[1.6.1] Chaka Monkey 161

YANFRET

My personal preference is a shorter docking hab area just behind the main white hab. It currently looks really long. But other than that, it looks great!

I was thinking maybe if it were longer it could be spun for some G's

mi3FY0.jpg

Z3BM2d.jpg

u0K9Tu.jpg

fLDzgg.jpg

bpcb2V.jpg

EqvUBi.jpg

f49Ya6.jpg

Xjkb39.jpg

A8GFp9.jpg

z5J8ho.jpg

What's the current difference between the NOS and Altair lander bodies? Personally I like the NOS model much better, and I think in this current CMES save, I'll be using it exclusively unless there's a real drawback to its use.

What's the current difference between the NOS and Altair lander bodies? Personally I like the NOS model much better, and I think in this current CMES save, I'll be using it exclusively unless there's a real drawback to its use.

I spoke with Chaka about this personally.

He said that, strictly speaking, he can not take credit for the mission scope of either lander, since Altair was designed by NASA and modeled by Bobcat, and NOS was designed by Boeing and modeled by NoOneSpecial. In other words, Altair is desgined for the Mun and has a structural capacity suited for that environment. The NOS lander has far greater structural loading capacity suited for Duna E, D, and L. Also it has nice snacks boxes, a wider platform and engines that are high from the ground to avoid kickup damage.

Just wanted to post my thanks' date=' love this mod and looking forward to the update![/quote']

Thanks! Keep Exploring :D

I spoke with Chaka about this personally.

He said that, strictly speaking, he can not take credit for the mission scope of either lander, since Altair was designed by NASA and modeled by Bobcat, and NOS was designed by Boeing and modeled by NoOneSpecial. In other words, Altair is desgined for the Mun and has a structural capacity suited for that environment. The NOS lander has far greater structural loading capacity suited for Duna E, D, and L. Also it has nice snacks boxes, a wider platform and engines that are high from the ground to avoid kickup damage.

I'm glad the great Chaka himself opined on my question. I'm going to stick with the NOS, like I said, for commonality in all lander stages, and those excellent snack storage boxes!

More pictures! Please note on the last picture, the weird error with the suit-rack prop floating a distance away from the craft is still around. This was a recently-downloaded instance of CMES

I'm particularly proud of that light post for the landing site, made out of parts brought in containers with KAS/KIS. Makes the Landing site look used and busy!

Edited by Budgie

Orion SPS Nozzle Expansion

Increased ISP with expanded nozzle. Fits into standard Orion attachment fairing, and makes better use of available space.

wzpZbC.jpg

VIpDxW.jpg

8wQ0Fw.jpg

Q9Mdo6.jpg

tHLV7v.jpg

Note rendezvous and docking testing with revised Duna Return to Orbit capsule.

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like NASA still showing both lol

Look here https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-completes-critical-design-review-for-space-launch-system

Caption under the picture: "The SLS Program has completed its critical design review, and the program has concluded that the core stage of the rocket will remain orange along with the Launch Vehicle Stage Adapter, which is the natural color of the insulation that will cover those elements."

Which is a shame, I prefer the paint ;.;

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.