracts thing?

2 minutes ago, Honeybadga said:

Wow, interesting. Does Contract Configurator override stock contract generating mechanics like the weighted contracts thing?

The way the stock weighting system works is based on the class of the contract, and there's only one contract class in Contract Configurator (which is how it can allow a contract author to not have to write any code).  So it's turned off for Contract Configurator contracts.  Right now it still fits in with the stock generating mechanics, but in a very awkward way.

6 minutes ago, nightingale said:

The way the stock weighting system works is based on the class of the contract, and there's only one contract class in Contract Configurator (which is how it can allow a contract author to not have to write any code).  So it's turned off for Contract Configurator contracts.  Right now it still fits in with the stock generating mechanics, but in a very awkward way.

Thanks for the insight. Btw, I find it admirable that you manage to keep contributing to the KSP community so much since I know what it means to be on crack-cocaine aka Factorio :P

@nightingale What does the config consist of?

The SIGINT scan and the two spy telescopes use only two biomes, northern and southern hemisphere (too much science and too many science results for full biomes :P), and they work as InSpaceLow from 5X the normal altitude.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.