ISS 1.1.2 development thread

Mike-NZ

whats the problem with jem elm?

- - - Updated - - -

if I can make infernal robotics automatic I will

- - - Updated - - -

if I use ksp solar tracking for the truss, it WILL rotate, but anything attached to it will stay where it was

- - - Updated - - -

nice video, I think the speed is about the same

whats the problem with jem elm?

- - - Updated - - -

if I can make infernal robotics automatic I will

- - - Updated - - -

if I use ksp solar tracking for the truss, it WILL rotate, but anything attached to it will stay where it was

- - - Updated - - -

nice video, I think the speed is about the same

That's the problem that affected the old Bobcat's ISS, it used ksp standard solar tracking and even if you could attach the radiators they wouldn't move togheter with the panels

I've been using this mod and your space shuttle mod for quite a while now and have to say they're epic! I don't know how you find time to develop these things and still play the game but your work nonetheless is much appreciated! If i could request one thing however, please don't scrap the cargo bay for the Dreamchaser as it's vital for my extended duration flights due to the options of TAC lifesupport and additional fuel. Also, i don't know if its been fixed in the latest version (about to update it), but when the Dreamchaser's vertical control surface is used it seems to cause the little patches attached to it to clip through the craft. Don't know if it's a bug or working as intended and sorry if i didn't explain it properly.

I've been using this mod and your space shuttle mod for quite a while now and have to say they're epic! I don't know how you find time to develop these things and still play the game but your work nonetheless is much appreciated! If i could request one thing however, please don't scrap the cargo bay for the Dreamchaser as it's vital for my extended duration flights due to the options of TAC lifesupport and additional fuel. Also, i don't know if its been fixed in the latest version (about to update it), but when the Dreamchaser's vertical control surface is used it seems to cause the little patches attached to it to clip through the craft. Don't know if it's a bug or working as intended and sorry if i didn't explain it properly.

Thanks for telling me about the clipping issue. Will fix

And I wish I had time to play the game more.... I usually find problems to fix through feedback from others.

The Dreamchaser thing seems to be that the control surfaces attached to the center tail rotate in the vertical axis, rather than the lateral axis (i.e. they should "pop up" like spoilers).

Yes, like they used to. They are air brakes right. Unity editor export issue. Will fix like I sorted the shuttle tail.

Another issue I've run into is the bounding box for the ISS. Last time I tried to dock something (a Progress to the end of Zarya), MechJeb gave me a ship size of over 600m. When I had it show the bounding boxes, the one for the ISS was enormous!

I'll try again tomorrow, and if it persists, I'll post a screenshot.

Probably. It's whichever was the second Russian module...

Anyway...

Screenshot%202015-08-29%2000.24.38.png~original

I saw something reflecting sunlight (Kerbolight?) on approach, but damned if I can find it. It's gotta be at the other corner of that big blue bounding box...

Edited by AdmiralSirJohn

Anyway...

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb86/AdmiralSirJohn/Screenshot%202015-08-29%2000.24.38.png~original

I saw something reflecting sunlight (Kerbolight?) on approach, but damned if I can find it. It's gotta be at the other corner of that big blue bounding box...

wow, whats that....? what does it mean? force field?

- - - Updated - - -

update on the dreamchaser and those who wanted it shaped differently:

bit rough but will smooth out ofcourse

PEUmgif.png

27sMP3h.png

any changes suggested now is a good time

Anyway...

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb86/AdmiralSirJohn/Screenshot%202015-08-29%2000.24.38.png~original

So what I understand is that: thats mechjebs docking safe zone where it moves cautiously from that point... and I assume its due to the size or number if ships in the zone...

I dony know if I can do much in terms of modelling or configs

Apparently, my problem is the JEM arm. Once I undocked the JEM pressurized module, the bounding box reverted to normal.

interesting! thanks for that. I will check the models mesh out

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, Mike, when you get a chance, if you haven't gotten there yet, could you make an ESP storage unit for the ISS. It is needed because they hold the station's ORUs.

wonder if I can make the one I made yesterday attach to the station

800px-ESP-2_a_full_version.png

- - - Updated - - -

Will the dreamchaser have a 1.25m node on the back? Or a .625?

I can make it whichever one you want...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.