Are UFO's already in KSP 1.0?

Rdivine

Should the devs release the secret UFO files?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Should the devs release the secret UFO files?

• Yes! (No pressure, guys)
    • No. I don't believe it exists.

hey guys.

My KSP install has PlanetShine, DistantObject and Astronomers' Visual Pack.

I was playing KSP one day when i came across something odd. I had just launched a capsule and returned it and had splashed down, when i noticed some odd lights.

Normally the lights I see are PlanetShine flares, and the Skybox, but this was slightly odder.

The lights were rotating like people dancing around a campfire. It was in a triangular formation and was rotating about 20rpm. It was odd as i never noticed it that way. Usually planets dont line up that way. The first thought that came into my mind was ; I had time acceleration on.

I checked and the time acceleration was 1x. I even checked if there were any planets that i might have been seeing. To my disbelief, there were no planets, except Eeloo, in my way. (I had flares for eeloo turned down all the way so it was really hard to spot it.)

I went into IVA to zoom in, and i found a dark triangle rotating. Yes, a dark triangle.

I am not even slightly joking with you.

I noticed that it was somewhere in the sky, about 20km high up, so I used the camera angles to try and get as close as possible.I zoomed out as much as possible and eventually got "close"

to this object. My computer usually handles KSP very well, but it got so laggy when viewing the object from the angle.

My computer crashed when i tried to zoom in even further. I had not encountered it since yesterday.

I did not have a crash log as my computer went blue screen.

Here is the image album.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Here's a little backstory.(Sorry if i get slightly inaccurate with science)

I have heard, in many "crazy" sources on the internet, some from UFO Hunters, that several species of aliens can manupilate magnetic fields. Most of our chips use silicon transitors to store and calculate data. Our batteries have transformers which uses magnetic fields to generate ac current. The ac current can be easily changed to a certain voltage. With the correct precision change, each individual electron can be directed to the transistors.

Some species such as the greys have been known to manupilate stored data using their craft, without direct contact. I know it is ironic that greys are manupilating a game with talking green men, but it is a slight possibility.

Has anyone encountered what i have encountered? I hope the devs made this an easter egg, because i don't want to play KSP with a possibility of an alien invasion.(which may be unlikely).

Again the fact that i have played KSP for 4 years and only encountered this yesterday scares me. If anyone knows what the problem is, please help me out.

*Grabs tinfoil hat and sits in a closet*

I believe...

Seriously, though. I see light artifacts all the time. I have the exact three mods that you mentioned installed, too. The usual one I get is a cluster of dancing lights following my vessel and then they will eventually vanish.

I think I can very safely say that this is NOT SQUAD, AVP or planet shine. So it could be a DOE easter-eggy bit-o-fun. Or it could be a glitch. If it is a glitch with DOE, it should never be fixed :)

Edited by Akinesis

I actually kind of like glitches like this. It kind of makes you think there are actually UFOs. I've had a few, including a light following my Minmus rover and an object (assuming it was some sort of graphical artifact) hovering over the Mun near that canyon.

Sorry (not :P) to crash your party but Im sure these are DistantObject glitches, my current ksp has the outer planets mod now and it causes more of these lights to spawn then despawn everytime I quickload. I really got scared when I saw it the first time (mine was more like 20 dots flying in weird trajectories really fast)

Sorry (not :P) to crash your party but Im sure these are DistantObject glitches, my current ksp has the outer planets mod now and it causes more of these lights to spawn then despawn everytime I quickload. I really got scared when I saw it the first time (mine was more like 20 dots flying in weird trajectories really fast)

Hopefully this won't get fixed and we can call it an Easter Egg.

The three most likely explanations are (in no particular order):

- Easter egg albeit not stock. SQUAD clearly stated on multiple occasions the only aliens in KSP are Kerbals.

- Graphics glitch. Could be stock, could be modded.

- Photoshop.

As someone who has seen this in real life:

http://i.imgur.com/F3e1a9n.jpg

I am totally willing to believe extraterrestrial races are manipulating earths magnetic field to put tantalizing hints on your video game.

As a computer scientist, however, I'd have to say its more likely a glitch ^-^

Kind of a freaky coincidence but I just saw this while testing my parody Low Density Supersonic Decelerator on a polar sub-orbital trajectory at dawn. A formation of 3 points of light accelerating ahead of my craft.

I didn't actually freak out, however - it was just bits of my stock fairings that I jettisoned a few seconds ago. After firing up a kick stage to send the LDSD into its final trajectory and making some corrections, the debris looked like it was on a parallel flight path being lit up by the rising sun enough to look like they were glowing.