[1.6.1] Chaka Monkey 161

YANFRET

Intermonkey Space Station

Testing continues with SLS version (600km target orbit)

At 600 km EMLV I Snacks services station and EMLV II Orion transfers crew.

WqAR49.jpg

nZ2qZu.jpg

Next the MLS version will target a Munar orbit.

In MLS config, the Altair pod is launched with the stack (sold separately in SLS config)

Direct Munar injection targets 1000 km Munar orbit. EMLV II Snacks Plus serivces station and EMLV III Orion transfers crew

geOW7g.jpg

Edited by YANFRET

Quesiton from user:

[email protected]

9:02 PM (1 hour ago)

to me

Chaka Monkey Exploration Systems has been commented on by Buzzcopter

"hey um... I just like spent $10 on data trying to download this over and over again coz both A an B downloads are broken... well they wont download for me... mmmm that was worth it... can you let me know when you fix the zip... thanx... I know this is hard work and all but yea... paying $10 for nothing is a bit annoying..."

Chaka's Answer:

Okay! so..

Thank you for your interest in Chaka Monkey Exploration Systems.

Persuant to your request for download capability we have spot checked each link and found they work perfectly.

Also our records indicate tha the pack has been downloaded on average 100 times per day by users around the world consistently since the last update as well as today.

We apologize for any download charges you may incur due to your situation, however invite you to find a different connection to the internet through which you may download and enjoy Chaka.

Regards and best wishes for safe and happy downloading,

Y.C.

â–² Actually coming this fall there is going to be a reality TV show in which the blue team is assigned to making it work in RO and the red team is assigned to building all the rockets in real life, to see who gets it done first

What does Y.C. stand for? I do wonder if it is or isn't Yanfret Chaka.

Five cookies awarded to Mr Budgie!

â–² Actually coming this fall there is going to be a reality TV show in which the blue team is assigned to making it work in RO and the red team is assigned to building all the rockets in real life, to see who gets it done first

Five cookies awarded to Mr Budgie!

Can I exchange those 5 cookies for an RO version of CMES? :)

I personally find the RO thread to be a little daunting. I guess I feel more welcome here. Plus, with so many parts in CMES, adapting it for RO would be best achieved with Yanfret's participation.

I personally find the RO thread to be a little daunting. I guess I feel more welcome here. Plus, with so many parts in CMES, adapting it for RO would be best achieved with Yanfret's participation.

What if Yanfret's don't use RO how would he help ? Unless he installs it and plays around with it and that eats up time so someone that already know about RO would be best.

EDIT- RO jacks up the CMES scale bad someone would have to go through the whole pack and rescale it.

EDIT- And sounds like you use RO why not give it a try ? And help out ?

Edited by Mecripp2

Orbit management, debris avoidance, and as a robotic transfer or emergency crew vehicle. In it's shown config, orbit management would be the primary role. However, as needed it could autonomously un dock, transfer to a crewed ship in a nearby orbit, and return docking to the habitat section, without the need for station and the other system to interact.

Edited by YANFRET

Do u plan on making an IVA for the Orion Capsule?

Theres a stand-in, made by the guy who made the ASET mod. Its got lots of pretty computers and buttons that all work and is really great. It only has three crewed seats, though.

In the misty future, Yanfret expects there to be a custom-made Orion IVA that fits more than 3 kerbals and (I think) is true to what we can expect for the real Orion's capsule interior

Is this some kind of a joke that I don't get?

Why is everything so insanely heavy and outside stock balance?

LES system, purely esthetical in KSP - 10 tonnes. 3 man crew capsule - 10 tonnes. Docking port 1.25m size - 5 tonnes. Structural nose cone with no fuel in it - 2 tonnes. Habitation modules - 40ish tonnes.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Is this some kind of a joke that I don't get?

Why is everything so insanely heavy and outside stock balance?

LES system, purely esthetical in KSP - 10 tonnes. 3 man crew capsule - 10 tonnes. Docking port 1.25m size - 5 tonnes. Structural nose cone with no fuel in it - 2 tonnes. Habitation modules - 40ish tonnes.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

It's because CMES is not a pack meant to be balanced with stock, but be analogous to the real vehicles they represent, but in the stock solar system.

Edited by Budgie
Strange double post

genuine question, not trying to be a douche or anything, but, are you new to mods? have you seen their size compared to stock?

the pod alone is the size of the large tanks (3.75m diameter), this pack isn't intended for stock, it is at 75% scale and most mods you find that recreate stuff are at 64% scale, not to mention that most mods, even stock-alike ones, aren't balanced for stock gaming

Chaka's rockets are balanced to depict the real vehicles placed into the Kerbol system. So half way to the Moon is half way to the Mun. Sometimes this results in parts that are heavier than you would expect.

In the case of dock ports, in KSP, the rigidity of a docked connection is affected by the relative masses of the dock port parts and the overall spacecraft(s). To allow Orion and other systems to have a rigid docked connection, those ports are typically 5t. Low mass versions of the CBM and IDA ports are also included for situations when structural docking is not necessary.

Orion Payload Expansion Cartridge

(continued)

Its essentially a double service module fairing sized for the MPLM habitat.

cLDpnd.jpg

acDL4B.jpg

tcQJwW.jpg

YXwA9H.jpg

bCzVjG.jpg

5ymgTR.jpg

fESVXK.jpg

cVxo0x.jpg

Edited by YANFRET

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.