[1.10.1+] Contract Pack: Field Research [v1.2.2] [2020-09-20]

nightingale

It does support station science, and has for a while! Are you having problems with it?

Well, I was reading this thread and some people have the same problem I have - with the prograde kuarqs or plant growth experiments landed on planets. It there a new fix already? (or have I just missed it?) I'm still getting these kinds of contracts...

Thanks! :)

Well, I was reading this thread and some people have the same problem I have - with the prograde kuarqs or plant growth experiments landed on planets. It there a new fix already? (or have I just missed it?) I'm still getting these kinds of contracts...

Thanks! :)

It's a very old fix (months ago). But keep in mind that it's only on Kerbin that those experiments aren't allowed - you can do them landed on other planets.

It's a very old fix (months ago). But keep in mind that it's only on Kerbin that those experiments aren't allowed - you can do them landed on other planets.

Oh, I see! I thought it was a bug, to do these kinds of experiments from stations landed on planets.

Thanks for clarification and once again, thanks for great mod(s)! :)

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but basically every time I do a "help this scientist collect some data at this waypoint" type of mission, when I recover the craft with the scientist, I get the can't-click-on-the-KSC bug. I read elsewhere that it has to do with kerbals being dead or in the roster (or not) or some such, but... it happens every. single. time. =(

Log if it helps: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59567837/output_logContractsKSCNoclick.txt

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but basically every time I do a "help this scientist collect some data at this waypoint" type of mission, when I recover the craft with the scientist, I get the can't-click-on-the-KSC bug. I read elsewhere that it has to do with kerbals being dead or in the roster (or not) or some such, but... it happens every. single. time. =(

Interesting, this is the first I've heard of this, but your guess as to the cause seems reasonable. Can you provide a log file?

Interesting, this is the first I've heard of this, but your guess as to the cause seems reasonable. Can you provide a log file?

Added one to my post a minute or two after I hit the button. I don't know if it has anything to do with the contract pack itself, strictly speaking, or if it just so happens that this pack has missions that make the problem (from elsewhere) pop up - just to clarify.

Added one to my post a minute or two after I hit the button. I don't know if it has anything to do with the contract pack itself, strictly speaking, or if it just so happens that this pack has missions that make the problem (from elsewhere) pop up - just to clarify.

Hmm.... there's a whole ton of FAR exceptions in there... wonder if that's where the problem lies?

Seem to be having some issues with these contracts (on Mac). Keep getting this error:

ContractConfigurator.ContractType: CONTRACT_TYPE 'FS_Scraps': Error parsing possibleSubjectsTemp1

It's hard to tell, but I don't think contracts are generating properly. HardScience and Experiment seem to be fine, the rest aren't appearing (though they do in a new save, still getting the error). Thought it might be to do with my messing around with ContractRewardModifier, but I took that out and still getting the error. I do have a ton of other mods installed.

Here's my Player.log (seem to have a lot of EVE related exceptions too. I know it's nothing to do with you but happen to know anything about those? :))

Edit: Removed Scraps.cfg for now and the errors have disappeared. Not sure about the contract generation. I do have a lot of contract packs installed which may be fighting for space.

Edited by Rokanov
More information

Seem to be having some issues with these contracts (on Mac). Keep getting this error:

ContractConfigurator.ContractType: CONTRACT_TYPE 'FS_Scraps': Error parsing possibleSubjectsTemp1

It's hard to tell, but I don't think contracts are generating properly. HardScience and Experiment seem to be fine, the rest aren't appearing (though they do in a new save, still getting the error). Thought it might be to do with my messing around with ContractRewardModifier, but I took that out and still getting the error. I do have a ton of other mods installed.

Here's my Player.log (seem to have a lot of EVE related exceptions too. I know it's nothing to do with you but happen to know anything about those? :))

Edit: Removed Scraps.cfg for now and the errors have disappeared. Not sure about the contract generation. I do have a lot of contract packs installed which may be fighting for space.

Ah yes, I actually already fixed that, but forgot that change is unreleased. You can add Scaps.cfg back in - the exception won't actually affect anything (other than not offering the broken contract), and once I release the next version of Contract Configurator it'll start working again.

I see the EVE exceptions (the Cloud stuff, right?) in every other log that someone sends me. It's annoying because the error is so spammy, but doesn't seem to be a real big problem. That's all I know about that. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for this, I've managed to reproduce and it'll be fixed for Contract Configurator 1.6.6.

Maybe it was just good timing, but you get the award for fastest ever bug fix! :D

As a side note I've never seen a KSC contract for the crawlerway, though I haven't had a fully upgraded launch pad with this pack either.

