[1.10.1+] Contract Pack: Field Research [v1.2.2] [2020-09-20]

nightingale

I'm having issues with the Field Research not populating at all. All the requirements state Required Tech: Unmet for everything, but I have loads of science modules available.... I remember a year ago you could run tons of different stuff for temp, baramters, etc....

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/10/2020 at 10:44 PM, Aelfhe1m said:

Create a new ModuleManager patch file containing the following:

CC_EXPERIMENT_DEFINITIONS
{
	name = SSPX
	EXPERIMENT
	{
		name = sspxFishStudy
		ignored = true
	}
	EXPERIMENT
	{
		name = sspxPlantGrowth
		ignored = true
	}
	EXPERIMENT
	{
		name = sspxVisualObservation
		ignored = true
	}
}

That will cause Field Research to ignore the three experiments introduced by SSPX when generating contracts.

Can I do the opposite? How can I create a patch so that every part that can hold crew has the observation experiment?

57 minutes ago, adriangm44 said:

How can I create a patch so that every part that can hold crew has the observation experiment?

I modified a few parts to do the job with this patch. The example is a single cockpit from Airplane Plus;

@PART[oh6cockpit]:Needs[AirplanePlus]
{
    MODULE,0
	{
		name = ModuleScienceExperiment
		experimentID = sspxVisualObservation
		experimentActionName = #LOC_SSPX_Science_VisualScan_Action_Name
		resetActionName = #LOC_SSPX_Science_VisualScan_Action_Reset
		reviewActionName = #LOC_SSPX_Science_VisualScan_Action_Review
		useStaging = False
		useActionGroups = True
		hideUIwhenUnavailable = True
		rerunnable = True
		usageReqMaskInternal = 5
		usageReqMaskExternal = -1
		xmitDataScalar = 1.0
	}
}

1 hour ago, Caerfinon said:

I modified a few parts to do the job with this patch. The example is a single cockpit from Airplane Plus;

@PART[oh6cockpit]:Needs[AirplanePlus]
{
    MODULE,0
	{
		name = ModuleScienceExperiment
		experimentID = sspxVisualObservation
		experimentActionName = #LOC_SSPX_Science_VisualScan_Action_Name
		resetActionName = #LOC_SSPX_Science_VisualScan_Action_Reset
		reviewActionName = #LOC_SSPX_Science_VisualScan_Action_Review
		useStaging = False
		useActionGroups = True
		hideUIwhenUnavailable = True
		rerunnable = True
		usageReqMaskInternal = 5
		usageReqMaskExternal = -1
		xmitDataScalar = 1.0
	}
}

Cool thanks! But what do I write inside the PART and Needs brackets instead?

1 hour ago, adriangm44 said:

Cool thanks! But what do I write inside the PART and Needs brackets instead?

There's a way to check for all crewable pods and add the experiment if it doesn't already exist. I'll have to refresh my MM-fu and see if I can remember the syntax.

Edited by Beetlecat

• 4 weeks later...

Hello nightingale! Long time user first time poster. I was curious if you could give me a bit of advice. I don’t have any logs because I’m at work right now. My problem lays with the image for the agent in the contracts at KCP. Particularly the field research one. It’s just a white box, but I can still take on contacts so functionality is still there. This is just purely an aesthetic thing.  I tried going in it and re-uploading the photo from the main page with the black background by cropping it, resizing, and then changing the file name as I saw on the CFG file that it had a logo URL and I put it in that folder but the box where the agent logo is at is still all white. Did I do this wrong or is there some other method of fixing this?  If I can do it myself I will. The only thing I can think I did wrong was the file I resized was the original so I didn’t have a large image and then a resized, smaller one. I’ll have to attempt that tonight but if that’s not the case, then what would you suggest? Thank you for your time and help. Also, love your contracts! They make the game so much more interesting!!

• 5 months later...

Just want to share that I am using this mod now, with GPP aswell, in 1.12.

Seems to be working fine.
Suggest considering updating it in CKAN to reflect this, as it only states to be comp with 1.10.9.

1 minute ago, EasyAce said:

Just want to share that I am using this mod now, with GPP aswell, in 1.12.

Seems to be working fine.
Suggest considering updating it in CKAN to reflect this, as it only states to be comp with 1.10.9.

Oh, this was posted wrong. Forget it. Wasn't able to delete the post.

• 6 months later...

Hi!

I use this mod:  Kerbalow 

My problem is that there are tasks in it to test DDS, etc, on the surface.

I dont want  turn off this science, just I want it to only give me contracts that are in space. No in the surface, landing. 

Edited by akyyy

1 hour ago, akyyy said:

Hi!

