[1.10.1+] Contract Pack: Field Research [v1.2.2] [2020-09-20]

nightingale

for some reason I get contracts asking for a probe report. Thing is, I have no idea how to do a probe report. I have x-science installed and that has no listing for probe report anywhere. Closest thing I can think of is a telemetry report(though no clue what mod gave me those, I think seti tech tree?) that I can do with probe cores, but those dont count for probe report.

for some reason I get contracts asking for a probe report. Thing is, I have no idea how to do a probe report. I have x-science installed and that has no listing for probe report anywhere. Closest thing I can think of is a telemetry report(though no clue what mod gave me those, I think seti tech tree?) that I can do with probe cores, but those dont count for probe report.

Do you have CrowdSourcedScience installed? This has been reported numerous times in this thread, CSS is the source of the probe reports. Basically, it incorrectly added some experiments it shouldn't have. Redownload the updated version and you should be set.

Do you have CrowdSourcedScience installed? This has been reported numerous times in this thread, CSS is the source of the probe reports. Basically, it incorrectly added some experiments it shouldn't have. Redownload the updated version and you should be set.

thanks. Internet is pretty crap where I am currentlhy(and for another 3 weeks) so I was glad to be able to post(took several minutes just to open this page again). Didnt really have the oppertunity to look trough 16 pages sadly. I tihnk I'll just uninstall that mod till I get back home. Thanks again :)

@nightingale For some reason I started getting stock science contracts today... I have latest versions of everything.

http://i.imgur.com/eNb0NSd.png

That's a survey contract - I don't disable those, only the stock science contracts ("Science from space around Kerbin"). I debated whether to disable the survey contracts, but decided that they are different enough from what Field Research provides to still have value - for some people it's more about visiting the locations in those contracts than the actual science.

That's a survey contract - I don't disable those, only the stock science contracts ("Science from space around Kerbin"). I debated whether to disable the survey contracts, but decided that they are different enough from what Field Research provides to still have value - for some people it's more about visiting the locations in those contracts than the actual science.

I see, thank you for clarifying that.

Hey thanks for the mod, its adds much more to the game!

I'm having one issue though.

Radio Astronomy experiments keep popping up and I'm at a total loss how to perform them! I'm not using any science mods, ive got the latest versions of CSS, Contract Config, and Field Research. What am I missing?

Well I am using the M.O.L.E. mod

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/104677-Early-WIP-Mk1-Orbiting-Laboratory-Extensions-%28M-O-L-E-%29?p=1626573&highlight=M.O.L.E.#post1626573

and it adds (from what I can determine) some references to the crowd sourced science file...this could be the issue?

Bing, bing, you've found the culprit. For some strange reason, MOLE appears to include the experiment definition file from the ZZZ-RadioTelescope, but no parts that use it. So my mod assumes that it's a partless thing. Report the issue on the MOLE thread, and you can probably remove GameData/WildBlueIndustries/MOLE/ExperimentData.cfg as a workaround.

Well removing that .cfg seems to have worked, no more are all of my Field Research jobs requiring Radio Astronomy experiments!!!

Ive reported the issue on the MOLE forum

Thanks nightingale for your help!

• 2 weeks later...

So. I have a contract for 'Field Research: Gather rare science results from Kerbin's Ice Caps'. Requires EVA Report, Crew Report, Mystery Goo, at a splash down location in Ice Cap Biome.

I flew to one of the markers with a seaplane. When I get to the marker I show as being in the Ice Caps biome, but the contract does *not* seem to recognize this. I can do the Crew and Mystery Goo reports and get the green check marks. The EVA Report one will not go, no matter how much I try. I had gotten a previous EVA Report from the Ice Caps, so I have no data to transmit back. Is this the problem?

In any case, could use some help here.

Pretty much where I am:

screenshot2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, I solved my problem. I actually had to jump INTO THE WATER for the EVA Report to be valid. Strange!

Edited by ibanix

Ok, I solved my problem. I actually had to jump INTO THE WATER for the EVA Report to be valid. Strange!

Strange, but that's KSP. Exit the ship (but don't get off the ladder), and your situation will be Flying. Let go of the ladder but stand on your ship, and your situation is Landed. Jump in the water and your situation will finally be Splashed down. It makes it pretty easy to get a whole bunch of EVA reports at once.

• 2 weeks later...

Trivia Question, I sometimes get a contract asking me to take at scientist to the mun to run experiments and then return.

IIt has to be one of their scientists, and not one of my own. Will I be able to keep the scientist afterwards? and then subsequent contracts have me use the same one?

Trivia Question, I sometimes get a contract asking me to take at scientist to the mun to run experiments and then return.

IIt has to be one of their scientists, and not one of my own. Will I be able to keep the scientist afterwards? and then subsequent contracts have me use the same one?

He's like a tourist - he'll be gone when the mission is over (but I suppose you could keep him hostage and not complete the contract).

He's like a tourist - he'll be gone when the mission is over (but I suppose you could keep him hostage and not complete the contract).

Thank you for the reply and your mods that bring great variety to the game. Is there any simple way that I could tweak something for all those contracts so I could just bring one of my own scientists to the mun, so they get the experience rather than taking a different stranger up every time.

Thank you for the reply and your mods that bring great variety to the game. Is there any simple way that I could tweak something for all those contracts so I could just bring one of my own scientists to the mun, so they get the experience rather than taking a different stranger up every time.

In GameData/ContractPacks/FieldResearch/Scientist.cfg, change this:

PARAMETER
{
name = HasPassengers
type = HasPassengers
}

to this:

PARAMETER
{
name = HasCrew
type = HasCrew

trait = Scientist
}

It's a bit more work to clean it up so it doesn't even generate the scientist... oh and it looks like that'll still expect you to recover the original scientist. So there isn't a simple way to get it perfect. :)

New release, download now!

ContractPack-FieldResearch 1.1.0

• Support for New Horizons.
  • Make Hard Science waypoints more clear that they are only a suggestion.
  • Increased rewards for KSC science contracts.
  • Improvements to progression - many contracts now show up earlier.
  • Reduced difficult of experiment contracts (reduced the amount of biome-hopping required).

In GameData/ContractPacks/FieldResearch/Scientist.cfg, change this:

PARAMETER
{
name = HasPassengers
type = HasPassengers
}

to this:

PARAMETER
{
name = HasCrew
type = HasCrew

trait = Scientist
}

It's a bit more work to clean it up so it doesn't even generate the scientist... oh and it looks like that'll still expect you to recover the original scientist. So there isn't a simple way to get it perfect. :)

Alternatively, could you make it so that the (now experienced) scientist is either made a part of your roster (like a rescued kerbal) or is made available for hire?

Alternatively, could you make it so that the (now experienced) scientist is either made a part of your roster (like a rescued kerbal) or is made available for hire?

Sure, that falls under the "anything's possible with Contract Configurator" bucket. But it's not a trivial change to the contract.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.