boolybooly

The K Prize - 100% reusable spaceplane to orbit and back

14 hours ago, Space Nerd said:

Just to clarify, is a bit of clipping okay?

Because I clipped a little bit of wings into fuel tanks.

Clipping is fine because the construction gismos in stock SPH & VAB permit if not encourage this.

Timewarp overshoot is stock behaviour because 1.9 allows high multiplier warping close to planets now and whatever stock does is OK.

Congratulations @Space Nerdon another successful mission with a scaled up SSTO Mk1b which in flying past the Mün earnt the special kudos of a Kosmokerbal Commendation. Thanks for your mission report and welcome back to the roll of honour aka K-Prize party guest list.

Edited by boolybooly

3 hours ago, ralanboyle said:

Thankyou for your mission report @ralanboyle. May I ask, could you kindly explain why the passenger parts shown in the video have prefixes like a CM14 Mk2 Cockpit and likewise a UT13 Mk3 Passenger Module?

Its just these are not stock names and suggest modified parts and the cockpit is a lift generator so it counts under rule 3. Are these and all relevant parts in the SSTO stock parts or exact physics clones of stock parts? Or have the physics or resources been modified?

Also is the planet using stock Kerbin physics? :)

i finally did it after hundreds of attempts and lots of plane designs!!!!! that took so long! i should go back to rockets now... :)

how do you get pictures in the post? because i cant do it because they are super glitchy

@minerbat, upload your screenshots to a file sharing site and use the link they provide in your posts. Imgur.com is made for this, and it's free. 

https://postimg.cc/069fGn13
my orbit

https://postimg.cc/Z03S0P43
ready for launch (picture made afterwards)

https://postimg.cc/FkxC3HPt
landing (i cant land horizontally :( )

https://postimg.cc/LJqKKjCn
after landing and rotate it on its wheels by retracting landing gear

i am gonna try the eve rocks challenge or a jool 5 mission now :)

Edited by minerbat
my :) didnt change into a kerbal

On 2/18/2020 at 1:31 PM, boolybooly said:

Thankyou for your mission report @ralanboyle. May I ask, could you kindly explain why the passenger parts shown in the video have prefixes like a CM14 Mk2 Cockpit and likewise a UT13 Mk3 Passenger Module?

Its just these are not stock names and suggest modified parts and the cockpit is a lift generator so it counts under rule 3. Are these and all relevant parts in the SSTO stock parts or exact physics clones of stock parts? Or have the physics or resources been modified?

Also is the planet using stock Kerbin physics? :)

Yes, all of my physics and parts are stock. My parts look a little different because I use "ReStock", I think that is also the mod that is changing their names. I also use "Better Order of Parts" which might change their names, I'm not sure. Kerbin looks a little different because I use "Scatterer" and "EVE."

Thankyou for clarifying @ralanboyle . Congratulations on completing the K-Prize with box shaped style and earning an APPA for stopping with one pair of rear wheels on the runway, doesnt get much closer than that!

Congratulations also to @minerbat for completing the K-Prize. I listed the mission but had to make a name up as I didnt see a name for the craft, which I will add if you can supply one. Also thanks for trying the image hosting. If I may make a suggestion, larger resolutions should be possible and would be much more informative about the craft and methods you have used.

Thanks for your mission reports and welcome to the K-Prize party Guest list aka the roll of honour. :)