I use this mod:  Kerbalow 

My problem is that there are tasks in it to test DDS, etc, on the surface.

I dont want  turn off this science, just I want it to only give me contracts that are in space. No in the surface, landing. 

Which situations an experiment can be run in, is defined on the side of the parts pack (experiment definitions file).

If you want to adjust any contracts to give only certain situations, you have to manually edit the contract files yourself to limit the situations it will generate. Refer to the Contract configurator wiki for how-to.

59 minutes ago, akyyy said:

Hi!

I'm use this mod  Kerbalow and allways DIDS, DDS etc conctract in kerbin surface, landing, etc. How ignored this object? 

To get Contract Configurator to ignore some science experiments when generating contracts you need to add a ModuleManager patch like the one below:

Spoiler
CC_EXPERIMENT_DEFINITIONS:NEEDS[Kerbalow]
{
	name = Kerbalow
	EXPERIMENT
	{
		name = KA330goo // KIT Orbital Goo Experiment
		// list of allowed/disabllowed situations
		// options are:
		//    ignored = true                   // ignore completely
		//    requireEVA = true                // Astronaut complex must be upgraded to unlock EVAs
		//    requireSurfaceSample = true      // R&D must be upgraded to unlock surface sample collection
		//    requireAsteroidTracking = true   // Tracking Station must be upgraded to unlock asteroid tracking
		//    requireAtmosphere = true         // Only offered for bodies with an atmosphere
		//    requireNoAtmosphere = true       // Only offered for bodies with an NO atmosphere
		//    requireSurface = true            // Surface science only
		//    requireNoSurface = true          // Non-surface science only
		//    disallowHomeSurface = true       // Not landed/splashed on Kerbin (HomeWorld)
		//    disallowHomeFlying = true        // Not flying in Kerbin (HomeWorld) atmosphere
		//    disallowKSC = true               // ignore the mini-biomes at the KSC
		//    partless = true                  // no part requirements
		//    part = ["part1", "part2"]        // requires one of the parts from the list
		//    partModule = "ModuleName"        // requires a part with the named module
		//    sunOnly = true                   // only in interplanetary space
	}
	EXPERIMENT
	{
		name = DIDS
        // example
		disallowHomeSurface = true // don't offer on Kerbin
		disallowHomeFlying = true  // or flying around Kerbin
	}
	EXPERIMENT
	{
		name = DDS
		disallowHomeSurface = true
		disallowHomeFlying = true
	}
	EXPERIMENT
	{
		name = WTS
	}
	EXPERIMENT
	{
		name = REM
	}
}

I have a problem where I have two contracts for Moho Biomes (Highlands/Canyon) that say recover or transmit Moho Stone and Wrinkle Ridge. For some reason these objectives are not completing despite having done scans of both and transmitting (I tried both in the Biome listed and other biomes, no difference). There are stock contracts that ask for me to complete them and those are working just fine, just not the Field Research items.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have the contract "Perform experiments around KSC" and I can't seem to finish the task where I have to collect science at KSC.

The others tasks had more accurate locations like KSC's Launchpad, but I can't find the location that's just called KSC. I tried different locations at the KSC including the waypoint that is called KSC, but it didn't work.

1 hour ago, mirogon said:

Hi,

I have the contract "Perform experiments around KSC" and I can't seem to finish the task where I have to collect science at KSC.

The others tasks had more accurate locations like KSC's Launchpad, but I can't find the location that's just called KSC. I tried different locations at the KSC including the waypoint that is called KSC, but it didn't work.

Basically anywhere nearby that isn't in one of the mini-biomes will count as KSC biome. Just drive off the side of the runway.  Or there are a few spots between the various hexagons that the main buildings sit on that are at the same level as the building tiles (e.g. the grassy spot between the VAB and Tracking Station - under the word "tracking" in the below image's "Tracking station Dish North" label)

1167px-KSC-Biomes.png

16 minutes ago, Aelfhe1m said:

Basically anywhere nearby that isn't in one of the mini-biomes will count as KSC biome. Just drive off the side of the runway.  Or there are a few spots between the various hexagons that the main buildings sit on that are at the same level as the building tiles (e.g. the grassy spot between the VAB and Tracking Station - under the word "tracking" in the below image's "Tracking station Dish North" label)

1167px-KSC-Biomes.png

Thanks, I figured it out from the wiki after I looked. The Waypoint Manager mod that I have installed shows the KSC point on the runway for some reason which was confusing.

27 minutes ago, mirogon said:

Thanks, I figured it out from the wiki after I looked. The Waypoint Manager mod that I have installed shows the KSC point on the runway for some reason which was confusing.

I think that placement is because it's most useful for landing planes/spaceplanes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.