1.0.2. most unplayable? List of issues

Hi there,

I've been playing KSP for quiet a while now, but I must admit that the game has never been so frustrating, until now.

I merely use the Astronomer's Visual Pack - Interstellar V2 as mod, while I removed some features due to compatibility reasons.

To me, the game became almost unplayable since 1.0 and as I don't even know where to start, I want to share the list of issues I encountered, hopefully providing help.

1) Ship randomly falling apart after quickload:

This one bothered me the most as it almost killed my savegame. I quickloaded after a failed attempt to land a vessel with a moonbase on the Mun. Suddenly, the ship simply falls apart (see picture).

Reloading did not solve the problem, it actually became worse as for some reasons all the parts fell of, including RCS thrusters, docking ports, etc. The ship remained "intact" by the looks of the staging sequences.

Pic: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rakw06tclpj8dl7/bah.jpg?dl=0

2) Impossible landing:

A vessel crashed on Kerbin (chutes already released) when it suddenly jumped (without lag!) from 2000m to 200m. The chutes did also not deploy at the designated altitude, giving Jeb a concrete face lift.

3) Old warping issue:

When warping in space, vessels sometimes pass through planets, even though the periapsis is <0.

4) Game crashing at a certain altitude:

After launching a rocket, the game suddenly crashed when the rocket reached 6000m. After restarting the game, the rocket was still at the launching pad. Launched it again, game crashed again when it reached 6000m. [This happened without mods!]

5) Parts not "glued" together?:

Sometimes, when launching a bigger rocket (100 parts+), the parts on the top simply fall of, as if they were just lying on top. Rewinding to launch (even though not launched) solved the issue. Still a bug.

6) Boom!:

Sometimes vessels explode for no particular reason (no heat, etc.) after reaching a certain altitude. Can't be more precise, it just happened randomly.

7) Automatic SAS:

This is not really an issue, but it still needs a fix. Jeb leveled up and I told him with SAS and RCS on to fix on the maneuver dot. But all the SAS does is somehow to twirl around the mark. It did cost me a lot of monopropellant until I found the cause. [This happened without mods!]

8) The ship's gone:

Now that's one of the worst issues of all. My vessel was floating in space and I quicksaved when the vessel suddenly exploded (because of reasons?). I returned to the space center and quickloaded. Here comes the odd part: After the quickload I was at the exact same spot where I quicksaved, but the vessel disappeared entirely. It also disappeared from the tracking station. Reloading did not solve the issue, nor did restarting. [This happened without mods!]

9) Service bays:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the storage containers should not be able to store parts that are bigger than themselves. you can literally build a rocket inside a rocket when using storage containers. It's funny to store a orange tank inside the 1.25m storage bay though.

Also, I personally think that the aerodynamics need a little fix, as some rockets, or especially space planes, start behaving oddly when reaching a high altitude. Adding an insane number of wings helps, but seems unnecessary. Anyway, that's subjective and not an issue/bug.

Any ideas on this matter?

Stock is pretty bad at the moment. Lots of instances of the kraken. Lots of hard to replicate bugs that mostly get shrugged at.

Personally I've alleviated most of the issues that I face with the following mod:

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55657-1-0-2-Kerbal-Joint-Reinforcement-v3-1-3-4-27-15

It won't do much about some of your grievances but it may help you with #5 and #1.

I can't wait for 1.0.3... hope its a beast.

Game breaking galaxy destroying kraken bug is so easy to replicate for me... All you need is a claw and try to push an E class asteroid while mining it. It can happen on big ships with docking ports.. Hell it can even happen with the utility bay overstuffed. Even if this doesn't destroy your universe it always causes some sort of lasting problem. I have had the whole universe dissapering on me... Had phantom acceleration problems... Had atmosphere dissapering... Unstable orbit... Yes the game still has alot of kraken problems. It gets better when KAS mod is used but that doesn't solve the issue. All the other bugs i can live with but these game breaking bugs that kraken causes should be to first to get fixed yet they are still present in the release version of the game. All they added to the game i allready had them with mods. Some were even better than current stock features. 1.0 should have been about heavy bug fixing not atmosphere fixing and part overhaul...

Maybe i am pushing the game too much to its limit with absurd crafts? Are you all getting these issues?

Edited by n0xiety

My game runs smooth as butter. Only a few kraken instances and they are rare. Its even odder because I use like 50 mods. However, I know these issues do exist. People talk about them all the time with the 'Class E asteroid + claw' bug being one of the most severe and unfortunate. There are definitely a lot of bugs that need addressing, and I'm hoping and speculating that 1.0.3 will help a lot.

Meanwhile the best we can do is post a procedure for replicating the bug along with logs. I'm sure its a small chance that the devs will actually see an issue they didn't already know about, but they certainly won't even glance at a post unless it contains a valid well thought out report.

Edited by OddFunction

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.