ISS 1.1.2 development thread

Mike-NZ

It will be in gamedata/realism overhaul/suggested mods/

called ISS.

Let me check

- - - Updated - - -

Its not part of the iss mod on github. I think.

Delete the jemarm folder in gamedata/isscomunity/parts/

See if it works

Hello!! I constructing ISS. But I can't understand: how on orbit I must will attach without dockport parts ISS: S0, P1,P3 and other? How I can do this in space? I know it is possible only on the ground, in hangar..

You can either add docking ports or use KAS to attach them.

- - - Updated - - -

I noticed a problem with the nodes for 2 huge solar panels, they are 90 degrees off from the others

You can either add docking ports or use KAS to attach them.

- - - Updated - - -

I noticed a problem with the nodes for 2 huge solar panels, they are 90 degrees off from the others

I was look a video and screens, where is attach part P0 without KAS and dockport. 1 sec. I will found the link.

here

and here

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/45692-ISS-Construction-Journal-Image-Heavy/page2

( see post #15)

Edited by Irenicus

I was look a video and screens, where is attach part P0 without KAS and dockport. 1 sec. I will found the link.

here

and here

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/45692-ISS-Construction-Journal-Image-Heavy/page2

( see post #15)

I did some testing yesterday and he solar panel parts connect as if they have docking ports.

But how it is possible? This parts ( I mean parts s0,s1 and other) of ISS have some properties "docking ports?"

How attach the part S0 without dockport to modules Z1-Unity-1?:huh:

This mod goes well with kas and kis

- - - Updated - - -

But how it is possible? This parts ( I mean parts s0,s1 and other) of ISS have some properties "docking ports?"

How attach the part S0 without dockport to modules Z1-Unity-1?:huh:

This mod goes well with kas and kis

Irenicus, the mod called KIS is similar to KAS which you have, however it allows you to attach parts using nodes, similar to how you would in the VAB. I haven't actually used this mod in a while, but I use KIS frequently and I was the one who suggested using KiS specifically for attaching the truss parts, so I think this should work.

To do this, first make sure you put a power tool, which KIS includes and will be in its own tag on the part list, in the mk3 pod's inventory, which is also from KIS, and is found by right clicking the pod in the VAB, under inventory.

Then take S0 up as you did and sit the craft where you were trying to dock in your video. Then, EVA an engineer kerbal, right click him/her and select their inventory and then the pod's inventory, and drag the power tool into the kerbals inventory. Right click the tool and select 'equip', and it will appear in their hand. Then move the kerbal next to the Z1, switch to the pod with S0 attached, and make sure that it is still. Then undock it from S0, leaving S0 by itself. It shouldn't move too much hopefully.

Next go back to the EVA kerbal, hold G and left click S0, it should show up green. You will then be holding the S0 similar to doing so in the VAB; bear in mind that you will have a green hologram kind of second version which is what you place, while the actual part will remain floating by itself. You can use the R key to change between which node you or attaching by or a surface attach mode; you will need to press R once or twice to get the right node. You can then attach the S0 like you would in VAB, and thats it.

Irenicus, the mod called KIS is similar to KAS which you have, however it allows you to attach parts using nodes, similar to how you would in the VAB. I haven't actually used this mod in a while, but I use KIS frequently and I was the one who suggested using KiS specifically for attaching the truss parts, so I think this should work.

To do this, first make sure you put a power tool, which KIS includes and will be in its own tag on the part list, in the mk3 pod's inventory, which is also from KIS, and is found by right clicking the pod in the VAB, under inventory.

Then take S0 up as you did and sit the craft where you were trying to dock in your video. Then, EVA an engineer kerbal, right click him/her and select their inventory and then the pod's inventory, and drag the power tool into the kerbals inventory. Right click the tool and select 'equip', and it will appear in their hand. Then move the kerbal next to the Z1, switch to the pod with S0 attached, and make sure that it is still. Then undock it from S0, leaving S0 by itself. It shouldn't move too much hopefully.

Next go back to the EVA kerbal, hold G and left click S0, it should show up green. You will then be holding the S0 similar to doing so in the VAB; bear in mind that you will have a green hologram kind of second version which is what you place, while the actual part will remain floating by itself. You can use the R key to change between which node you or attaching by or a surface attach mode; you will need to press R once or twice to get the right node. You can then attach the S0 like you would in VAB, and thats it.

Hmmm....If I correctly translated from English...I wiil try.. And.. May be you can show me a screen this operations? Or video... I never use KIS :(

So... I will build new ship with KIS invetory and truss S0.

Thank you for answer!!!

Not work... I recive message to heavy :(

Sorry man, I'm not really sure how to make it more simple, it's a pretty complicated process, but unfortunately this is the route MikeNZ and the rest preferred... maybe if you try playing around with KIS for some other craft you might get the hang of it a bit better?

Sorry man, I'm not really sure how to make it more simple, it's a pretty complicated process, but unfortunately this is the route MikeNZ and the rest preferred... maybe if you try playing around with KIS for some other craft you might get the hang of it a bit better?

Yeah, the choice was , made to make it more realistic.

I understand you. But 1 kerban cannot do this. When I use G, I see messege: Too heavy. bring more kerbin 5>1

I understand you. But 1 kerban cannot do this. When I use G, I see messege: Too heavy. bring more kerbin 5>1

Ah I understand, in that case you just need to have another 4 kerbals on EVA right next to where you are working. I don't know if they need to be engineer and have power tools as well, so I would do that just in case. They only need to be floating around right next to it when you pick up and join S0 to ISS so it's ok if they drift around a little bit

Ah I understand, in that case you just need to have another 4 kerbals on EVA right next to where you are working. I don't know if they need to be engineer and have power tools as well, so I would do that just in case. They only need to be floating around right next to it when you pick up and join S0 to ISS so it's ok if they drift around a little bit

Just remember to pick them up again after your done

5 kerbins!!!!!! How I will must control them??:(( I use one, another flying away:((( But I was collected all of them in 1 point. After I was use G, but the truss S0 have yellow color and I was recive message: too far... May be it is happening because my truss S0 moving too far?

- - - Updated - - -

I will must constructing this station!!! :))))

Edited by Irenicus

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.