We are all murderers - how many Kerbals did you kill?

p8R

In my current career there are no casualties yet. This is due in part to rather extensive testing in the simulators (reverted flights) that I do on purpose, and when I decide I'm ready to do the mission for real, I don't revert the mission from that point. So I am a bit amazed that nothing has gone wrong yet. But now that I have written this, everything is going to go to heck. Thanks for nothing.

Lots, as I'm currently staging massive BDArmory dogfights, usually ending with all 8-10 kerbals dead except for the one plane that manages to survive and maybe one capsule that miraculously landed safely. Also, it doesn't let me revert, and I always forget to quicksave before battle.

there have been so many kerbals killed by me that squad added female kerbals just so that there are enough kerbals so that i don't run out.

lol... +1

AHEM. *coughs*

We are NOT all murderers. I haven't killed a single Kerbal since 0.22 over a year ago. Before then I can't remember.

I never even decline rescue contracts because I'm scared of killing the stranded Kerbals through neglect (consequently my Astronaut Complex is severely overcrowded).

P.S.: I'm starting to think I didn't really make clear what I meant by "severely overcrowded." To put it in perspective, the next Kerbal I dare to buy is going to cost me over 800,000 funds - about as much as my ENTIRE JOOL MOTHERSHIP. >.<

Edited by parameciumkid

Hundreds, probably. There was that one time my space station with 35 kerbals crashed into my 7 kerbal shuttle. Or that time when I built a rocket that the kraken had a crush on. Or the time that I flung a bunch of hitchiker pods on solar escape trajectories, never to be seen again...

AHEM. *coughs*

We are NOT all murderers. I haven't killed a single Kerbal since 0.22 over a year ago. Before then I can't remember.

I never even decline rescue contracts because I'm scared of killing the stranded Kerbals through neglect (consequently my Astronaut Complex is severely overcrowded).

P.S.: I'm starting to think I didn't really make clear what I meant by "severely overcrowded." To put it in perspective, the next Kerbal I dare to buy is going to cost me over 800,000 funds - about as much as my ENTIRE JOOL MOTHERSHIP. >.<

You haven't killed a kerbal since 0.22!!!!!??? You are doing something wrong! :cool:

In official testing and sandbox, dozens. Who knows. In actual serious career, zero. Goose Egg. Nada.

Well, there were those two that died in a plane crash, but then the game crashed and when I reloaded they were back on the runway. So that doesn't count :D

Edit

Over 3.5 years later: this post has the distinction of housing my 10,000th like.

Edited by 5thHorseman

I don't kill kerbals, game bugs kill kerbals.

Ok, so I did kill Jeb once. He kept sneaking onto a test rocket, so I said, "it's your funeral buddy" and launched anyway. :)

About 20 since 1.0 after my passenger stock plane (you know the one) ran out of fuel over ksc, causing death and a few kerbals to rain upon the VAB. Also my space station was krakened to death.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I killed 50 before 1.0 especially after my OTHER space station fell out of orbit due to the rcs burning and sticky keys being stupid. They hit a mountain and KABOOM! Also, I was a noob because I got the game at 0.23. I was testing a whole bunch of rockets and most of them failed.:blush:

KIlled my first 3 toady as the parachute (mk16) on their mk3 capsule burnt up during reentry. I have no idea why a nose mounted parachute should burn up on a tail first reentry, but it did.

So, Bartby Kerman, Obbus Kerman, and Nellin Kerbin Rest In Pieces.

This thread is ridiculous!

You can't kill Kerbals. High enough impact forces will only turn them into dust, a microbial swarm that will re-accumulate into a new living Kerbal at some point in the future. That's why sometimes you just find them floating in space randomly orbiting planets and moons.

It's considered rude to leave them in orbit, so that's why various companies will give you some cash to go fetch them.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.