[1.0.4]Civilian Population 1.7.5.1 (Update to 1.0.5 in Progress)

Should the cosmetic IVA's be kept?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Should the cosmetic IVA's be kept?

• Keep IVA's (they are fun to look at!)
    • Remove IVA's but offer in an Optional Download (would take more time to implement but doable!)

This mod is amazing. Built a huge space station within the first couple hours. Just HAD to!

I'm having trouble with recruitment though.

When I use the movieplex and recruit a specific class, it costs me inspiration but no kerbal is added to my crew or the astronaut complex. However, if I go to an apartment module and click recruit kerbal, it works right away and I have no choice of the class.

What am I doing wrong?

csmicfool, sorry about the delay! And thanks for the kind words!

seeing if i can recreate whats going on with your stuff! Do you have your. If you have your ksp.log file that you can upload for me, that would help as well :)

EDIT: Figured out your issue,

I haven't yet implemented a IVA for the movie theater (waiting till unity5 and support or animated gifs as textures! For the movies!)

Your Kerbals are actually getting recruited, but they dont show up in lower right hand corner pictures due to the lack of the IVA. If you left click on the Movie theater hatch, you should be able to EVA your kerbals.

I will implement a temporary placeholder IVA in the next patch (out shortly with alot of plugin optimizations!) Sorry 'bout the confusion!

Edited by rabidninjawombat

Figured out your issue,

I haven't yet implemented a IVA for the movie theater (waiting till unity5 and support or animated gifs as textures! For the movies!)

Your Kerbals are actually getting recruited, but they dont show up in lower right hand corner pictures due to the lack of the IVA. If you left click on the Movie theater hatch, you should be able to EVA your kerbals.

I will implement a temporary placeholder IVA in the next patch (out shortly with alot of plugin optimizations!) Sorry 'bout the confusion!

That worked. Awesome! Thanks so much.

Version:1.7.3 - "Land Lord Edition"

Nothing flashy or new partwise, but a lot of necessary changes/fixes/balances to the backend plugin and parts needed for future plans! A complete refactoring of the code (the plug-in should be about 1/4th of the size it was before) This included any bug fixes I have come across or have had reported, as well as make the code ready for a toolbar based GUI that's in development for the next update!

Full Changelog:

• Complete refactoring of the code! Alot more efficient (hopefully!)

Bugs fixed:

• All Rent related bugs are finally fixed! Your kerbal tenants have stopped being deadbeats and are now paying properly! (Note: RabidNinjaWombat and Associatesâ„¢ are not responsible for any back rent not collected ;) )
  • Note: Rent is only collected when you visit your ships/bases(but it does accumulate while the ships isn't focused) So Land-lords check in with your tenants often!
  • Added a check to rent code to make sure player was in Career mode before trying to pay them money, avoiding null refs for those playing in Sandbox (thanks for the report Maraz!) (note for sandbox players, right click menu "Time Until next Pay" field will still go into the negatives but it can be safety ignored till I get the GUI up and running which will removed this field completely)
  • Several code fixes eliminating Reeeaaaaly annoying log spam. (thanks for the heads up Oaktree42)
  • USI-LS support should now properly cost you supplies for your Civilians.
  • Add Placeholder IVA to Movie theater (to make it easier to access your recruited Kerbals) New IVA soon.

Enhancements/Balance:

• Added a check to the rent code to see if your landed on Kerbin. (no rolling a CivPop Apartment just off the runway and raking in the cash, you dirty cheating alpaca ;) ) Its not perfect, But works for now, will take another look at the rent code, once the GUI is finished.
  • Buffed/Balanced the Laser Drill - was pulling far too little out for its size/cost and relatively high point in the tech tree.
  • Lowered weight of landing legs, given their size, while large, compared to other parts they were still overweight.
  • Rent Slightly Buffed

Also a big shout out to Reddit user Faraway_Hotel for his permission to use the awesome Kerbal Icons he created, and that you see on Reddit as Flairs, within the CivPop GUI (licensed Creative Commons 4.0 BY-NC) COMING SOON!

hBVnkbE.pngp

Download link in the first post as usual!

