[1.10.1+] Contract Pack: Field Research [v1.2.2] [2020-09-20]

nightingale

• 3 weeks later...

New maintenance release, just some minor fixes here and there.  Download now!

ContractPack-FieldResearch 1.1.3

• Strategia integration.
  • SCANsat support - bodies need a biome scan before Field Research contracts are offered (thanks severedsolo).
  • Rewrote some contracts using the ITERATOR functionality to reduce complexity.
  • Improvements to Scientist contracts.

The near-duplicate contracts are still happening, I got these two while trying to get field research contracts for the Mun to spawn. I double checked the version file in gamedata and yes, I am using 1.1.3

StrategiaCareer_screenshot_2016-01-11--1

Not sure what broke with this one (I declined it)

Edited by smjjames

24 minutes ago, smjjames said:

The near-duplicate contracts are still happening, I got these two while trying to get field research contracts for the Mun to spawn. I double checked the version file in gamedata and yes, I am using 1.1.3

<snip>

Not sure what broke with this one (I declined it)

<snip>

Okay, the contracts without parameters is pretty serious, so new release to fix both those issues (I'd missed a couple contracts for the duplicates).  Download here.

ContractPack-FieldResearch 1.1.4

• Fixed contracts without any parameters (thanks smjjames).
  • Fixed near-duplicate geological and climate contracts (thanks smjjames).

12 hours ago, Spheniscine said:

Bug:

I got a contract to do a seismic scan on the Minmus MidlandsGreater Flats, and Flats.

When I landed in the Greater Flats and did the scan, the contract objective for Flats was also fulfilled.

Cool!  Consider it a bonus until I get #454 figured out. :)

Anybody else having problems with the 'help a scientist perform experiments at location on <planet/moon>'s <biome>' not actually completing?

I've done all the needed steps, even had the scientist do an experiment (EVA report or surface sample) at the site, but it's not completing after I recover at Kerbin. I haven't tried recovering the scientist only instead of the whole ship though to see if that works.

18 minutes ago, smjjames said:

Anybody else having problems with the 'help a scientist perform experiments at location on <planet/moon>'s <biome>' not actually completing?

I've done all the needed steps, even had the scientist do an experiment (EVA report or surface sample) at the site, but it's not completing after I recover at Kerbin. I haven't tried recovering the scientist only instead of the whole ship though to see if that works.

Can you show me a screenshot of the contract window right before recovery?

8 hours ago, nightingale said:

Can you show me a screenshot of the contract window right before recovery?

I'll have to do another one, but sure. Also, I use DMagics contract window+

Edit: SInce I still have the current one that isn't completing, I'll do a screenshot of the current state of that one before I force complete it.

StrategiaCareer_screenshot_2016-01-24--0

Edited by smjjames

1 hour ago, smjjames said:

I'll have to do another one, but sure. Also, I use DMagics contract window+

Edit: SInce I still have the current one that isn't completing, I'll do a screenshot of the current state of that one before I force complete it.

StrategiaCareer_screenshot_2016-01-24--0

The fact that it says any experiment is odd, since it should be for a specific experiment. Also, Hope did you do the recovery (flight, tracking station or other)? 

31 minutes ago, nightingale said:

The fact that it says any experiment is odd, since it should be for a specific experiment. Also, How did you do the recovery (flight, tracking station or other)? 

I did the recovery in-flight after landing (or splashdown in this case).

Requested screenshot of before and after landing (well, the after one wasn't requested, I decided to supply that myself). Back when the scientist was still showing up as tourist, it also said any science experiment and it completed back then.

2 minutes ago, smjjames said:

I did the recovery in-flight after landing (or splashdown in this case).

Requested screenshot of before and after landing (well, the after one wasn't requested, I decided to supply that myself). Back when the scientist was still showing up as tourist, it also said any science experiment and it completed back then.

Ah yup, I broke it. :(

I'd fixed the exploit where you didn't actually need to be at the waypoint to do the experiment.  Problem is my fix only works if you also recover from the waypoint - which is fine because I was testing on Kerbin.  Minmus...  not so much.

I'll release a fix later today.

3 minutes ago, nightingale said:

Ah yup, I broke it. :(

I'd fixed the exploit where you didn't actually need to be at the waypoint to do the experiment.  Problem is my fix only works if you also recover from the waypoint - which is fine because I was testing on Kerbin.  Minmus...  not so much.

I'll release a fix later today.

lol.......

I was able to screw one of contracts and still be able to complete it. One of those that require to bring tourist scientist to the waypoint, do some experiment/research and recover research and scientist at KSC runway.

I didn't readed carefully contract text, so I after I was done with research on required spot, everything was triggered properly on contract, but on the way back I have transmitted data along with some other crew reports/research. I have landed safely on runway and contract have recognized safe recovery of scientist, but contract was not finished. That was point I realized my mistake.

So, insead of loadin older save, I have repeated the same. After landing on desired spot, I did some science experiment and contract was finished imediately, without need to return on KSC runway because it was triggered before in previous trip.

It was not big deal, besides looking odd, I was able to continue game and other contracts shows properly. Don't know if it is possible to "uncheck" condition that scientist is already recoverd to prevent this exploit in future. Sorry, I forot to save output log from those trips.

50 minutes ago, kcs123 said:

I was able to screw one of contracts and still be able to complete it. One of those that require to bring tourist scientist to the waypoint, do some experiment/research and recover research and scientist at KSC runway.

I didn't readed carefully contract text, so I after I was done with research on required spot, everything was triggered properly on contract, but on the way back I have transmitted data along with some other crew reports/research. I have landed safely on runway and contract have recognized safe recovery of scientist, but contract was not finished. That was point I realized my mistake.

So, insead of loadin older save, I have repeated the same. After landing on desired spot, I did some science experiment and contract was finished imediately, without need to return on KSC runway because it was triggered before in previous trip.

It was not big deal, besides looking odd, I was able to continue game and other contracts shows properly. Don't know if it is possible to "uncheck" condition that scientist is already recoverd to prevent this exploit in future. Sorry, I forot to save output log from those trips.

Funny thing is, I fixed this by removing the requirement to recover the science about a week ago, but haven't released the change yet. I'll do that this weekend. 

Found issue with surface sample contract. I got checked surface sample experiment, but parrent contract part is not triggered as solved.
When I landed on runway, contract was not calculated as finished either. Might be confusing if contract require surface sample with some of DMagic device or it must be collected with EVA. Don't know if it is case for encountered issue.

Qg5oqwn.jpg

6 hours ago, kcs123 said:

Found issue with surface sample contract. I got checked surface sample experiment, but parrent contract part is not triggered as solved.
When I landed on runway, contract was not calculated as finished either. Might be confusing if contract require surface sample with some of DMagic device or it must be collected with EVA. Don't know if it is case for encountered issue.

Qg5oqwn.jpg

Seems like a legit Contract Configurator bug.  Raised [#468].

10 hours ago, smjjames said:

Has anybody been able to get the contract to check off the bathymetry data? It's the bathymetry instrument from roverdudes

'Otter' submarine mod. Going to try and get deep water measurements for it though.

I haven't tested it out yet, let me know if there's any compatibility issues that you see.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.