[1.8-1.9] Survey Transponder 0.6.0

taniwha

• 3 months later...

I have released version 0.5.1 of Survey Transponder.

Changes from 0.5.0:

• Make the tracking window respect F2.
  • Move the inline storage from utility to payload.
  • Move the deployable float and transponder from science to ground.

Enjoy.

Edited by taniwha

23 hours ago, taniwha said:

I have released version 0.5.1 of Survey Transponder.

Changes from 0.5.0:

• Make the tracking window respect F2.
  • Move the inline storage from utility to payload.
  • Move the deployable float and transponder from science to ground.

Enjoy.

I was testing this with my Kurrikane mod.

Is there any way to have it activate automatically on leaving the carrying craft (ie:  decoupler staged)?  I don't want to have to require an extra icon which would need to be staged, if possible.

Hmm, it seems that if I disable the stagingIcon, it will stage the way I want.

I'm adding a parameter to ST_Transponder:

stagingIcon = true/false

True will work the way it currently does, false, will be used for the Kurrikane.

So, a couple of questions:

What does it mean when it says "no signal"?

I dropped a couple of probes, and was getting the no signal on one of them.  These probes have a ModuleCommand and a ModuleDataTransmitter, but I wasn't able to switch to the probe using the left/right bracket keys.  Was this the mod, or something else?

I hope you don't mind the addition, while I understand why you have it there for your parts, I don't want that for the Kurrikane.

Thanks

"No signal" means the vessel was unloaded. The goal of the mod was to make it easy to track airdrops so as to stay within the 2.5km unload range until the package had safely reached the ground (this was before the default unload range got extended to 21km, though release came later).

It sounds like I need to revisit the design taking the commsnet and vessel modules into account.

However, the mod should not get in the way of vessel switching (I haven't noticed it doing so).

2 minutes ago, taniwha said:

"No signal" means the vessel was unloaded. The goal of the mod was to make it easy to track airdrops so as to stay within the 2.5km unload range until the package had safely reached the ground (this was before the default unload range got extended to 21km, though release came later).

It sounds like I need to revisit the design taking the commsnet and vessel modules into account.

However, the mod should not get in the way of vessel switching (I haven't noticed it doing so).

Ok.  I updated the PR I did for the readme with the addition of the ability to disable the staging icon.  I'll test without it installed to see if I can figure out the vessel switching problem

Ok, I know what's happening.

You can't switch to a landed vessel while flying, but you CAN switch to another flying vessel

What does the last box in the window mean?

And, I suppose that you should fix the window, so that when it lands, it says landed/splashed.  Only seems to work properly when I change vessels, otherwise it is just changing the color

Could you also add another colum, which shows the distance from the probe?  May prevent needless circling

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I have released version 0.5.4 of Survey Transponder. 0.5.3 was too short-lived to worry about (I forgot to make a cfg tweak and remove some log spam).

Changes from 0.5.2:

• Readme (linuxgurugamer)
  • StagedAnimation has a field to disable the staging icon (linuxgurugamer)
  • Comms support StagedAnimation (ie, it can be specified as a DeployFxModules module for comms stuff).
  • The survey transponder part now includes science capable antenna that works only when staged. This means no need for an additional antenna for science drops.

NOTE: the antenna is slower, but uses less power.

Edited by taniwha

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.