ISS 1.1.2 development thread

Mike-NZ

Have you had a chance to check the JEM arm mesh? I've had meshes in Lightwave end up with points way out where they have no business being, so I suspect it's something like that.

- - - Updated - - -

And speaking of the arms, did you ever fix the grappler magnet problem?

Have you had a chance to check the JEM arm mesh? I've had meshes in Lightwave end up with points way out where they have no business being, so I suspect it's something like that.

- - - Updated - - -

And speaking of the arms, did you ever fix the grappler magnet problem?

Sorry keep getting distracted.

First thing when I get to pc. 3 hours to go.

Gonna have a good look at the coding see how it works.

A list of issues I found (mostly not essential) that you can resolve or improve when you'll have time to do so. I admire your work, this is not a complaint but only a list of improvements that can help making your pack more awesome!

ISS:

Russian Segment:

No notable problems.

-Zarya: Zarya panels are working perfectly (finally lol), so they can be added to the single Zarya .craft and ISS .craft.

-Maybe Rassvet (the white Mir DM) needs a revamp, as the real Rassvet is quite different.

US/EU/JP Segment:

-Unity (Node 1) Module: needs remodeling and retexturing, it's bigger than the real version. Probably Bobcat confused Node 1 (Unity) and Node 2-3 (Harmony, Tranquility) models when texturing. In fact, the current Node 2-3 (smaller) should be Node 1 (needs retexturing, Unity marking and stuff), and current Node 1 should be Node 2-3.

-Harmony-Tranquility (Node 2-3) Modules: see above.

-Common Berthing Mechanism (CBM): when you berth two modules, there's too much space between them. Every time I need to offset the two CBMs and put them more inside the module. In my opinion, they should be slightly thighter, but offsetting is ok for now.

-S0 Truss: the support structures should be reshaped considering that Node 1 needs to be remade and the space occupied from the CBMs should be thighter.

-JEM: the JEM main module texture is gross, compared to the other modules textures

-JEM arm and Canadarm: in my opinion they should be faster by default when moving.

-Truss and Panels: I find that the old system of making the trusses sun-tracking was ok. I know that you can't attach anything to it (or it will not rotate) but with Infernal Robotics you must control them manually and orient continously, and I find it difficult and annoying.

Overall:

-When in orbit red and blue polygons can be seen.

-Part count extreme, craft is a bit laggy

SPACE SHUTTLE:

-Standard Canadarm (the one you provide as subassembly) moves but magnet isn't working (although the on/off option is present)

-OMS Engines: I find them underpowered. Good for standard Shuttle, maybe an Engine Fix Patch (like the old one not working) could be a nice option (separate download).

-Docking node not working (resolved adding an APAS on top, but it's another add to part count!)

-Atmosphere: during reentry it flies literally like a brick, no control at all. Still haven't tried the Extra glide, Less drag, More lift patch, but without it it's uncontrollable.

Edited by trooperMNG

A list of issues I found (mostly not essential) that you can resolve or improve when you'll have time to do so. I admire your work, this is not a complaint but only a list of improvements that can help making your pack more awesome!

ISS:

Russian Segment:

No notable problems.

-Zarya: Zarya panels are working perfectly (finally lol), so they can be added to the single Zarya .craft and ISS .craft.

-Maybe Rassvet (the white Mir DM) needs a revamp, as the real Rassvet is quite different.

US/EU/JP Segment:

-Unity (Node 1) Module: needs remodeling and retexturing, it's bigger than the real version. Probably Bobcat confused Node 1 (Unity) and Node 2-3 (Harmony, Tranquility) models when texturing. In fact, the current Node 2-3 (smaller) should be Node 1 (needs retexturing, Unity marking and stuff), and current Node 1 should be Node 2-3.

-Harmony-Tranquility (Node 2-3) Modules: see above.

