[1.10.1+] Contract Pack: Field Research [v1.2.2] [2020-09-20]

nightingale

One thing I wish, that you could tell what is the source of a contract. (Stock, Field Research, MC2, ScanStat, etc...)

The Field Research ones all start with a title of "Field Research: ".

I have 2 contracts right now for "Do a Biome scan of XXXX" (using the M700? the contract does not specify a part)

One is for the Mun and one for Kerbin. I Think they are part of CP:Field Research?

They are either from the SCANsat or SCANsat Lite contract packs.

Here is the problem: The Kerbin contract is working correctly. Its at 50% and going up, but the Mun Contract is stuck at 1% and I dont know why. its orbit is correct (30x95km) and it has batts and solar panels so it has plenty of power. and it already did the Biome experiment.

And Ideas how I can figure out why its not working?

Anyway, wrong thread, but the first thing I'd check is if what's reported on the contract matches what SCANsat reports (if you have the whole thing mapped but it says 1% on the contract, then it's a Contract Configurator issue). If they're in alignment, then it's a SCANsat issue. In that case you'd be best off asking in the SCANsat thread, although the most obvious things to me would be out of power (you said it's not the case), orbital inclination (how polar is it?), and altitude (30 km and 95 km both seem really low to me, but it's been a while since I've personally used it).

The Field Research ones all start with a title of "Field Research: ".

They are either from the SCANsat or SCANsat Lite contract packs.

Anyway, wrong thread, but the first thing I'd check is if what's reported on the contract matches what SCANsat reports (if you have the whole thing mapped but it says 1% on the contract, then it's a Contract Configurator issue). If they're in alignment, then it's a SCANsat issue. In that case you'd be best off asking in the SCANsat thread, although the most obvious things to me would be out of power (you said it's not the case), orbital inclination (how polar is it?), and altitude (30 km and 95 km both seem really low to me, but it's been a while since I've personally used it).

I will have to fire up KSP and check tomorrow, (very late right now) But the M700 wont even operate unless its in a polar orbit. (Pretty sure my inclination is 85-89 degrees) and for the Mun the operating altitude is 25-1000km.

I will try to do a little more checking with ScanSat and see what its reporting, and move this to the ScanSatLite Thread, Or CC.

I will have to fire up KSP and check tomorrow, (very late right now) But the M700 wont even operate unless its in a polar orbit. (Pretty sure my inclination is 85-89 degrees) and for the Mun the operating altitude is 25-1000km.

I will try to do a little more checking with ScanSat and see what its reporting, and move this to the ScanSatLite Thread, Or CC.

Hmmm, unless DMagic has changed something, it sounds like you're using the wrong scanner. You should be using the Multispectral sensor for a biome scan.

Hi, I just installed this and have a contract including a 'Probe Report'.

I don't know what this means, am I being very stupid?

That one has come up quite a few times, but I thought had been resolved (you can check back about 2-3 weeks in this thread). The solution *should* be too update crowd sourced science to the latest version.

Hmmm, unless DMagic has changed something, it sounds like you're using the wrong scanner. You should be using the Multispectral sensor for a biome scan.

Problem found between the Seat and the Keyboard.....

I am using the "Orbital Survey Plus" mod, which modifies the M700 to do Biome overlay maps. (among other things) So when I got the missions I assumed it wanted the M700, Because the contract does not specify a part for the spacecraft. (That's the 3rd time I have had a mission wasted because I sent the wrong part into orbit because the contract did not specify which part it wanted, but DID want a specific part to complete the mission.)

As it turns out the Kerbin Sat does have DMagics Multispectal Imaging platform on it and its running, and the Mun Sat does not have one. So mystery solved.

[On the other hand nothing in the contract indicated which part was needed, not does the part indicate it can used for the Biome Scan Contract]

Thanks for your assistance and pointers to aid my figuring out the problem.

New release, mostly a few minor bug fixes. Download now!

ContractPack-FieldResearch 1.0.6

• Bump rewards up a little bit.
  • Change Scientist contract to require that the player orbits Mun or Minmus before it is offered.
  • Renamed scaled agent icon to .truecolor to prevent erroneous DDS conversions.
  • Fixed issue with asteroid science being requested for HardScience contract.

I'm having a problem with the the mission to help the scientist, everything goes normal, i recover the vessel, but my KSP simply doens't work anymore, i can't enter any building (actually, i can enter the kerbonaut complex ONCE), nothing works anymore, can't save, can't quit the game without alt+f4.

I hope this, or if it's related, The issue of "Science requests for parts not unlocked" is fixed, as...This really has left me with some odd contracts like "Base report" >..but thats -Waaaay- Deeper in the tree then I am right now XD

I'm having a problem with the the mission to help the scientist, everything goes normal, i recover the vessel, but my KSP simply doens't work anymore, i can't enter any building (actually, i can enter the kerbonaut complex ONCE), nothing works anymore, can't save, can't quit the game without alt+f4.

This is pretty typical when an exception occurs, but I'll need to see your KSP.log to be able to actually investigate.

I hope this, or if it's related, The issue of "Science requests for parts not unlocked" is fixed, as...This really has left me with some odd contracts like "Base report" >..but thats -Waaaay- Deeper in the tree then I am right now XD

It's an incompatibility with whatever mod has "Base report" in it. If you let me know what that is, I can add support in the next version of Contract Configurator.