Fixed! 1.7.3.1 Update :(

Download is in the first page. 1.7.3 had the the wrong install folder setup. Thats what i get for staying up till 2am coding and them uploading :P

Forgot to mention it in the changelog but i did slightly buff the rent amount.

For the next update once the GUI is up and running, planning on scaleing Kerbal rent based what planet then are on/around. Laythe super expensive destination spot anyone? :P

Fixed! 1.7.3.1 Update :(

For the next update once the GUI is up and running, planning on scaleing Kerbal rent based what planet then are on/around. Laythe super expensive destination spot anyone? :P

Nice!

Is there potential to make it 'auto-scale" with distance from Kerbin. That would obviate the need for specific configs for any/all planetary mods:D

I'm having some trouble w/ rent in the newest update. It's showing "Time until rent payment" as a negative number which keeps growing in the wrong direction.

This should only happen if

A: Your landed on kerbin, or

B: Your in Sandbox/Science mode mode. If none of the above apply lemme know what situation your craft is in. Screenshots are helpful and any errors that are coming up in the KSP log (either alt +f2 to view it) or upload a link to your ksp.log file.

In those two situations you wont get any rent, that was added in the last patch, Hopefully once i have the GUI built you wont even see that stat on that vessel if it doesnt apply to you situation.

May not have anything to do with your problem, But I see Waste Water at 59.95/60.00 and Water at 0.01/180. Looks to me you need what ever it is that cleans up the water.

Thanks, but I'm not sure that's related. Plus, I'd expect that to result in population shrinkage.

Should have taken the screenshot with resources tab expanded. Overall I have plenty of water and some capacity for waste water. I have more greenhouse capacity than I have civilians, so I'm not sure why there's an imbalance. I end up having to mine some water but CO2 and Waste Water get really close to full, though I find they never completely fill.

Thanks for the update , RNW !!! :)

No Problem!

Thanks, but I'm not sure that's related. Plus, I'd expect that to result in population shrinkage.

Should have taken the screenshot with resources tab expanded. Overall I have plenty of water and some capacity for waste water. I have more greenhouse capacity than I have civilians, so I'm not sure why there's an imbalance. I end up having to mine some water but CO2 and Waste Water get really close to full, though I find they never completely fill.

I'm looking into it now, But im assuming this base existed before the patch right? I may have an issue in the code where it didn't reset the the rent timer properly for existing bases ( i knew it works fine for new bases, tested it extensively) If this is the case ill get it fixed for ya ASAP! In regards to any imbalance, dont forget that with TAC, your Kerbonauts use the same resources (and at twice the rate of civilians) so with more kerbonauts added you might need extra growing capacity. :)

May not have anything to do with your problem, But I see Waste Water at 59.95/60.00 and Water at 0.01/180. Looks to me you need what ever it is that cleans up the water.

There is converter on the hydroponics that. will do that. And the farm as well.

Regarding civilian transport, you might want to look into a custom version of the Davon Logistic Module. Since you have civilians set as a resource, you could just have 'Immigration module" or something, that ships you X civilians when you pay for it.

Thanks. :) The Civilian docks already do something similar, (allow a steady stream of immigration in the background provided you have enough food) I was looking into making a vehicle, (more likely just a parts say similar to the mrk3 16 crew cabin) that would transport civilians at the whim of the user, while retaining the aesthetic of the other pieces.

But i may very well implement something similar to that mod in the GUI (allowing user to pay an large amount of funds for an immediate influx of civilians to be transported)

Thanks for response! I really appreciate the support.

A: Mun

B: Career mode.

KSP.log (zipped)

Screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/SAMUXjF.jpg

Ok! I should have a fix for you. Thanks for the feedback and logs csmicfool.

Apologies to everyone about the the update spam. This should hopefully fix the issue for anyone issue with rent. (no more updates for at least a week promise ;)

1.7.3.2 Hotfix:

Just a small DLL update to issue with rent that folks may be having in certain situations. (Mostly existing bases that were already in the negative, this should reset the clock, and rent should work for ya. )

Update is on the front page of the thread as usual.

