[1.10.1+] Contract Pack: Field Research [v1.2.2] [2020-09-20]

nightingale

Looks like you cross posted this all over, so imma gonna sit back and wait for Lord Aurelius and DuoDex to work this out. :)

Yeah sorry to make 3 of the same posts, but I didn't know of a better way for everyone to see it. The funny thing is I originally asked here about the probe thing, and your answer lead me to discover those other things, which ironically, you were the only one who wasn't causing my problem (even though it showed up with your contract pack!). :D Rock on, loving your mod!

I've got a few ideas on things I can do to improve it, so I should be able to get the stuttering down at least a little bit in 1.3.0.

Thanks for looking into this. I'm really enjoying the whole contract pack experience, it's really nice to be able to download a couple of mods and completely tailor the contract game to what I want. Thanks for all you've done so far :)

New release with a couple fixes and improved KSC contracts. Download now!

The next major release of Contract Configurator (1.3.0) will rework the experiment definition stuff and add proper support for Station Science.

ContractPack-FieldResearch 1.0.2

• Fixed so asteroid sample experiments no longer show up (thanks tomf). They may be added as their own contract in future.
  • Limited biomes for KSC contract.

Somewhat of a known issue when generating field research contracts, but raised [#225] to see about addressing it. Part of the problem is the way KSP can generate contracts at any time (and cannot be done in the background), the other part being that some of the queries for getting science stuff are really really nasty. I've got a few ideas on things I can do to improve it, so I should be able to get the stuttering down at least a little bit in 1.3.0.

I can confirm with HarlyKin... this is an issue with my rig as well. I have multiple contract packs, and today I decided to download yours. Outside the VAB, it stuttered every five seconds... uninstalled your pack, and the problem disappeared. I hope you get this resolved because, initially, I really liked what I saw. Thanks for the work.

I'll be looking at the stuttering issue as the next priority... depending on what is required for the fix I may break it out into two parts (a partial fix in Contract Configurator 1.2.6 and reworking the system to do background loading in 1.3.0).

Solutions:

• End Users Like Me: Remove the above mentioned StockScienceProbeTweaks.cfg file from Crowd Sourced Science so it won't show up in contracts. If you already have a contract asking for a Probe Report, you need to cancel it since it can't be completed. Further contracts will then ask for Telemetry Reports instead.

I still don't know what is a telemetry report. Maybe I'm just forgetting some basic stuff but what is a telemetry report?

Don't know if it helps / you are aware, but when I had this, my log was being spammed with "input is null "

Bleh, that's KSP's useless warning message when you try to save a null value in a config node. Everything works fine, it just produces that message with absolutely no context. Can you let me known whereabouts in your log and I'll track down some of them. Note though that other than being log spam it doesn't hurt anything.

Hi all,

I was just offered a contract "Field Research: Biome study of Kerbin's Tundra", it asks me to perform an experiment landed on Kerbin in Tundra. The experiment is ... Eccentric Kuarks!

Contract's prestige: 1 star.

Completion reward: 27069.

The experiments needs ~25000 money and getting 72 tons of equipment to Tundra.

I haven't even reserched Eccentric Kuarks yet!

Hi all,

I was just offered a contract "Field Research: Biome study of Kerbin's Tundra", it asks me to perform an experiment landed on Kerbin in Tundra. The experiment is ... Eccentric Kuarks!

Contract's prestige: 1 star.

Completion reward: 27069.

The experiments needs ~25000 money and getting 72 tons of equipment to Tundra.

I haven't even reserched Eccentric Kuarks yet!

Sorry, Station Science support is still pending... work has just got super busy and I need to take care of the performance concerns before I can go back to adding in support for Station Science. So you're probably looking a week or so before I can get to it.

Not sure if this is a bug but it is annoying: if the pilot in a field research mission exits the craft (say to collect surface samples+eva report) the mission can't be completed without re-taking the scientist to the waypoint. If that's done, it's considered complete the instant the ship gets near the waypoint.

yuo7uGl.jpg?1

Ah, looks like that is the same issue as reported in [#226]. I'll have a look at as soon as time permits.

Note in general though that you'll need to make sure everything in "perform the experiments" is done before leaving the waypoint.

Note in general though that you'll need to make sure everything in "perform the experiments" is done before leaving the waypoint.

I do.

As a side note, this particular contract can't be completed though it's an incompatibility between DMagic science parts. Namely the Bio Drill only works on planets with atmospheres.

nXqDtwv.jpg

Q0aSrwU.jpg

I do.

Then I may have misunderstood how you ended up in that situation. I'll have to do some testing on this one.

As a side note, this particular contract can't be completed though it's an incompatibility between DMagic science parts. Namely the Bio Drill only works on planets with atmospheres.

http://i.imgur.com/nXqDtwv.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Q0aSrwU.jpg

Fixed for 1.2.6. I can't wait until I can get a chance to pull all this into config files so these exceptional cases are easier to handle...

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to nightingale again."

I give reputation as i see it deserved. Guess i +rep'd you in another thread i was reading earlier. Sadly you deserve more but forums wont allow

Then I may have misunderstood how you ended up in that situation. I'll have to do some testing on this one.

1. Land at waypoint with passenger scientist.

2. Perform experiments.

3. (BUG) pilot goes EVA, ship is no longer compliant with contract requiring pilot on board. Pilot does usual EVA things, eva report, surface sample, re-enters ship.

4. Return to Kerbin.

Mission still exists in contracts, and will auto-complete the instant a new ship with a pilot and passenger scientist gets within range of waypoint since the experiments were already done in step 2.

Fixed for 1.2.6. I can't wait until I can get a chance to pull all this into config files so these exceptional cases are easier to handle...

Ah good, because right now I can't do any field research missions, I've tried generating new missions a hundred times, every single field research mission created requires the bio drill being used on Mun/Minmus/Ike now that I've researched it.

Edited by veryinky

Found an other way to break the contracts:

1. Land at waypoint, perform science. Pilot stays on board ship. (Lowlands in this example)

2. Land at an other biome, perform any science. (Highlands in this example)

3. This clears the "complete" portion of the field research contract.

BWdBGFE.jpg?1

InNXXNJ.jpg?1

2ta6fQK.jpg?1

I'm having a problem. I have the "gather science from around the KSC" contract, but no matter where I go, I can't get any science from the Astronaut Complex. It only says KSC in it's hex. Anyone know where the Astronaut Complex biome is?

I'm having a problem. I have the "gather science from around the KSC" contract, but no matter where I go, I can't get any science from the Astronaut Complex. It only says KSC in it's hex. Anyone know where the Astronaut Complex biome is?

I haven't tested that one explicitly, but have you tried walking right up to the building and touching it? What upgrade level is it at (just guessing, but maybe it doesn't work without the level 3 upgrade?).

Also make sure you are using an experiment that uses the KSC biomes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.