Kerbal Space Program Gamer’s Edition is now available!

SQUAD

EDIT: Duh, Gamersedition.com has better facts than a 3rd party site.... what was I thinking....

https://www.gamersedition.com/product/kerbal-space-program

ksp-590x330.jpg

From geek.com :

The game costs $40, so you’re basically paying $45 for some fun extras.

$85 for the whole package, no information on if the extra bits can be bought separate yet.

Also, no female kerbal models if the PR material is any indication, but every image does have the "Pre-production artwork, subject to change" addendum on it.

Oh, just one more thing, This doesnt even happen if they dont fill the minimum order to start production, as per their FAQ

Edited by r4pt0r

lol yea, I learned how to play the game a LOOOONNG tiem ago. they dumped a lot on this version.

or I can just download the .9 and play that way. everyone seems to know the problem, the drag/atmosphere and reliably putting rockets into orbit, I read about a dozen assent profiles, mechjeb tweeks, funny a lot of work for players who used to be able to put rockets into orbit.

wonder how new players who come in and don't bother coming back because it is so hard to place a rocket into orbit ulike the hundred of youtube vids that show how much fun it used to be??

I am not saying change it back to the way it was but ,why not tweek it so it a little easier to launch something into orbit?? or give use a work around to get them into orbit. funny how the purist rocket players insist that you should NEVER use mods like mech jeb to get into orbit but they used hyper edit to place their eve landers in eve orbit instead of launching them from kerbin, transfer to eve, land, and do it each time for every mistake they make?

hypocritical

lol [sic] yea, I learned how to play the game a LOOOONNG tiem [sic] ago. [sic] they [sic] dumped a lot on this version.

or [sic] I can just download the .9 and play that way. [sic] everyone [sic] seems to know the problem, [sic] the drag/atmosphere and reliably putting rockets into orbit, [sic] I read about a dozen assent [sic] profiles, mechjeb tweeks [sic], funny [sic] a lot of work for players who used to be able to put rockets into orbit.

wonder [sic] how new players who come in and don't bother coming back because it is so hard to place a rocket into orbit ulike [sic] the hundred of youtube vids [sic] that show how much fun it used to be??

[sic] I am not saying change it back to the way it was but ,why [sic] not tweek [sic] it so it a little easier to launch something into orbit??[sic] or [sic] give use a work around [sic] to get them into orbit. [sic] funny how the purist rocket players insist that you should [sic] NEVER use mods like mech jeb [sic] to get into orbit but they used hyper edit [sic] to place their eve [sic] landers in eve [sic] orbit [sic] instead of launching them from kerbin, [sic] transfer to eve [sic], land, and do it each time for every mistake they make?

hypocritical [sic]

Easy.

ALT+F12 -> Physics -> Click "Use spherical model"

Tweak some other things and you've got the pre-1.0 unrealistic Billy souposphere.

Or just take 4 seconds and put fins at the bottom of your rocket and follow a proper gravity turn. How come it's so easy and fun for me (EVEN WITH FAR) and tens of thousands of others but so "hard to place a rocket into orbit ulike [sic] the hundred [sic] of youtube [sic] vids [sic] that show how much fun it used to be"? It just shows that it's player error. You paid for a realistic rocket science game and you got a realistic rocket science game. It's hard by nature.

Edited by mythbusters844

yes, took some getting used to the new aerodynamics, but by now most things launch pretty well. Still harder to figure out how to build things that are going to make it up there than it used to be, but that's part of the fun, a big part.

If you would like to discuss aerodynamics, there are plenty of other threads for that. I think this thread was intended to be about the gamer's edition of KSP.

So, if we could...

Cheers,

~Claw

From geek.com :

The game costs $40, so you’re basically paying $45 for some fun extras.

$85 for the whole package, no information on if the extra bits can be bought separate yet.

And since you've already paid for the game "you're basically paying the full $85 for some fun extras".

I have a steady income and am in a solid financial situation. But $85 (ex shipping) for some pieces of string, nicely printed cardboard and styrofoam is a bit much.

And since you've already paid for the game "you're basically paying the full $85 for some fun extras".

I have a steady income and am in a solid financial situation. But $85 (ex shipping) for some pieces of string, nicely printed cardboard and styrofoam is a bit much.

I pretty much said the same thing on Facebook when they first announced it (minus the price). I had several people telling me I was being a "cheapskate" (and not so nice things).

I don't understand the mobile... Is this package specificly catered to new parents? $85 should get you more then some figurines and something meant to go over a baby crib. Artwork, a comic maybe. A hat even... Anything would've been better then a... Mobile.

It seems a little bit disingenuous to me to call it "Available Now", when there's still a good chance the thing won't even enter production owing to lack of orders... I like the sound of the patch and the figures though. If the patch were available independently, and not too expensive, it would be nice to grab that. $85 is a lot...

Oh, also, Kerbin is backwards on the diorama. Hopefully that gets fixed.

It would also be nice to see an art book with early concepts and pictures of in-development stuff. A little history book of the game, basically.

Comparing it to the previous Gamer's Editions (including the Papers Please one that didn't make it), it does seem like you get fewer items for more money, though I suppose it depends heavily on the quality and cost of the rocket + kerbal figures.

Edited by NovaSilisko

What? It's not backwards Spanish!?!, yep needs to be fixed.

So far Squad has outsourced all their merchandise, if they were a big company I'd wonder why but seeing as it's just a few guys in Mexico, and a handful of others dotted around the world, I can't really blame them.

It's nice they took the effort to arrange something for the fans.

Edited by sal_vager

What? It's not backwards Spanish!?!, yep needs to be fixed.

So far Squad has outsourced all their merchandise, if they were a big company I'd wonder why but seeing as it's just a few guys in Mexico, and a handful of others dotted around the world, I can't really blame them.

It's nice they took the effort to arrange something for the fans.

I agree its nice they did something for the fans. The merchandise is actually kinda cool. However everytime I see new merchandise released or non-gameplay related announcements... I can't help but think "please fix the big errors in the game before you go all commercial."

Granted, SQUAD definitely deserves every dollar they make, and I know that producing things like Collectors Editions and such don't actually slow down the development of the game, but I can't help but be disappointed every time I see something like this instead of progress on 1.0.3 or Unity 5.

It's like they got 90% the way to the finish line, threw up a tent and started a victory party :(

/gripe

£45 extra for what? some tat? No thanks. Squad if you want more of my cash fix the game please.

Thanks.

Agreed.

Should this be merged with the main thread?

I didn't notice the Kerbin thing. There's a chance that errors can be fixed if they haven't guessed a number to make, and started production.

We are in an era of Just-In-Time manufacturing, no one wants to be stuck with unsold product anymore.

3D printing allows single items to be made, and for things where you might sell more than 1, but no single person or company is willing risk pre-paying for production, we have this crowd-sourced pre-payment method.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.