[1.0.5] Behemoth Aerospace Engineering Large Parts v1.3.5 (2015-11-15)

greystork

@greystork: no i didnt change anything, but i fixed the issue.

i ran a integrity control in steam and apperantly i was missing 70mb on stuff. it downloaded and i reinstalled the mods and everything works fine now.

so thnx again for the help and sry for the inconvinience

grtz

New update (v1.3.5):

± Fixed engine heat animations
± Updated test subjects to new format.
± 'Predator' tanks now support ModuleCrossFeed.
± Multi fuel tanks now default to LiquidFuel/Oxidizer if neither InterstellarFuelSwitch nor Firespitter is installed.

Edited by greystork

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 11/12/2015 at 3:19 AM, sturmer said:

hi there,

im having a small problem with the mod and im not sure if im doing something wrong or not.

my ksp is now on 1.0.5 like everyone elses i guess, so i started up ckan and i could upgrade ur mod via that.

when finished i start up ksp and it starts loading but from the moment it starts to apply the patches it stall's on this part : BAE/Parts/Control/V1/BAEvernor1/BAEvernor1

any idea whats wrong here? in 1.0.4 it worked great

thnx in advance

I am having this exact error.  I removed BAEvernor1, and then it stalls on BAE\Parts\Decouplers\DR1\BAEradialdecoupler1.  I remvoed this and it stalled on BAE\Parts\Engines\A1\BAEengine5mA1.  That is as far as I've gone removing and reloading.

Edited by yuri97

4 hours ago, yuri97 said:

I am having this exact error.  I removed BAEvernor1, and then it stalls on BAE\Parts\Decouplers\DR1\BAEradialdecoupler1.  I remvoed this and it stalled on BAE\Parts\Engines\A1\BAEengine5mA1.  That is as far as I've gone removing and reloading.

Hi Yuri,

As I recall, Sturmer's problem was that he was missing about 70 MB of files from his installation. I would recommend that you download the mod again and install it from scratch. Don't forget to remove the old BAE folder.

18 hours ago, greystork said:

Hi Yuri,

As I recall, Sturmer's problem was that he was missing about 70 MB of files from his installation. I would recommend that you download the mod again and install it from scratch. Don't forget to remove the old BAE folder.

Thanks for the reply greystork.  I have tried that, I also tried to delete 1.3.5 & load up 1.3.3...  all to no avail.  Funny thing is, it worked perfectly a few days ago (I don't know which version of BAE I had but I assume it was 1.3.5 as I was also running KSP 1.0.5).  KSP was taking FOREVER to load, many parts were doubled in inventory and it crashed all the time.  So I deleted all mods and re-uncompressed then recopied them into GameData.  Ever since then it hangs on loadup.

Yuri

On 7/2/2016 at 8:55 PM, yuri97 said:

Thanks for the reply greystork.  I have tried that, I also tried to delete 1.3.5 & load up 1.3.3...  all to no avail.  Funny thing is, it worked perfectly a few days ago (I don't know which version of BAE I had but I assume it was 1.3.5 as I was also running KSP 1.0.5).  KSP was taking FOREVER to load, many parts were doubled in inventory and it crashed all the time.  So I deleted all mods and re-uncompressed then recopied them into GameData.  Ever since then it hangs on loadup.

Yuri

Hi

I had the same problem with KSP and  a log full of  Exception]: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

it's not a BAE fault, it's something wrong with resource loading, try to remove all the module manager file in the game data folder, but not the modulemanage.dll file 

module manager config cache

module manager config SHA

module manager physics

module manager tech tree

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
4 hours ago, TonyC said:

Hello ! Do you have any projects to update this mod to 1.1 ? I like those huge, huuuuge panels. They're pretty useful for my needs :)

I am considering retiring this mod, so unless there is a huge outcry, there probably won't be any further updates. There are several reasons for this:

• The Behemoth Aerospace Engineering - Large Parts mod doesn't seem to have a huge following.
  • NecroBones already covers most of the area of this mod in his SpaceY Lifters + Extended mods (up to 7.5m parts).
  • If you really want oversized parts, you can just use TweakScale (in your case combined with Nertea's Near Future Solar mod).
  • To my knowledge, the only thing in BAE-LP that doesn't work in KSP 1.1 is the landing legs. Everything else in the current version (1.3.5) should still be functional.

However, if any of you wish to convince me to NOT retire BAE-LP, don't hesitate to post your opinions. If I get enough responses, I might reconsider.

@greystork, also, small last wish : If you chose to give up on that mod, could you put it in a permissive license (maybe even public domain ? :D) so that willing people (I'm no expert but I'd like to try) may update the mod themselves ? Thanks !

18 hours ago, TonyC said:

@greystork, also, small last wish : If you chose to give up on that mod, could you put it in a permissive license (maybe even public domain ? :D) so that willing people (I'm no expert but I'd like to try) may update the mod themselves ? Thanks !

The Creative Commons license accompanying BAE-LP is already very permissive. There are only three rules to follow:

• Your derivative work must credit me (greystork) as the original creator of the BAE-LP content you use.
  • You may not charge money for your derivative work.
  • You must share your derivative work under the same license (CC BY-NC-SA).

Go forth and mod my mod. :cool:

Edited by greystork

• 1 year later...

I've been flying the 5M large engine alot recently. Mid-flight, it's absolutely majestic... However it's basically a stone on the pad and I always have to boosterize the hell out of it to get it moving. =\ 

I'm not sure if this is a throttle-up issue or a SLT issue. =\ Anyway, I still have about 75% of this mod installed.. 

• 3 years later...

I have just asked @greystork and @Comwarrior for permission to adopt this mod. 

@greystork @greystork ... @Comwarrior@Comwarrior

here is the adoption letter / notice.

15 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:

Greetings!

• Behemoth Aerospace Engineering Large Parts Pack

I am asking for your permission to update / continue / adopt / release the above named wonderful mod.

I absolutely love this mod and really want others to enjoy it as well.

Hopefully I hear back from you with an answer, but in case I don't hear back from you I intend to respectfully proceed as soon as the middle of Oct 2021, as permitted by the license of this mod.

I will provide recognition of original authors/maintainers; and I will gladly step aside should you ever want to continue this mod yourself.

Couple of requests:

• In the interest of continuity and for the players, I am asking to be added to the SpaceDock and CurseForge 'Authors' so I can update / release using the same listing. Using the same listing will benefit the players and avoid confusion.
  • A posting on the related Forum thread would be swell along with a public posting in the mod's thread tagging and telling @HebaruSanand @DasSkelettabout this adoption so CKAN will be smoothly updated.
  • Permission to post this communication in a public space, specifically in the GitHub repo holding it for the purpose of legal transparency.

Thank you!

Behemoth Aerospace Engineering (a.k.a. BAE) CC BY-NC-SA 4.0

Forums - greystork
Forums - Comwarrior
SpaceDock
CurseForge
CKAN

Thank you kindly in advance!

Author:

greystork link to greystork

Maintainer:

Comwarriorlink to Comwarrior

I will post a new thread when it is time; and will post news when there is news.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.