[1.6.1] Chaka Monkey 161

YANFRET

Hey this is cool!

I was wondering if you could make a Download that just has the Orion and SLS launch configuration? Without all the lander's and habitats, rovers, etc. I tried separating it all myself but the parts folders are not labeled well. The reason I'm asking is because this mod uses a lot parts from other mods that I already have installed for instance KW Rocketry, so having so many duplicate parts slows and crash's my game.

Thanks!

In the past we released an Orion + EMLV version, however those parts represent such a large footprint of the pack that you would loose more capability than you would memory use. Adding SLS to that light version would make it even less value. The parts licensed from contributing packs are all modified to fit and work with each other and have unique textures, sizes and configs.

That said, we recognize that this is a high memory use pack, and we can look into separating Orion and SLS from the pack and see what size we get by the time the next update is ready.

- - - Updated - - -

Wasn't there a delta rocket in this at one time?

Kartoffelkuchen released a Delta II which we were contributed some texture work and you can find it here http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/78741-1-0-3-Launchers-Pack-V-5-3-Career-Mode-support if that was on your mind

In the past we released an Orion + EMLV version, however those parts represent such a large footprint of the pack that you would loose more capability than you would memory use. Adding SLS to that light version would make it even less value. The parts licensed from contributing packs are all modified to fit and work with each other and have unique textures, sizes and configs.

That said, we recognize that this is a high memory use pack, and we can look into separating Orion and SLS from the pack and see what size we get by the time the next update is ready.

- - - Updated - - -

I see, but thanks for trying. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

- - - Updated - - -

Kartoffelkuchen released a Delta II which we were contributed some texture work and you can find it here http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/78741-1-0-3-Launchers-Pack-V-5-3-Career-Mode-support if that was on your mind

Actually, i was thinking of the big orange delta...the one which test launched Orion irl

That's in the pack! Its scaled for 75% of real life values, I think, and made of separate parts (not one specific piece).

What happened to the old avatar? You had that one since the first day Chaka was revealed to the world!

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a realism overhaul CFG?

They tried but decided it would be easier to make the rockets in real life instead

What happened to the old avatar? You had that one since the first day Chaka was revealed to the world!

- - - Updated - - -

They tried but decided it would be easier to make the rockets in real life instead

Time for a change, something else bird-related. Thats the logo for my upcoming high power rocket I aim to build, which you can see in my sig.

Time for a change, something else bird-related. Thats the logo for my upcoming high power rocket I aim to build, which you can see in my sig.

There is a box in our basement filled with HPR parts and at least one nose cone from an Aerotech Astrobee. In 1999 we used a nice farmer's tractor battery to ignite a G motor in a field and it came down in the only tree for two miles. We tried to shoot it down with a shotgun and failed. The rocket is still in the tree to this day, G casing and all.

There is a box in our basement filled with HPR parts and at least one nose cone from an Aerotech Astrobee. In 1999 we used a nice farmer's tractor battery to ignite a G motor in a field and it came down in the only tree for two miles. We tried to shoot it down with a shotgun and failed. The rocket is still in the tree to this day, G casing and all.

Aw, that's a real shame. HPR is a hobby I really enjoy, though I only really fly once or twice a year I get a real rush when I snap my neck back to see something I made streaking into the blue.

Anyway, back to CMES! Any new treats to tempt us with, o Yanfret, our eternal tempter?

Aw, that's a real shame. HPR is a hobby I really enjoy, though I only really fly once or twice a year I get a real rush when I snap my neck back to see something I made streaking into the blue.

Anyway, back to CMES! Any new treats to tempt us with, o Yanfret, our eternal tempter?

Been experimenting with using the 4 srb "XLS" launch vehicle to put Monkey Transfer Vehicle drive section as well as drop tank into orbit at the same time "MTV segments B and C". So far it works fantastic.

Making some further improvements to the MTV design and experimenting with solar panels again

kMFRpp.jpg

Had an issue with the ASET sounds bundled with CMES. On new ubuntu install, with steam install, the game hung at loading various sound files. Fix was nuking the ASET Sounds dir.

I added mods one by one until it hung again: came to cmes, it hung, uninstalled and it loaded, added rest of mods fine. Added cmes last, hung again. Had an epiphany and removed sounds dir and all has been well for 12+ hrs of play. Only thing I didn't do was try cmes all by itself, but was tired of waiting for game to load at that point.

Latest modulemanager. Fresh cmes dl from friday.

On my phone, can't search thread properly, so if this has been covered, consider me embarrassed.

Could very well be some other linux issue sound-wise. Just happened to right itself when I got rid of the aset sounds.

Edited by SOTMead

Had an issue with the ASET sounds bundled with CMES. On new ubuntu install, with steam install, the game hung at loading various sound files. Fix was nuking the ASET Sounds dir.

I added mods one by one until it hung again: came to cmes, it hung, uninstalled and it loaded, added rest of mods fine. Added cmes last, hung again. Had an epiphany and removed sounds dir and all has been well for 12+ hrs of play. Only thing I didn't do was try cmes all by itself, but was tired of waiting for game to load at that point.

On my phone, can't search thread properly, so if this has been covered, consider me embarrassed.

Could very well be some other linux issue sound-wise. Just happened to right itself when I got rid of the aset sounds.

Probably a linux thing. The ASET components have a strong testing resume.

I'm running ubuntu and haven't had a problem might be something with your system ?

Just gonna leave this here :) SLS Block IB (Real life configuration) carrying Orion and Altair lander for Mun landing at Aldrin Base, while waiting for things to arrive in Duna orbit. Pretty basic CMES mission, but I like the shots and finally got a pretty clouds mod to work, even if the game is like a slideshow at times. Enjoy!

I'm running ubuntu and haven't had a problem might be something with your system ?

Yes, it could very well be some other linux issue sound-wise... ...

- - - Updated - - -

Probably a linux thing. The ASET components have a strong testing resume.

Cool, fair enough. Just thought I'd put it out there.

Just gonna leave this here :) SLS Block IB (Real life configuration) carrying Orion and Altair lander for Mun landing at Aldrin Base, while waiting for things to arrive in Duna orbit. Pretty basic CMES mission, but I like the shots and finally got a pretty clouds mod to work, even if the game is like a slideshow at times. Enjoy!

Sweet! :D

Chaka's version of this configuration is ready to go with the next update. We might be able to do a beta patch to push it out officially before the update is ready

I think this is the best-LOOKING Orion out there. It's fantastic. I have one problem though.

Why does it only seat three!?!?

A custom-made Orion interior has not been made yet. Its on the books for the future, though. Until then, the ASET IVA that was made for the stock Mk1-2 pod is being used because of its very nice RPM screens

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.