This is pretty typical when an exception occurs, but I'll need to see your KSP.log to be able to actually investigate.

Unfortunately i already uninstalled the mod, btw, i could recover the vessel (after quick save) and everything worked, of course, i did fail the contract, but it worked.

Does the log get kept somewhere? I read it yesterday and the contract was giving me a lot of errors, but i didn't knew where to find it.

I will install the mod and try it again.

Hey:) Im getting some wierd contracts occasionally. For example i have to gather science while splashed down at Kerbin Deserts, and then i will sometimes get a contract to gather science while Landed in Kerban waters. It seems the two are mixed up.

Hey:) Im getting some wierd contracts occasionally. For example i have to gather science while splashed down at Kerbin Deserts, and then i will sometimes get a contract to gather science while Landed in Kerban waters. It seems the two are mixed up.

They're normal, just for unusual biome combinations. For example, there are a bunch of lakes in the desert you can splash down in. They include waypoints to some possible locations.

There are areas of water found within several of Kerbin's biomes. There should be some waypoints in the map pointing you to suitable locations.
They're normal, just for unusual biome combinations. For example, there are a bunch of lakes in the desert you can splash down in. They include waypoints to some possible locations.

Indeed, and the contract text specifically calls out that they are difficult/unusual and provides waypoints for suggested locations.

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately i already uninstalled the mod, btw, i could recover the vessel (after quick save) and everything worked, of course, i did fail the contract, but it worked.

Does the log get kept somewhere? I read it yesterday and the contract was giving me a lot of errors, but i didn't knew where to find it.

I will install the mod and try it again.

Easiest one is in the KSP directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program or close to that if you installed via steam, or under program files for non-steam, and elsewhere for non-windows). That one is KSP.log.

• Bump rewards up a little bit.
  • Change Scientist contract to require that the player orbits Mun or Minmus before it is offered.
  • Renamed scaled agent icon to .truecolor to prevent erroneous DDS conversions.
  • Fixed issue with asteroid science being requested for HardScience contract.

Nice, cheers. I was going to mention that the financial rewards for some of these contracts (particularly on Kerbin) are lower than any possible flight method - as in about 5k to go to 4 biomes... And the asteroid sample thing was a bit awkward :)

As a thought, is there any way to restrict the distance of Kebin contracts (from KSC) according to tech? I only have the basic jet engine, but keep getting asked to go to the poles, or the far side of the planet. That's a bit of a wearisome task at 250m/s, but I'm worried I won't be able to hit the target marker if I try to drop on it with a rocket/capsule...

- - - Updated - - -

That's a good looking contract. What are we talking about here?

I agree, none of mine have ever been worth 60k without taking a scientist along for the ride! *checks funding settings*

As a thought, is there any way to restrict the distance of Kebin contracts (from KSC) according to tech? I only have the basic jet engine, but keep getting asked to go to the poles, or the far side of the planet. That's a bit of a wearisome task at 250m/s, but I'm worried I won't be able to hit the target marker if I try to drop on it with a rocket/capsule...

Raised [#6]. I'll try to do something to make the waypoints contracts more sensitive to tech for distant ones. For the biome ones... those tend to be an easier one to hit on a landing. :)

And for most of these the intent isn't necessarily to be able to pay for the trip - think of it more of a discount if you were already going there, and possibly a push to visit a specific biome instead of just landing anywhere on the Mun. That being said the scientist ones are a bit of an outlier since there's a bigger degree of difficulty... So maybe I'll give those another boost.

Raised [#6]. I'll try to do something to make the waypoints contracts more sensitive to tech for distant ones. For the biome ones... those tend to be an easier one to hit on a landing. :)

And for most of these the intent isn't necessarily to be able to pay for the trip - think of it more of a discount if you were already going there, and possibly a push to visit a specific biome instead of just landing anywhere on the Mun. That being said the scientist ones are a bit of an outlier since there's a bigger degree of difficulty... So maybe I'll give those another boost.

Awesome, thanks. Are the biome ones anywhere in that biome then? There's usually a waypoint marker, I've just kinda been assuming I have to hit it like a stock survey marker...

Awesome, thanks. Are the biome ones anywhere in that biome then? There's usually a waypoint marker, I've just kinda been assuming I have to hit it like a stock survey marker...

The "hard situation" ones (eg. splashed down in mountains) have three waypoint marker as a helpers - but those are only some suggested locations - they can be done anywhere.

The "scientist" contract does need to be done at the waypoint location (these are the only ones that need to be done at the waypoint).

Ohw, right, I see :) On the basis that I may not be the only confused fool in the world, is there any chance of appending "(suggested)" to waypoints that are indeed just suggestions? ^^;

I'll get my scientist to his badlands dig site eventually, but I'm kinda stalling him until I have turbojets. Poor guy's been waiting 6 months so far... xD

Ohw, right, I see :) On the basis that I may not be the only confused fool in the world, is there any chance of appending "(suggested)" to waypoints that are indeed just suggestions? ^^;

I'll get my scientist to his badlands dig site eventually, but I'm kinda stalling him until I have turbojets. Poor guy's been waiting 6 months so far... xD

It's already there in the contract description, but I've updated the waypoint names for the next release.

It's already there in the contract description, but I've updated the waypoint names for the next release.

KSP has sadly trained us out of actually reading the text though. Stupidly, I never thought to look there​ of all places :(

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.