Rescued kerbals are all female?

What's the male/female breakdown of your rescue contracts?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. What's the male/female breakdown of your rescue contracts?

• Only males, and I've seen 10+ contracts!
    • Only males, but I've seen less than 10 contracts
    • Mix of males and females
    • Only females, but I've seen less than 10 contracts
    • Only females, and i've seem 10+ contracts!

I removed the Asteroid Day MOD and now I am getting Male Kerbal missions again.

Me, too. When I had that mod installed, I ceased to see any male VIP/Ferry/Rescue contracts whatsoever. Removed it, and they are random again.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished 5 rescue missions and declined about 20. All female kerbonauts. I have installed the Asteroid Day mod, alongside with few other mods (Kerbal Engineer, AlarmClock, Chatterer, DistantObjectEnhancement, TransferWindowPlanner, PortraitStats) Using 1.04 on Win7.

Various Mods installed and I'm also experiencing ONLY FEMALE rescue contracts.

The most strange situation occurred in a past save, with a MALE kerbal stranded on Mun, that TURNED female between different playing sessions.

Then, ANY other one is directly ONLY female.

... Asteroid Day involved?

Aside from various mods already used by me, and updated, it is my latest addition...

UPDATE:

... as guessed here, thanks to other hits, I could point the problem almost surelly to "Asteroid Day".

Removed, and male rescue contracts started again...

... back in the list, and even those MALE stranded kerbals already in an accepted mission (but NOT already rescued) become FEMALE at once.

I see a correlation! :D

• 4 weeks later...

First why does it even matter how many male or female characters there are in the game ?

Gender is not listed in their stats and all I really care about is Scientist, Engineer or Pilot.

So I pulled up the roster and looked for some way to distinguish them and well it looks like the males have a widow peak

So that would give me 9 Male and 9 Female Rescues.

And more importantly

Scientists - 5

Engineers - 7

Pilots - 6

And no I am NOT running the asteroid day mod.

Edited by Korizan

I think we are sure it is the Asteroid Day MOD that is causing the issue. Now, I would just like to hear from the DEVs that they are aware of the issue, and if there is any chance of it being fixed. Granted, I can play the game without the MOD, so I am not in a rush to get a fix, but I think I would like to use this official mod if I could. I wonder what caused the glitch, and if there might be a way to fix it ourselves.

I have located the source of the issue. It seems to be caused by having an uneven number of contracts defined, by addons or otherwise. Any contract addon can cause it, but since Asteroid Day adds an odd number of contracts - one, it is likely to cause it. This is why some people experience it, and others do not. Even people with Asteroid Day might see males if they have other contract mods installed that are evening out their definitions.

The fix for this will be in the next patch. However, in the mean time, I have come up with a small plugin here that you guys can plop in your GameData folder to fix it. Keep in mind that this is a temporary fix, but it adds a single blank contract definition to even out your definition count, until a more permanent solution is in place. Also keep in mind, that if you add more contract addons after the fix, you may need to remove it to fix the bug again.

For people that are experiencing this issue, please let me know if the fix helps you.

Edited by Arsonide

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.