Maybe it was just good timing, but you get the award for fastest ever bug fix! :D

As a side note I've never seen a KSC contract for the crawlerway, though I haven't had a fully upgraded launch pad with this pack either.

Raised [#293] to add Crawlerway back in. I'd filtered down the KSC contracts pretty heavily, because otherwise you just get a bunch of contracts for things like "Northwest R&D Building", which is just obnoxious. But Crawlerway makes sense to leave in.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! I love these science contracts - they really do add a lot of interest and fun.

I've noticed that if one has the Station Science mod installed, the 'biome study' missions start asking for station science experiments too.

And this is a bit of a bummer, because I don't want to slog a 30-ton cyclotron and two big bags of kibbal to Ike. Or do I? Hmmm...

Is this an unexpected mod interaction, or intentional?

Thanks!

Hi! I love these science contracts - they really do add a lot of interest and fun.

I've noticed that if one has the Station Science mod installed, the 'biome study' missions start asking for station science experiments too.

And this is a bit of a bummer, because I don't want to slog a 30-ton cyclotron and two big bags of kibbal to Ike. Or do I? Hmmm...

Is this an unexpected mod interaction, or intentional?

Thanks!

Intentional, although I actually haven't played with station science, so didn't realize that some of the experiments were so intense. Although I'm tempted to do something to change this one, I think I'm going to just leave it. It's really a case of buyer beware here - and you can pick and choose which parts of the contract you want to do and then cancel it at no penalty (although you'll miss out on the full completion bonus).

So I think I will leave this one - but if you get something that's literally impossible (launch clamps on the Mun...), then I will definitely put some sort of fix in.

• 2 weeks later...

Love your contract packs. But it seems, I'm stuck at "take scientist to a specific location". This type of contract repeats again and again. I've already ulocked "Materials Bay", but don't receive contract "materials study on Kerbin". Any thoughts?

Heavily modded game, installed contract-related mods: Contract Configurator, Advanced Progression, Anomaly Surveyor, Field Research, Kerbin Side-Jobs, Remote Tech contracts, Rover Missions, SCAN-contracts, Kerbal Aircraft builders.

Love your contract packs. But it seems, I'm stuck at "take scientist to a specific location". This type of contract repeats again and again. I've already ulocked "Materials Bay", but don't receive contract "materials study on Kerbin". Any thoughts?

Heavily modded game, installed contract-related mods: Contract Configurator, Advanced Progression, Anomaly Surveyor, Field Research, Kerbin Side-Jobs, Remote Tech contracts, Rover Missions, SCAN-contracts, Kerbal Aircraft builders.

Have you escaped Kerbin yet? Those contracts stop being offered for Kerbin once you escape it. Otherwise, you can try going to the debug menu and cancelling all the current contracts to refresh the list - see if doing that a couple times makes one or two show up, as there aren't too many other requirements other than having the experiment in question researched.

I see now. Yes I've already escaped Kerbin unintentionally by sending a Mun Fly-by probe with no Long Range antennae to control it (haven't unlocked them yet). The Mun seemed to slingshot it into the kerbolcentric orbit. I'll try the debug menu, thank you!

The idea was to stop offering the low value Kerbin contracts once the player is reaching out to Duna, Eve, etc. However, I may have to re-think how this is implemented (or if it makes sense at all). So raised [#10] to address this, anyone who has thoughts on the issue please feel free to comment in GitHub.

I refreshed the contract list, cleared all contracts, deleted all spacecraft on the kerbolcentric orbit. Some contracts (Anomaly Surveyer: Pyramid, Airfield) appeared again, but Field Research still offer me "bring scientist". Any chance to unlock them?

I haven't tested this, but easiest workaround for now would be to just add a module manager patch. Put this anywhere in your GameData directory in a file with a .cfg extension:

@CONTRACT_TYPE[FS_Experiment]
{
!prestige
}
@CONTRACT_TYPE[FS_Scraps]
{
!prestige
}

• 2 weeks later...

I want to speak in favor of removing the station science experiments from field research.

1.) Station Science comes with included contracts for the experiments.

2.) The Station Science experiments are even more hefty than you realize, going up to 75t (I think) of mass required to be towed to the target location.

Generally all Field Research Contracts including any Station Science experiment is a direct no go. The payoff offered by your contracts for performing those experiments is at least an order of magnitude below what is required to make them interesting. Getting a pretty high 5 digit payoff to tow at least 15t of mass to the next planet is not even beginning to cover the costs.

Lately it led me to start ignoring my Field Research contracts alltogether as they often include those parts.

So, please take them out and let them be handled by the contracts delivered together with the parts.

Edited by Mermel

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.