[1.6.1] Chaka Monkey 161

YANFRET

1 hour ago, kysam2 said:

Hey YANFRET, I'm having a problem where with your mod just by pitching the spacecraft without engines on changes periapsis and apoapsis. Any help with this bug would be appreciated. Thanks, kysam2.

Turn off RCS

42 minutes ago, YANFRET said:

Example craft and how much change to orbit?

I've tested all craft, they are all doing it. Lets just say SLS with Orion then. The change can change the periapsis (from apoapsis) or apoapsis (from periapsis) by 200- 400 meters when in LKO. Now lets say I have a Duna encounter, with a periapsis, but I'm still in Kerbol's sphere of influence. When moving around then, it will change the periapsis by 10- 20 Km.

6 hours ago, BuzzKillian said:

Yanfret,
I absolutely LOVE this mod! However, I'm having an issue with the entire ORION pod having a rapid unplanned disassembly every time I undock. Is there a patch for 1.0.5B that I'm not seeing?

THANK YOU for all the hard work you've put into this. I enjoy it a lot.

You have stumbled upon a critical flaw with KSP 1.0.5 that has been the subject of detailed discussions between Chaka and Squad.

Your Monkey Action Ticket number is F-CK001-D

Essentially, if you leave the Bobcat Orion model docked to anything, go to spaceport and come back, undocking it causes destruction of the universe. 

Per Squad there is no fix for this yet, and it is "complicated".

We are working on a new Orion model and Squad is working on 1.1... until either is ready you are compelled to un dock orion before switching to space center and back.

Trust us, we agree it is frustrating.

KndPwP.jpg
3BZTNj.jpg
8PyLg9.jpg
pJt7Mo.jpg
GBrXw6.jpg
lNN4vQ.jpg
FklsLo.jpgHIlAQi.jpgtAhURN.jpg8vGBQR.jpg
AjKyGD.jpg
1tXpZK.jpg

On 1/5/2016 at 10:54 PM, NathanKell said:

Nightingale nailed down the underlying way KSP is breaking, so I should be able to fix it. Sorry I can't think of any workarounds meanwhile, it's a very deep issue. :(

Edited by YANFRET

15 hours ago, YANFRET said:

You have stumbled upon a critical flaw with KSP 1.0.5 that has been the subject of detailed discussions between Chaka and Squad.

Essentially, if you leave the Bobcat Orion model docked to anything, go to spaceport and come back, undocking it causes destruction of the universe. 

We are working on a new Orion model and Squad is working on 1.1... until either is ready you are compelled to un dock orion before switching to space center and back.

Thank you so much for you quick response! I thought I had broken my game somehow, so although it's not great news, it's good to know that I can still dock, transfer, and <undock> without any glitches. I've just decided to decouple everything but the pod from my orbital station as a sort of last ditch escape vehicle because if I try to undock it... well, you already know. Thanks again for all you've done and I'll keep my eye out updates and for this mod in 1.1!

You seem to be missing parts for the altair lunar landing and the orion crew transfer. First the is no way that i can get my crew out of the altair pod. There is no door. Looking at NASA's proposal, there is an airlock on the side of the altair pod and i looked everywhere for that part but its not there. Also there is no decoupler between the descent stage and the altair pod. For the orion craft, the orion mpcv docking system doesn't dock like it should. Hopefully i can get a reply. Great mod, use it all the time with RSS RO

4 hours ago, shizzak said:

You seem to be missing parts for the altair lunar landing and the orion crew transfer. First the is no way that i can get my crew out of the altair pod. There is no door. Looking at NASA's proposal, there is an airlock on the side of the altair pod and i looked everywhere for that part but its not there. Also there is no decoupler between the descent stage and the altair pod. For the orion craft, the orion mpcv docking system doesn't dock like it should. Hopefully i can get a reply. Great mod, use it all the time with RSS RO

We are aware of the problem.  The most recent update to KSP made the old Altair nonfunctional, so it was remade from scratch.  It still has some bugs to be worked out.  Unfortunately, the Altair is on the back burner as we are putting the priority on finishing the new Orion.  The docking bug with the Orion is also known (read about it in just a few posts above yours).  We are doing our best to work out these bugs as soon as possible. :)

1 hour ago, Brainpop14 said:

Uh, there are several parts in this mod that I don't want. Is it possible to delete a few without completely breaking everything?

Write down the details of what you don't want, then go through the mod's folder in GameData and find the parts you don't want and just delete them.  If you are careful, you shouldn't break the entire mod ;)

6 hours ago, Brainpop14 said:

Uh, there are several parts in this mod that I don't want. Is it possible to delete a few without completely breaking everything?

Funny, I ask myself that question before each update.

Which parts?

its not really a big deal, i can just use the MSV pod as the altair for a while. I had two KSP files. One for Kerbin and one for earth. They both use chaka monkey's mod and i noticed in the unaltered ksp i see all my missing parts including the parachutes and orion solar panel fairings. I haven't deduced what mods are making this bug but the only mods i have are RO and its dependencies including RSS

On 2/21/2016 at 2:36 PM, YANFRET said:

I have a suspicion that is not related to the docking port (or at least, isn't ONLY related to the docking port).  While testing a few things last night, I had this same bug happen.... but there wasn't a docking port on the ship and it wasn't during a docking/undocking procedure.  It happened during atmospheric re-entry.  The parachute module blew off completely during re-entry and got locked at a distance from the ship.  Luckily, the parachute still deployed and safely landed the ship... despite being who knows where (below the ship and below the ground at that point)

@YANFRET Seeing as my latest video was 99% CMES. I thought I'd share with you guys. I built an Orion / Delta IV Heavy. But used engines / Nose cones from KW. Also put the solar panels on IR Pivitrons so they would be swept during maneuvers. Thank you for fixing the Orion adaptor / shroud. I was beginning to miss building these.

7 hours ago, V8jester said:

@YANFRET Seeing as my latest video was 99% CMES. I thought I'd share with you guys. I built an Orion / Delta IV Heavy. But used engines / Nose cones from KW. Also put the solar panels on IR Pivitrons so they would be swept during maneuvers. Thank you for fixing the Orion adaptor / shroud. I was beginning to miss building these.

Very nice!

@YANFRET Was there a reason the Nasa docking ports were 5 tons? Took a functional lander and made it over budget on weight and crashed as soon as I added the port.

as a comparison the Squad Docking Port SR is only "mass = 0.2"

.....stuff.....

title = CHAKA / NASA Docking System 
	manufacturer = Boeing
	description = The NASA Docking System (NDS) is a spacecraft docking and berthing mechanism for US human spaceflight vehicles, such as the Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle and the Commercial Crew vehicles.
	attachRules = 1,1,1,1,0

-------mass = 5-----

.....Stuff.....

2 hours ago, V8jester said:

@YANFRET Was there a reason the Nasa docking ports were 5 tons? Took a functional lander and made it over budget on weight and crashed as soon as I added the port.

as a comparison the Squad Docking Port SR is only "mass = 0.2"

.....stuff.....

title = CHAKA / NASA Docking System 
	manufacturer = Boeing
	description = The NASA Docking System (NDS) is a spacecraft docking and berthing mechanism for US human spaceflight vehicles, such as the Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle and the Commercial Crew vehicles.
	attachRules = 1,1,1,1,0

-------mass = 5-----

.....Stuff.....

In older versions of KSP, the rigidity of a dock port relied heavily on the mass ratio between the port and the next part attached. In the current version this is much less a factor, so we are reducing the port's mass to 1 ton for the next update, which still provides a fairly rigid dock.

There is also a lower mass version of the port included.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.