-Common Berthing Mechanism (CBM): when you berth two modules, there's too much space between them. Every time I need to offset the two CBMs and put them more inside the module. In my opinion, they should be slightly thighter, but offsetting is ok for now.

-S0 Truss: the support structures should be reshaped considering that Node 1 needs to be remade and the space occupied from the CBMs should be thighter.

-JEM: the JEM main module texture is gross, compared to the other modules textures

-JEM arm and Canadarm: in my opinion they should be faster by default when moving.

-Truss and Panels: I find that the old system of making the trusses sun-tracking was ok. I know that you can't attach anything to it (or it will not rotate) but with Infernal Robotics you must control them manually and orient continously, and I find it difficult and annoying.

Overall:

-When in orbit red and blue polygons can be seen.

-Part count extreme, craft is a bit laggy

SPACE SHUTTLE:

-Standard Canadarm (the one you provide as subassembly) moves but magnet isn't working (although the on/off option is present)

-OMS Engines: I find them underpowered. Good for standard Shuttle, maybe an Engine Fix Patch (like the old one not working) could be a nice option (separate download).

-Docking node not working (resolved adding an APAS on top, but it's another add to part count!)

-Atmosphere: during reentry it flies literally like a brick, no control at all. Still haven't tried the Extra glide, Less drag, More lift patch, but without it it's uncontrollable.

Are you using far? There is no way the shuttle drops like a brick. It flies too well. I can never figure out why some people can use it and some dont.

Can anybody help? I cant keep doing this...

Development is on hold, to be cancelled. Looking for someone else to take over.

Origional iss download link on page one.

I'd be willing to take over

You were a great guy . and an amazing modder. Good luck my friend in the future ☺

Edited by Tristonwilson12

I'm willing to jump back in a little on Dreamchaser and the Atlas booster for it, if you're needing to give that up too? I REALLY appreciate all you've done carrying and improving it while I've been too busy!

What mesh and texture changes have been made already? Can I get current source files from you, if you'd like to hand it back over for a while?

And I haven't modded since .90 or so... so it's going to be a learning curve on what's changed Aero and game balance wise, so... if anyone has been doing .cfgs for vertical launch horizontal recovery space planes, i'd love some teamwork...

Art

Well, on the bright side, Dragon is returning to take up the ISS, Soyuz, and shuttle, and Artwhaley is now here to do Dream Chaser.

Good. Well If that's the case, he can start off where he left it without any of my modifications and my work is to be removed

Wowowowo...stop. Who exactly said that Dragon will take the things up again?

Mike, please, could you put a download link up with all the source files (for the shuttle, X-37, Dreamchaser)? Maybe we can find someone who can do something with that, but please, don't just remove everything. PLEASE

Why remove everything? Man, we love your work, maybe someone can take it and bring it on! I updated to 1.0.4 from a safe and plenty of mods 0.90 only to enjoy your pack. Dragon and Bobcat apparently abandoned their project, leaving users without updates. However, you literally SAVED the ISS, Shuttle, MIR, Soyuz, Proton, Progress, Dreamchaser mod even adding other brilliant components! Without you, KSP wouldn't have real launchers, rocket, stations and a working shuttle on 1.0.4! Think about it! Why don't you just slow it down? You were a update-machinegun, other developers only update every month/3 weeks... I know that mantaining so many mods and correct tons of bugs is difficult, but you made a lot of people finally happy with astonishing replicas of real spacecraft. Relax man, and take it easy. Don't destroy everything you made. Keep going, we can wait a couple of weeks for some awesome content!

Edited by trooperMNG

I have a suggestion mike why not just focus on one thing and do it (SLOW) you said yourself you lose focus why not just work on your x15 or the the 747 you created. Your work is excellent and there are going to be a lot of sad people around here if you just throw it away. Everything you have done has been greatly appreciated the additions the fixes the dedication take a break come back refreshed and recharged we will be here waiting on your next great project.

PS

Until i see updates flowing from the BoBcat / Dragon threads its just heresay

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.