We are all murderers - how many Kerbals did you kill?

p8R

Do reverted test launches count ?

If no, then none (I have 3 Kerbals stuck at Moho since quite a few years, but technically they are still alive).

If yes, then probably hundreds, mostly because I don't bother landing test flights properly, I just crash them and revert to VAB.

I stopped counting after I crashed my first huge Munar rover, killing 14 kerbals in one go. Of course, that was back in 0.23. Many more deaths have occured since then but they never stuck with me as that first big disaster did. Poor Kerbals.

I'd say it's in the triple digits somewhere, nowadays.

I've never killed a single kerbal, every single failure was a simulated launch.

Exactly. I have stranded a few on Eeloo, they couldn't be saved before the 0.21 upgrade. However I lay the blame for these deaths on Squad, even though I underfueled the craft and used a design put together for a Duna mission, and had no immediate plans for a rescue...I accept no responsibility for their deaths. This interview is over!

Soooooooo many.... Oh so many.... I NEVER remember to quick save, so I have never been able to quick load them back to life.... In no version have I not killed Jeb at least a dozen times.... per save ... even in sandbox... and once by dropping a rescue mission to the moon on him...I try really hard to feel bad about it. I don't... but I try.

OF course 1.0.4 I have not hit 12 Jeb deaths yet... But I have killed Bill by accidently running into a space station during an eva... Killed Jeb with a bad choice on aerobreaking altitude on Laythe... killed bob by forgetting that 4th parachute... and crushed Alan with infernal robotic arm.

So yeah ... having fun in 1.0.4

Alacrity

In sandbox when testing out designs Jeb ends up dying (and being brought back to life) over and over and over (actually that's sounds more like torture than murder).

LOL. KSP as Kerbal tartaros.

- - - Updated - - -

I never even decline rescue contracts because I'm scared of killing the stranded Kerbals through neglect (consequently my Astronaut Complex is severely overcrowded).

I do that too. In fact the only one I lost in my current career is because the rescue contract expired while the rescuee was sitting in orbit, waiting for the next LKO rescue mission to fill up the final seat before returning back to Kerbin. When the contract expired it said that poor Svetlana was lost, but she remained in her seat quite happily until I returned it to Kerbin, at which point she was quickly swept away by the Continuity Police never to be seen again.

I have killed zero (net result).

By "net result" I mean that there was one mission where I splashed down with a Hitchhiker can underneath my command pod, and only the pod was recovered-- the occupants of the can were classed as Missing. But then, the next time I went into the astronaut center, they had apparently been found and made their way back to KSC. (?)

(I've been careful to make my landings on land since then if the craft consists of anything more than a command pod, just to be on the safe side...)

Does anyone remember the game Cannon Fodder? well, if you weren't great at this game then the hills on the start screen would quickly fill with small crosses for your dead like this:

WotR79AhchayGameOver010.png

If this were implemented in KSP then i'd predict you could walk from the body of water by KSC to the body of water far to the west without actually touching the floor (by walking on the tombstones)

I have killed that many kerbals. By all rights I'm a genocidal maniac, and really bad at launches :D

I'm sure no one will believe me, but I take pride in never losing a single kerbal. I have had bugs kill them, but that results in a revert and I do not consider that my fault, because technically, the bug killed them, not me.

I have nearly lost a few on launches gone wrong, but ALWAYS MAKE SURE they have a means of surviving, even if it means you have to increase the rockets flipping and then use an upper stage to shove off when the rocket is upside down(long story)

or sending a giant ship at the mun at twice escape velocity because you forgot long term life support and the station has 4 hours before it runs out (that was an interesting mission).

Provided I have never been outside of Kerbins soi much besides asteroids and a pain in the butt multi-ship Laythe mission (that I never finished :( ) but I plan on fixing this in my career save and as soon as I unlock 3 meter parts. :D

I'm sure no one will believe me, but I take pride in never losing a single kerbal. I have had bugs kill them, but that results in a revert and I do not consider that my fault, because technically, the bug killed them, not me.

I've no trouble believing you. I've come very close that record myself, depending on whether one counts the kerbals I temporarily "lost" as I related earlier...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.