[1.6.1] Chaka Monkey 161

YANFRET

No. They remind me of a family power boat, I think that's just an embellishment on their part. I would like to do a diagonal stripe, Ares 1X style, but it would be a fair amount of work on the Bobcat SRB's because they repeat in stripes around the core.

SLS BLock IB: Munar 1x

Orange Monkey Foam Edition

AcVuSP.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Could you please keep the painted one,for those like myself who still,prefer that one?

The white painted core and extender tank will be included in an "Optional Extras" folder with the download, however will not be included by default in the install.

Revised Minmus Express

r1a4Lx.jpg

Rb8Kft.jpg

CJaxxo.jpg

DKbaOE.jpg

Edited by YANFRET

Is the new minmus express going to include all the items in the screenshot in one convenient package?

SLS Orion system sold separately. Revision includes crew tunnel and solar / radiator hardware, and expanded upper stage to compensate.

Revised Skylab II:

Featuring CX node hardware. CxAerospace ( cxg2827 ) has been extremely gracious to license their CBM and Node 1 hardware to Chaka for the purpose of Monkey Exploration. These two modified parts will be included in the next Chaka revision. They are expanded in size by 1.3x and have revised textures and node strengths.

fijOXC.jpg

Edited by YANFRET

When I launch, I don't see the smoke coming out of the two holes next to the pad. Does anyone else have this issue?

Yep! They probably do :)

Update Progress:

After we added the Orion + Hab and the CX Aerospace node hardware, I wanted to go back through the pack and find opportunities to increase parts count efficiency and reduce pack size. So we did. The overall footprint on disk is down to 188mb, and texture quality of some parts in fact has gone up. Any parts removed from our trimming process will now be included in a separate "Extras" folder with the download. So if you want to go back and re live your favourite white-painted SLS launch or something, there it is.

We re built the rover to an extent, looking for frame rate opportunities on the ground. The other landers have had their parts count reviewed as well, looking for the optimum landing site frame rate experience. In this quest; the "Technical Lander" series of products has been canceled. There is an issue with the fustek cupola which in certain circumstances causes a frame rate lag. It has to do with it's collider and mounting it, plus the textures for that system are huge. Sorry to see it go, but it's time, and in the end, you can add it back with the extras folder.

Revised Duna Habitat / Support Hardware

- New cupola system

- Reduced parts count

- Adjusted dock port heights

- Flight tested

ASoJ4y.jpg

YwuFf7.jpg

Edited by YANFRET

Introducing:

Advanced Monkey Rover Type X

-Mass balanced for greater stability

-Direct connect wheels reduce parts count

-Expanded wheel size option (shown)

-New wheel textures

-Expanded rover base

-Fuel cell backup power

-Auto Locking center wheel set (saves you a step after landing)

-Reduced dependency on torque to remain stable on landing (saves you another step after landing)

-Increased fuel capacity for terminal landing stage, and option for even greater terminal fuel capacity with expanded retro stage

( updated images below )

Edited by YANFRET

Hi chaka! I've registered only to ask you a quick question.

Firs of all thank you for your incredible pack (there are tons of useful engines such as the nervas and the j2x and an awesome orion spacecraft that behaves incredibly good (thanks to bobcat too)). I really appreciate your effort!

However there is one thing that really bothers me: while I was testing a mockup of the ares v, I noted one thing: the ares V calv first stage, which is great in terms of fedelty, actually lacks of gimbals that makes it completely useless once booster separates (even 6 RCS packs with 1kn of thrust each don't work)!

I noted that you're going to release an update but I don't know if it's going to be fixed. If you won't/don't have time/whatever could you anyway tell me which is the folder path where i can find its configurations (i could fix it myself with some good luck)? I've litherally searched on every .cfg file on the propulsion folder but nothing.

PS: any chance for an ares v with rs 68 instead (i could change the thrust by myself anyway)?

Updated Munar 2x / Advanced Monkey Rover Type X

♦ Harder

♦ Better

♦ Stronger

♦ Faster

...All Munar products are now balanced to make them more friendly with autopilot landing. For example, the rover's initial retro engine power is matched to the rover's terminal landing engines, to prevent the autopilot from assuming it has more room to decelerate than it actually does.

The Habitat module now has an expanded fuel tank and uses it's radial engines for the entire landing sequence, deleting the stage below it.

Rover Type X now as an expanded ALCOR pod, and more fuel for polar targets as well as post landing flight.

0HQn7W.jpg

BBYQ1J.jpg

S11EJ9.jpg

uSG8bn.jpg

OL1FBv.jpg

hfyjqi.jpg

ua7Qi6.jpg

PF1uzj.jpg

qrXIfq.jpg

aQBSwD.jpg

X8lejh.jpg

mOIz7k.jpg

eqPFhH.jpg

Edited by YANFRET

Zuppermati said:
Hi chaka! I've registered only to ask you a quick question.

Firs of all thank you for your incredible pack (there are tons of useful engines such as the nervas and the j2x and an awesome orion spacecraft that behaves incredibly good (thanks to bobcat too)). I really appreciate your effort!