I'm looking into it now, But im assuming this base existed before the patch right? I may have an issue in the code where it didn't reset the the rent timer properly for existing bases ( i knew it works fine for new bases, tested it extensively) If this is the case ill get it fixed for ya ASAP! In regards to any imbalance, dont forget that with TAC, your Kerbonauts use the same resources (and at twice the rate of civilians) so with more kerbonauts added you might need extra growing capacity. :)

Correct. Existed prior to the patch. Worth noting, I have a base in LKO - also from before the patch - which appears to be unaffected and rent works normally.

Thanks!!!

Correct. Existed prior to the patch. Worth noting, I have a base in LKO - also from before the patch - which appears to be unaffected and rent works normally.

Thanks!!!

Yup.. it was a very specific issue, But hotfix up ahead should fix, tested multiple times jumping back and forth between versions. Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently using Civilian population in a special kind of scenario. I've added the flight school and the thing i like best about it are the three small landing pads. It would be nice if one of those pads could be made into a seperate, surface attachable part (preferably scalable). That would make it possible to add a landing pad to any structure which could make crew transfers a lot easier. (Yes, it's a request)

Another thing you might consider is adding the number of crew to the consumptionrate of oxygen, food, reproduction etc..

And for a little eye-candy a screenshot of the Minmus base with the flightschool.

screenshot64.png

I'm currently using Civilian population in a special kind of scenario. I've added the flight school and the thing i like best about it are the three small landing pads. It would be nice if one of those pads could be made into a seperate, surface attachable part (preferably scalable). That would make it possible to add a landing pad to any structure which could make crew transfers a lot easier. (Yes, it's a request)

Another thing you might consider is adding the number of crew to the consumptionrate of oxygen, food, reproduction etc..

And for a little eye-candy a screenshot of the Minmus base with the flightschool.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14923883/screenshot64.png

Nice screenshot! I actually do that myself, Love that someone else does that as well with the flight school, Good idea on the surface mountable flight pad. Ill try to get it in in the next patch for you. (added to my to-do list)

Hi,

been looking at this for a while. I'm going to be playing with USI-LS,so i'm happy it's included.

But, you may want to update your FAQ on the first page to add that USI-LS is supported, right now it only mentions TAC-LS

Thanks, will update the FAQ for ya. Also working toward a little more inter-operablity with MKS/OKS if you are currently using that too.

a little eye-candy

What are those little shuttles you have there?

You might have a point there. If life support is installed, the crew should be consuming the resources anyway, but it might be worth adding in some consumption if life support isn't installed, even if they don't strictly need it to get by.

I'm currently reworking some of the buildings and all of the internals to reduce unnecessary RAM/CPU usage - there are some very unwieldy parts! I'm planning to change the positioning of the observation deck and landing pads on the flight school to make more room for landing on there, but I'll have to see if this can be done without messing up craft which are currently using it. I was also thinking of submitting a radially-attached landing pad. So you may get your wish soon enough.

What are those little shuttles you have there?

You might have a point there. If life support is installed, the crew should be consuming the resources anyway, but it might be worth adding in some consumption if life support isn't installed, even if they don't strictly need it to get by..

Those little shuttles are modifications of the WEKA shuttle created by Lunniy Korabl (thread can be found here). All honours should go to him.

I've used the (original) WEKA in every version of KSP since the creation of the WEKA (i believe it was in KSP version 0.13.0). Each time i've modified the part cfg's and later on i've created some extra skins for them. Currently, i still have to get the WEKA engine working (again). Perhaps i will re-publish the WEKA later on.

I will add some 'blueprints' here in a few minutes.

Personally, i don't use life support as it poses more problems than i care for. Besides, i don't want to spare the additional memory usage.

The promised blueprints:

front_WEKA%20%20rescue%20shuttle_1.png

front_Weka%20medical_1.png

front_Weka%20medical_2.png

Edited by TheCardinal
Added WEKA blueprints

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.