However there is one thing that really bothers me: while I was testing a mockup of the ares v, I noted one thing: the ares V calv first stage, which is great in terms of fedelty, actually lacks of gimbals that makes it completely useless once booster separates (even 6 RCS packs with 1kn of thrust each don't work)!

I noted that you're going to release an update but I don't know if it's going to be fixed. If you won't/don't have time/whatever could you anyway tell me which is the folder path where i can find its configurations (i could fix it myself with some good luck)? I've litherally searched on every .cfg file on the propulsion folder but nothing.

PS: any chance for an ares v with rs 68 instead (i could change the thrust by myself anyway)?

If YANFRET wants and can get a license for the KM Gimbal plugin to include it with his pack, it is really easy to fix the gimbal issue. Just add the following module into the MonkeyCargoBooster part:

MODULE
{
    name = KM_Gimbal_3
    gimbalTransformName = thrustTransform
    yawGimbalRange = 3.5
    pitchGimbalRange = 3.5
    gimbalConstrain = 3.5
    responseSpeed = 16
    enableRoll = True
}

I tested it as part of the Realism Overhaul configurations for Chaka Monkey and it works perfectly.

Edited by Phineas Freak

I haven't read anyone else post this yet so I'll start. There appears to be a severe problem with this addon after 1.0.5. It appears that any of the craft included as .craft files with this pack now suffer a catastrophic failure during launch and staging. For example, all of the Orion crafts will break apart when staging stage 5 (the stage that jettisons the LES tower, fairing walls, etc). Also, the craft based on the Delta IV Heavy model with the three fuel tanks fail when attempting to stage the two side tanks. It appears that the separation motors damages the center tank and causes the center engine to get blown off when jettisoning the two empty tanks. I was able to fix the Heavies by removing all of the separation motors and just leaving the decouplers so that the tanks just detach and fall back. I updated the game to the newest build and the problem still continues. I thought perhaps that Squad's hotfix for the engine exhaust damage would solve the problem but it did not. Just wanted to make you aware.

If YANFRET wants and can get a license for the KM Gimbal plugin to include it with his pack, it is really easy to fix the gimbal issue. Just add the following module into the MonkeyCargoBooster part:

MODULE
{
name = KM_Gimbal_3
gimbalTransformName = thrustTransform
yawGimbalRange = 3.500
pitchGimbalRange = 3.500
gimbalConstrain = 3.500
responseSpeed = 16
enableRoll = true
}

I tested it as part of the Realism Overhaul configurations for Chaka Monkey and it works perfectly.

Okay so gimbal was disabled on the legacy bobcat core stage a few KSP revisions ago when it started reversing its gimbal without explanation. Since it's always been a stand-in part until the new SLS core stage model is ready, we havent looked into it any further, other than to raise SAS power to extreme levels for that part and disable the gimbal, expecting to replace that model at some point.

Thank you for making us aware of that plugin option!

I haven't read anyone else post this yet so I'll start. There appears to be a severe problem with this addon after 1.0.5. It appears that any of the craft included as .craft files with this pack now suffer a catastrophic failure during launch and staging. For example, all of the Orion crafts will break apart when staging stage 5 (the stage that jettisons the LES tower, fairing walls, etc). Also, the craft based on the Delta IV Heavy model with the three fuel tanks fail when attempting to stage the two side tanks. It appears that the separation motors damages the center tank and causes the center engine to get blown off when jettisoning the two empty tanks. I was able to fix the Heavies by removing all of the separation motors and just leaving the decouplers so that the tanks just detach and fall back. I updated the game to the newest build and the problem still continues. I thought perhaps that Squad's hotfix for the engine exhaust damage would solve the problem but it did not. Just wanted to make you aware.

We confirm your findings. 1.0.5 update of Chaka is not released yet, we are working the issues.

Here are the details....

As far as things exploding from retro motors, that's all been fixed. The remaining problem is collider snagging on service module style fairings. Other mod products with similar assemblies are experiencing the same issue. For example, if you download the 1.0.5 update to FASA and try to launch the Saturn V, you will see an explosion so large it will set you back in the chair.

Are RealPlume configurations an option that's possible? Surely for lots of the engines you can take the configs from the respective mods you've made this glorious compilation from?

They are, and you're right they could be taken from the contributor's products, but so far we have stayed true to the "simple is better" methodology and might shy away from bells and whistles in favour of reduced pack size, compatibility and mission function. This might sound really conservative, but like spaceflight itself, every tiny piece of Chaka comes at the cost of something else, such as part texture size and quality or frame rate for some users.

Edited by YANFRET

Somehow your Orion mount has become invisible, actually I've never seen that happen but the lower piece is a separate model and if it were to not load for some reason it would look like that.

Let me know if you find out something is conflicting.

[B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=5]Regarding 1.0.5 and Chaka:[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

[B]EDIT:[/B] 1.0.5 lags out when models above 255 polys on the hull are used, and also the "ignore collider" call is broken, making all sorts of poorly designed models explode and destroy each other.

Here is our support issue thread: [url]http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/139654-1-0-5-causes-failure-of-ignore-collision-and-lags-out-with-models-over-255-polys?p=2297907#post2297907[/url]

Having done the research, we have concluded that development of Chaka can not continue until these two changes to KSP are overcome. Edited by YANFRET

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.